Friedman: LA Kings is looking at Vancouver for some scoring addition

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Now thats complete bull.

Are we bothering you with any interest for Doughty ? If you rightfully say, what a nonsense. I counter with, why so, they need a right handed defenseman. Join the discussion or leave !

La might be interested in Boeser, possibly Garland and MOST LIKELY nobody at all. Certainly not Miller who doesn’t fit the timeline.

"Nobody" is the most likely ? how?

Its already been reported that LA has shown interest and they have called Vancouver.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
"Nobody" is the most likely ? how?

Its already been reported that LA has shown interest and they have called Vancouver.

Well those aren't actually the facts though. Blake's on record saying LA might look for external help, but Friedman didn't actually say he's been on the phone with Vancouver. I'm sure he's been on the phone with a lot of teams.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Well those aren't actually the facts though. Blake's on record saying LA might look for external help, but Friedman didn't actually say he's been on the phone with Vancouver. I'm sure he's been on the phone with a lot of teams.
I would say it is as accurate as 99% of the trade threads on HF.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
i dont think la will be trading roy until Clarke makes his way on the team and shows he can handle nhl minutes rhd who are available right now is walker strand spence

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
I was just making a point that it makes no sense… if kings want miller/Boeser/garland something worthwhile will need to be offered. I am good with Roy as an add-on but definitely no a main piece.

Can you just imagine that Kings do not want Miller/Boeser/Garland?
I know it is very difficult for Vancouver fans.
They are madly in love with Kings prospects and cannot help themselves.

Reactions: deaderhead28

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Can you just imagine that Kings do not want Miller/Boeser/Garland?
I know it is very difficult for Vancouver fans.
They are madly in love with Kings prospects and cannot help themselves.
That’s fair if you want to keep your group as-is… we didn’t just make up this rumour that kings have kicked the tires on miller/Boeser/garland… so we were asking what the offer would be. But sounds more like the fans here want to stand pat and hope for the best with prospect/ development.

Let’s see how things play out between now and deadline. Maybe Blake has other plans (you might not completely agree with)…

Reactions: YP44 and kinghock

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
That’s fair if you want to keep your group as-is… we didn’t just make up this rumour that kings have kicked the tires on miller/Boeser/garland… so we were asking what the offer would be. But sounds more like the fans here want to stand pat and hope for the best with prospect/ development.

Let’s see how things play out between now and deadline. Maybe Blake has other plans (you might not completely agree with)…
Deals will be made no doubt but the best piece likely leaving LA would be a 1st rd pick.. it’ll likely be joined by a prospect ranked somewhere in the 8-15 range..
With that said, keep in mind that our 8-15 range prospects would likely be top 5 in all but a handful of prospect pools

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

It's tough because on one hand, a lot of the proposed trades are absolutely fair value returns, imo...especially the stuff built around Garland or Boeser for Faber/1st/etc.

In my fantasy world TM actually has the awareness that he's f***ing up Byfield's life iwth Brown and AA and we trade for Boeser and puttogether a third line of Boeser-Byfield-Vilardi/Turcotte

But in reality Blake just overpays for Garland sends byfield down and continues to roll some bullshit line that gets caved in.

..and then on the other hand I also really want the Kings to see what holes they have first before patching them. Boeser is a 'now AND later' move for sure, but we have wingers coming through the system, and we need to see which D are going to pan out before we start shipping guys. I'd be furious to lose ESPECIALLY Faber or Spence at this point. I'm high on Grans too but at least he's still untapped, Faber and Spence look like they're going to be absolute monster parts of the future. Especially since Kopitar is starting to fade. Moves need to be made with the future in mind, not this year and next year.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
I mean it’s not the worst situation to be in… having to sift through prospects. But on the other hand surely they won’t all pan out and enter the main roster at the peak time of competing. So removing 1-2 of your prospects for a more “sure thing/ here and now” player like Boeser isn’t a terrible situation either.

Also we are not talking about some aging rental… you can still have a Boeser for years to come.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Am I way off base by suggesting that Boeser and Toffoli are similar players? Boeser is younger and an RFA, just thinking about style of play.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
The Kings got a lot of ammo to make some deals.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I would rather see what LA has in their pipeline before spending assets to block that pipeline. Garland, Boeser or Miller are not going to make the kings contenders this year, and next year there will be another crop of players available for trade (or maybe even one of these three this summer).

FWIW order of those three I would want is Garland, Miller, Boeser.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Alright, let's close this thread.

Kings are not in a place to invest major assets for minimal improvement.
We fight for our lives to barely make the playoff, not contending for the cup

lmao … this guy doesn’t wanna negotiate, you heard him! Close it up, guys. Crazy idea, but just click off.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
lmao … this guy doesn’t wanna negotiate, you heard him! Close it up, guys. Crazy idea, but just click off.

What's so funny

The Kings peeps already voiced their opinion that they don't want the Canucks forwards, while the Canucks guys insist that we have to take them.

I don't see any negotiations happening here, its just a pissing match

This is going nowhere and saves everyone time and sanity if we acknowledge this fact

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
This is a discussion forum and the title of the thread is "LA is looking at Vancouver for some scoring additions" - As stated by Elliott Friedman. Not sure what else you really want. Is that 100% confirmation - No. Is your opinion on what the Kings should do and who's available and who isn't 100% fact - No. So join the discussion or leave the thread - seems pretty easy actually.
Maybe you should leave if you don't like his opinion on a hockey message board addressing his hockey team.

Last edited:
Reactions: kinghock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad