Claimed off Waivers: LA Kings claim Nikita Scherbak

Zal

Jan 12, 2009
Great shot, amazing hands and great talent. Slowed down by multiple knee injuries and lack of effort along the board and poor defensive coverage. Could be your best player for a couple shift and completely dissapear for the rest of the game.
Sounds like he’ll fit right in. We have plenty of those.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

Schooner

Sep 19, 2017
There wasn't any spot in Montreal for Scherby though. We already have alot of fringe second liners and Scherbak in Montreal was done the moment Armia came in.

You still dont lose a young, talented player for nothing because of a player that hasn't had 30 points in a season. That's still poor asset management by Bergevin

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
You still dont lose a young, talented player for nothing because of a player that hasn't had 30 points in a season. That's still poor asset management by Bergevin

It is what it is. I don’t think he’ll stay long in LA. He’s got all the tool but can’t put it together. A lot of people said the same thing about Yakupov and here we are (he’s no where now).

I always liked Scherbak but his multiple knee injuries put a real tool on his development. Too bad it turned out that way but I don’t think it’s anyone fault if Scherbak can’t stay healthy or progress because of it

Reactions: Schooner

Ebony Mackenzie

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006

Just curious, but what’s good asset management for a non waiver exempt player that can’t force themselves on to the team? You bench the guys that have shown more than said player to help the player out or something? Put the team concept 2nd or something? Just spitballing here, what do you think?

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
not good asset management again, now Scherbak. I don't think you lose this kid (1st rounder 2014) to keep guys like deslauriers, agostino etc around. I get it. he's not a 4th liner and not in his 'chair'. But he has the tool set to be a 20-25 goal scorer in the NHL. De la rose and now Scherbak - not good optics for bargain bin

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
There wasn't any spot in Montreal for Scherby though. We already have alot of fringe second liners and Scherbak in Montreal was done the moment Armia came in.

Just curious, but what’s good asset management for a non waiver exempt player that can’t force themselves on to the team? You bench the guys that have shown more than said player to help the player out or something? Put the team concept 2nd or something? Just spitballing here, what do you think?

Send Agostino or Chaput back down. It would be one thing if Scherby was actually given a chance. He was benched the entire start of the season to the point that when an injury happened he was too rusty to play and they sent him on a conditioning stint and called up a career AHLer.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
What is the love for this guy? He's never scored more than 28 goals at ANY level of competitive NA hockey. What makes anyone think he'll start now? I suspect he'll be back on waivers by the end of January.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->