OT: LA Angels of Anaheim Baseball Discussion (continued again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Nice. Eppler critics won't like that at all.

I love having prospects rise. It helps the Angels. I watched Adell get drafted live (b/c it was new seeing the MLB actually do a show on drafts). But you're talking about one prospect and omitting three consecutive years of playing under .500 ball. It's kinda like bizzaro world here. Eppler gets praise for finishing under .500 for three consecutive years, but Ducks' GM Bob gets berated daily despite having won five consecutive Pacific Division titles and had six consecutive playoff appearances.

An organization can have successful prospects AND a successful pro team.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I love having prospects rise. It helps the Angels. I watched Adell get drafted live (b/c it was new seeing the MLB actually do a show on drafts). But you're talking about one prospect and omitting three consecutive years of playing under .500 ball. It's kinda like bizzaro world here. Eppler gets praise for finishing under .500 for three consecutive years, but Ducks' GM Bob gets berated daily despite having won five consecutive Pacific Division titles and had six consecutive playoff appearances.

An organization can have successful prospects AND a successful pro team.
It is absolutely mindblowing to me. The Angels have had the best player in the league since 2012, and have won no playoff games, yet people make excuse after excuse for their front office and ownership. Meanwhile the Ducks miss the playoffs for the first time in 6 years, and everyone is absolutely livid with Murray and to a lesser extent the Samuelis. The double standard is hilarious.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I know the bullpen is pitching above their heads right now, but a unit of Allen, Buttrey, Anderson, and eventually Middleton has some serious potential. Thankfully they are keeping us afloat until our hitters get healthy.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie
Oct 18, 2011
Goodwin has been a nice pickup if he keeps playing well Kole better get nervous

Buttrey has 4 holds already

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Trout has almost a .600 OBP. Also According to WAR, he’s the best player of all time to this age. And is one pace to be the best player of all time throughout his 20s. Remarkable player

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Harvey sucks. I knew giving him 11 million vs Shoe 4.5 was a huge mistake

Watching him pitch the arm talent is still there, just hopefully he can learn to actually locate and pitch. Not disagreeing with you though, but I think he was a flyer worth taking so long he isn't cancerous to the clubhouse.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Watching him pitch the arm talent is still there, just hopefully he can learn to actually locate and pitch. Not disagreeing with you though, but I think he was a flyer worth taking so long he isn't cancerous to the clubhouse.
It’s the amount we gave Harvey and Cahill that bothers me. Similar caliber pitchers went for way cheaper this offseason. If we would’ve given them reasonable amounts maybe we could have an infielder that doesn’t suck

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Bats are alive and the Bullpen holds. Who would have thunk that a bullpen needs a hold after the offense puts up 6 runs in the first inning to win, after it was tied after the fifth inning at 8-8?! #staying_alive

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
If it doesn't effect other moves it doesn't matter. If Eppler presents a difference making move to Arte do you think he'll reject it??
It does effect other moves. If we hadn't overpaid for those 2, we would have room to sign another infielder instead of having the worst infield in the league.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
It does effect other moves. If we hadn't overpaid for those 2, we would have room to sign another infielder instead of having the worst infield in the league.
An infield with Simmons in it isn't the worst in the league. Seattle, Baltimore, Kansas City, Toronto all worse.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Bourjos & Cozart are beyond trash with .139 OPS & .161 OPS is beyond awful. All of Pujols, Bour & Calhoun have OPS range of .569 to .630

Fletcher, Goodwin & Ward are batting .300 +
When Upton & Ohtani are back the lineup will have a makeover.

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
Update on the potential new/renovated ballpark.
The Big A | Anaheim, CA - Official Website

From what I gather from previous conversations with my source, the Angels want a new ballpark that seats 33,000 where the Grove currently sits. This new Mayor is Pro Angels so they are working on getting things done like they did with the Ducks agreement last year. Long Beach is a fallback in case things don't work out with Anaheim just as Disney used Long Beach as a fallback in the 90's for their new theme park. If all goes well, a new Ballpark will be built prior to the 2028 Olympics in Los Angeles. Honda Center and The New Ballpark will be connected via a entertainment, apartments, hotel, business district . Think LA Live on a larger scale. City folks are currently observing how things are going for the Texas Ranger's new ballpark and entertainment district.

Reactions: mightyquack

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Update on the potential new/renovated ballpark.
The Big A | Anaheim, CA - Official Website

From what I gather from previous conversations with my source, the Angels want a new ballpark that seats 33,000 where the Grove currently sits. This new Mayor is Pro Angels so they are working on getting things done like they did with the Ducks agreement last year. Long Beach is a fallback in case things don't work out with Anaheim just as Disney used Long Beach as a fallback in the 90's for their new theme park. If all goes well, a new Ballpark will be built prior to the 2028 Olympics in Los Angeles. Honda Center and The New Ballpark will be connected via a entertainment, apartments, hotel, business district . Think LA Live on a larger scale. City folks are currently observing how things are going for the Texas Ranger's new ballpark and entertainment district.
Stupid to make it that small

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->