Confirmed with Link: LA Kings @LAKings Welcome to Los Angeles, Phillip Danault!

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Totally fair. I was more speaking to the fact that there’s a general disdain for them at times here even when the team we all cheer for clearly sees their value. Yanetti receives almost universal praise here and he mentions how useful they are in scouting in the interviews he does.

In terms of examples with the big club, I think targeting players like Arvidsson and Danault show an analytic basis. Arvidsson’s had bad shooting percentage luck and should positively regress, whereas Danault’s offensive play-driving impact is clearly valued here and with the org even when he’s not always putting up box stats.

I know this discussion is crossing like three separate threads right now so putting it here:

I think the thing with Dom in particular is he's the biggest EK cheerleader ever, and it's terrifyingly easy to pinpoint the exact moment he went from "wow maybe Drew Doughty is better than we thought based on what the analytics say" to riling up his colleagues about how badly ek was snubbed and how bad drew is without bothering for accounting for anything but 'the model'.

I'm with you that they're largely panned here, but I've given up on Dom ever recovering to good faith discussion on anything Kings-related for years now, he's the prime example of misusing stats to create whatever narrative he pleases. See the Quick example if the Drew one isn't good enough. Hell, he's come as close to anyone I've seen as disrespecting Kopitar, too, saying something to the effect of sure glad they're paying him like matthews to just be sean couturier with a bigger name.

In short, there's no analytic for being a f***ing tool.

But as you point out, one other apparently positive aspect of Blake is he's at least receptive to the information with the integration of Vollman, who is HUGELY respected.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
THANK YOU. Finally somebody explains it in simple terms even a layman can understand.

How do the specialty teams stand on immigration and gun control?

After seeing the Kings power play 2 migrant caravans were so mortified they turned around and went back to Guatemala. True story!

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels

tumblr_pv6559Bxum1y6506lo1_500.gif

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
My opinion on this may not matter... and it's just off ice stuff... but I based on the conversation I just had with Danault I think he is going to be a fan favorite and quickly.

Said ALL the right things and said them unprovoked. Full interview coming on Monday but I get a really good vibe off this dude.

Looking forward to it Jesse!

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Montreal has been a stylistic outlier in the NHL for at least a decade now. I don't think it's worth preconceiving any statistical notions on expectations until you see him in action here.

What we do know is that this dude is very much a hockey player's hockey player, and that we can expect a healthy amount of quality decisions being made when he is on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad