Confirmed with Link: LA Kings @LAKings Welcome to Los Angeles, Phillip Danault!

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I've rarely seen anyone even pencil him into a lineup, honestly.

I'm pretty sure we're all on the same page, low expectations, could be decent lottery ticket, low risk, medium-high reward.

I definitely would. Throw him in the top 6 next to Danault and see what he can do. .8 PPG the last 2 seasons in the KHL is pretty damn good. Was also over a PPG player in the QMJHL a few years ago.

Athanasiou - Danault - Tkachev would be my second line. Pair Danault, a 5 on 5 beast, with our best 5 on 5 scorer last season.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
I definitely would. Throw him in the top 6 next to Danault and see what he can do. .8 PPG the last 2 seasons in the KHL is pretty damn good. Was also over a PPG player in the QMJHL a few years ago.

Athanasiou - Danault - Tkachev would be my second line. Pair Danault, a 5 on 5 beast, with our best 5 on 5 scorer last season.
KHL success is great, but it’s a rare translation to NHL equivalent success. Remember the last PPG guy we lured out of Russia?

Tkachev is a low dollar lottery ticket, and I’m fine with that, but he absolutely needs to earn a spot before being penciled in, especially next to our best defensive-oriented center. IMO.

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
People are really going to need to throttle back expectations for this guy.

Just because he has an exotic Russian name, it doesn’t mean he is going to be anything more than he actually is:

A b-level option to fill a spot in the middle six.

I dont think anybody has any "expectations" heck 99% on this board have never heard of this guy. He did sign and wants to compete in training camp. Good enough for most.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
I dont think anybody has any "expectations" heck 99% on this board have never heard of this guy. He did sign and wants to compete in training camp. Good enough for most.
Agreed.

Good enough for most, not good enough for a penciled in NHL roster spot.

DapperDan

Bad Thoughts
May 26, 2008
place
His opposition will be Wagner, Lizotte, Lemieux, Luff and Dolan.
If he can't make the team, NHL is not for him

No, his opposition is Iafallo, Arvidsson, Kempe, Brown, AA, Vilardi.... He's not a bottom 6 forward. If he can't bump down one of those guys, he's going back to the KHL.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
We needed new voices in the room, new leaders. Danault, Arvidsson bring it on the ice and are class acts. In Danault's case he seems like a glue guy that keeps the locker room loose. Claude Julien loved him. Maybe overplayed him at times especially in OT 3-3 but both are coaches type of players. Both were first line players.

Biggest positive I see. It eases prospects in the lineup and most will either play with Kopitar or Danault so they can learn the 2 way game without hopefully sacrificing their offensive talent.
He clearly has a sense of humor and likes to have fun. I know it sounds like something that shouldn't matter, but everyone on the kings has looked dower and miserable the last few years, so I like the idea of injecting PD's personality into the mix.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Anyone else find it interesting that Saad cost a lot less than Danault?

Saad is on a good deal, maybe a year too long, as a W with a decent two-way game...Danault was the 'big fish' of FA and an all-situations center leaning D. I'm not sure I'd call it a LOT less, but I do think he was maybe comparatively overlooked.

Reactions: Rorschach

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
I’m not debating the value, I just find it interesting Blake went with the more expensive asset.

i think he is the best option of the two for us, if he plays the way he has for the next few years it insulated the kids and only has a four year no movement we can move him if necessary, we should be into our window by then or starting a rebuil again lol

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I guess the bonus for us is we're sure to get MTL visitors this year as apparently Danault kicked many of their puppies on the way out the door, christ

I know we were upset when Williams Mitchell et al left but I'm 99% sure we didn't talk about what terribly deficient players they were...

Reactions: Schrute farms

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
We heard from the Wings fans that said AA can't play defense, now we are going through the same thing with Habs fans saying Danault can't play offense. To be fair, it's a few clowns on the main boards, everything I read outside these boards thinks this is a major loss for them Habs. I do like to see how players fair on our roster before judging. AA was not bad at all, considering the feedback we got that he will cost us games every night...lol

We also need to realize is that these are not the final pieces, trades and signings will happen in the next year or 2 that will shape the team into contention. Next year we'll have more prospects ready for NHL action and ~30 million to play with. The big 3 positions for centers are already taken care of and a surplus of prospects for 4th line C in JAD\Helenius\Thomas etc... We could now focus on Wingers, D men, adding Grit, Goalie etc...

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018

Just because he has an exotic Russian name, it doesn’t mean he is going to be anything more than he actually is:

Lol easy did Tkachev take your woman or something?

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
Tell me you’re not capable of having a rational discussion, without telling me you’re not capable of having a rational discussion.
It’s a reasonable question. You’d be much more likely to speak ill of Tkachev on a message board if he had in fact, taken your woman.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
It’s a reasonable question. You’d be much more likely to speak ill of Tkachev on a message board if he had in fact, taken your woman.
Suppose I can’t argue that type of logic.

The real beef is certainly for the main board.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

6rL0.gif

and I am sorry that he took your woman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad