Oct 6, 2013
Ter Stegen is the best goalie in the world rn jesus

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
We are so much better without Ronaldo

And Varane has been utter **** this season

Varane lneeds a bit of time and he'll be back to his dominant self. He's hardly the only one, a lot of the players who went deep in the WC are still looking for optimum fitness and game readiness.
Modric was invisible the first half, but raised his game once he got moved back instead of this ridiculous borderline trequartista role that Lopetegui is starting him in.
Benzema was very good once he came on, and Marcelo looks to be coming back to form.

I wouldn't worry about Varane, he's one of their strong points, not a problem. He'll get into form and be the force that he's been over the last 3 years.

Their team on the other hand, as a whole, looks clueless.
And again, I cannot believe some people (including here) thought that Lopetegui would be an upgrade of Zidane.
Hilarious.

That said, they've lost so many top players and depth (Ronaldo, James, Morata, Kovacic) and replaced them with (IMO) overhyped Spanish youth players.
Ceballos is far from a done deal as a top tier player, and Asensio is very inconsistent. Carvajal, when healthy, is the best RB in the world - problem is, his health is becoming more and more of an issue.

Most of all though, as someone who's seen every game that Real and Barca have played in the last forever, I don't like Lopetegui-ball because it's boring.
Whether it was Pep or Mou, Zidane or Lucho, etc... You could always rely on Real and Barca games to be interesting. This Lopetegui-ball, tiki-taka without purpose, is absolutely horrid to watch.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
  • Varane has been inconsistent for years.
  • I've been suggesting as much about ter Stegen for some time. I've been supporting the club for 20 years and we've not had a better keeper during that time.
  • Messi injury... Valverde better f***ing start Dembele and start rotating in Malcolm.
  • Read a blurb that Perez wants Mourinho back to replace Lopetegui. I don't buy it, but one can dream. And if Lopetegui gets the sack it serves both he and Perez right for the way they announced his signing.

VAR is killing it in La Liga this season. No more handouts points to Madrid/Barça.

If you actually watched Barça play you'd know how ridiculous a statement that is.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
  • Varane has been inconsistent for years.
  • I've been suggesting as much about ter Stegen for some time. I've been supporting the club for 20 years and we've not had a better keeper during that time.
  • Messi injury... Valverde better ****ing start Dembele and start rotating in Malcolm.
  • Read a blurb that Perez wants Mourinho back to replace Lopetegui. I don't buy it, but one can dream. And if Lopetegui gets the sack it serves both he and Perez right for the way they announced his signing.

If you actually watched Barça play you'd know how ridiculous a statement that is.

I simply didn't want to say Madrid only cause people could say I'm a salty Barcelona fan so I put both of them.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
La liga is absolutely insane right now. There's a legit chances Espanyol is in the top spot after this weekend.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If Real loses tonight there should be a firing done at the end of day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad