OT: LA Angels of Anaheim Baseball Discussion (continued again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I would hardly qualify it as "stepping down" considering his contract ended.

So yeah, you could say they mutually decided to part ways, although he didn't really have any say in the matter.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
If they didn't have a Sabermetric GM, Scioscia would possibly have been re-signed as manager of the Angels.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Peter Bourjos has started his 2nd tour with the Angels the way he ended it the first time by sucking at the plate.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
That's what happens when your have a contract like Pujols on the books, not to mention Trout (deserved) and Upton. Have to cut corners in other places (depth).
By spending 12 million on Cozart? Sorry that’s a terrible move. And I like Eppler

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
By spending 12 million on Cozart? Sorry that’s a terrible move. And I like Eppler
Our UFA signings have never made any sense. And for some reason, they’re always to guys over the age of 30. And never a pitcher. I blame ownership for that, we have the capability and the GM to be much smarter with where we put our money.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Good win and performance from Harvey before that HR. Gotta start scoring off starting pitching though.

I’m just happy they scored at all. Baby steps.

Also, since you’re critical of the free agent signings Eppler makes, I’m trying not to make snap judgments off of one game, but Cody Allen’s stuff looks very unimpressive. One of Buttrey or Robles will be closing by midseason

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I’m just happy they scored at all. Baby steps.

Also, since you’re critical of the free agent signings Eppler makes, I’m trying not to make snap judgments off of one game, but Cody Allen’s stuff looks very unimpressive. One of Buttrey or Robles will be closing by midseason
His curve to complete his lone strikeout was impressive, but yes, his fastball was pretty useless in this game.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
upload_2019-3-30_15-16-14.jpeg

Pujols back to hitting cleanup :facepalm:

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Yet another game of no runs scored against starting pitching. We've scored in 3/27 innings this season. I know Upton and Ohtani are injured, but the offense needs to step it up considering how volatile our rotation is. Pena should not be a starter, hopefully he won't be after Heaney gets back/Barria takes his spot.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Another pathetic performance by our offense today, but at least we finally scored a run against starting pitching. Still, only 1 run and 3 hits. Disappointing that Skaggs had to get pulled so early, we really need our starters to go longer. We've scored in 4 out of a possible 36 innings this season. Our offense is seriously going to have step it up vs the Mariners. No excuses. Only positive of this series is that the bullpen was lights out.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Another pathetic performance by our offense today, but at least we finally scored a run against starting pitching. Still, only 1 run and 3 hits. Disappointing that Skaggs had to get pulled so early, we really need our starters to go longer. We've scored in 4 out of a possible 36 innings this season. Our offense is seriously going to have step it up vs the Mariners. No excuses. Only positive of this series is that the bullpen was lights out.

The game is moving more towards being bullpen dominant. It's encouraging that the Angels' pen has ben superb so far, but the bigger concern is an overall lack of offense. However like I mentioned, the game as a whole has moved to a more of a 5/6 inning SP game and then dominant bullpen. If the Angels can solidify a bullpen the switch in game play can be positive, but they don't have the homerun power to play that game. It will be an interesting season, and I'm still baffled that Trout decided to stay here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino