Claimed off Waivers: LA Kings claim Nikita Scherbak

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I am happy we picked him up. I saw a few games he played in the and when u first come up I think if willie will gave him a shot he would work with carter and toffoli as line mates With pearson gone and Kova hurt he would work out well

As i said in 26 games with Montreal he had 3 injuries at the NHL level..

1 knee surgery...1 bad concussion...and another knee injury to start this season.....Can he stay healthy for you guys for 20 games? I have a bad feeling....

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
as i said in 26 games with Montreal he had 3 injuies..

1 knee surgery...1 bad concussion...and another knee injury to start this season.....Can he stay healthy for you guys for 20 games? I have a bad feeling....
the kings have a history of taking often injured players and making them whole. See willie mitchell Williams , Handsaus etc. The cali sunshine and doctors have saved many a career

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
the kings have a history of taking often injured players and making them whole. See willie mitchell Williams , Handsaus etc. The cali sunshine and doctors have saved many a career

you will see when he is out there, how he skates and plays opens himself up to getting injured...

I wish him better luck in the LA sun

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
He's a better playmaker than scorer, disagree with work ethic , this is 100% made up based on his country of origin. Player doesn't have the classic Canadian hustle face and that somehow means no effort, some stereotypes never die...
He’s just a floater and lacks strength, has nothing to do with being Russian.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
You implied that he has a fake girlfriend and I want to know more about that story (because I am trash) lol
Ohh he just has that classic fake instagram girlfriend who looks like a pure puck bunny. I follow him on instagram and he looks like a little puppy to her. It’s only pure speculation on my part but she just look like the type of girl who wants to date a famous person, since it didnt work in montreal, if he doesnt pan out in LA and he goes to europe or AHL career somewhere she looks like the type of girl who will bolt.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Ohh he just has that classic fake instagram girlfriend who looks like a pure puck bunny. I follow him on instagram and he looks like a little puppy to her. It’s only pure speculation on my part but she just look like the type of girl who wants to date a famous person, since it didnt work in montreal, if he doesnt pan out in LA and he goes to europe or AHL career somewhere she looks like the type of girl who will bolt.

That's really none of our concern, stick to hockey-talk.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Great pickup LA!

He definitely need a change of scenery. I hope this gets his career going.

Good luck Scherbak

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
When the first possible team claims someone it kind of shows he shouldn't have been on the waivers. Another great move by Bergevin.
I get what you are saying, but shouldn't it be the first possible team that claims a guy? I mean, usually that is the team with the worst roster and the most need for a new player.

Reactions: BabyPanda

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
isnt this the guy hab fans kept adding into every proposal[/QUOTE

Yes, since the fact he had no place on the team, and could not be sent down was why he eventually wound up on waivers and was offered by Hab fans in trades. The fact he got picked up on waivers unlike hundreds of others that cleared, means he probably had some value as an addon in trade proposals. So what exactly is the point you failed at making?

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
Send Agostino or Chaput back down. It would be one thing if Scherby was actually given a chance. He was benched the entire start of the season to the point that when an injury happened he was too rusty to play and they sent him on a conditioning stint and called up a career AHLer.

Agostino has been 5 times better than Hudon and Scherbak combined nice try.

Reactions: Vachon23

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
You still dont lose a young, talented player for nothing because of a player that hasn't had 30 points in a season. That's still poor asset management by Bergevin

That's why we kept the young, talented player in Armia instead of the guy that never paced for over 30 pts in a season and was drafted 4 years before.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'm puzzled that Blake put in a claim for him and not Zykov, who seems like the better player and was drafted by LA. I reasoned at the time that, maybe, Zykov was passed on because he's Russian and Desjardins hasn't been good for Kovalchuk, but Scherbak is Russian, as well. If even Kovalchuk struggles to get ice time with Desjardins, I can't see Scherbak getting what he needs to develop and agree with the guy who suggested that he might end up on waivers again in a month or two. We'll see, though.

Edit: Ah, I just read that Kovalchuk is out for a month. That may explain the claim for Scherbak and not Zykov, since Kovalchuk was healthy when Zykov was on waivers.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad