La Liga 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Wow, La Real win away to Huesca after going down to nine men. Merino was the goalscorer and it'll be interesting to see how he does. Theo Hernandez is a moron, but then I'm sure we all already knew that.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I'm not so convinced it wasn't deliberate. On the one hand he isn't even looking at the player and is playing the ball. On the other hand I can't come up with a logical reason to move your arm/elbow like that. I can't disagree with the red.

They can still win this, but they can't f*** around. Two more guys on a yellow card already. I would get Umtiti, maybe for Dembele. Tough call.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Semedo... the guy did virtually nothing out there. If you're not going to get forward because you're going to defend, fine, but then make sure you defend. Might as well have been playing with nine. Didn't Think Rakitic offered much of anything either. Arthur was on a yellow, OK, but he was clearly involved. He could have put in Sergi for Semedo instead. And why was Lenglet starting the first place? To get him ready for Spurs? Play him at Leganes ffs.

Busquets caught inside the box or just a little bit out, nothing from the ref. Ridiculous

He also didn't call the foul on Messi towards the end there and prior to that Messi was being fouled but since he didn't go down no call.

Anyway, f*** those Girona time-wasting Man City feeder club cowards. Up a man for more than half the match and they play like that?

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
I managed to catch the last 15 minutes of the game. I have to give mad respect to Barcelona for not parking the bus and going to for it while being a man down. Juventus parks the bus with the man advantage. I am not even joking. It has happened quite a few times .

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I managed to catch the last 15 minutes of the game. I have to give mad respect to Barcelona for not parking the bus and going to for it while being a man down. Juventus parks the bus with the man advantage. I am not even jokong. It has happened quite a few times .

That's how they always play. I missed the first part of the match, but didn't like Pique on their first goal at all, but he was like a man possessed trying to get us the three points.

Girona were just stupid. Might have had three points without with just a little effort going for a winner, but instead they time-wasted and parked a massive bus.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Dembélé needs to work on that touch of his and his decision making in the final third. Girona had a game plan for him and took him off the ball easily in the first half. Increased competition from Malcom will do him good this season. Alba was massive

Last edited:

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I managed to catch the last 15 minutes of the game. I have to give mad respect to Barcelona for not parking the bus and going to for it while being a man down. Juventus parks the bus with the man advantage. I am not even joking. It has happened quite a few times .

Why would Barca park the bus losing to Girona at home? Or tied. Barca vs anyone is about wins at home, especially the clearly inferior teams.

But it's a completely different philosophy. Juve is not, never was, and never will be, about some sort of jogo bonito.
They don't care. They're about notching off wins in the league, with as little effort as possible.
If they're 3-0 up, they'll relax and see the game out. If Barca or Real are 3-0 up, they'll go all out to score another 3 goals.

Teams like Real and Barca will try and attack with a man down, even against each other.
Two years ago Madrid was down 2-1 at home, Ramos got sent off, and Real pushed, James equalized.
And then Madrid did a high press a man down in the 93rd minute, Sergio Roberto broke the press and Messi scored on the other end. :D

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah, Rulli is mignolet 2.0... sucks for the NT. He'll probably end up being the #1 keeper for the NT despite his flaws.

Come on Werner last hope for 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad