Rumor: Kypreos: Lots of interest in Dougie Hamilton; not being shopped

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
lol its also a habs thread. Flames GM scouted the Habs game. So giving my thoughts out but Flames fans too busy blasting all proposals while saying their players are miles ahead better than any player offered.... Ridiculous.

If you hate Calgary fans posts so much, stop posting in threads regarding them.

Looking through your post history, you're full of aggressive hot takes in other teams threads so wouldn't be a loss. You honestly thought Jordan Staal is a third line centre, don't think you have room to speak about players

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
If you hate Calgary fans posts so much, stop posting in threads regarding them.

Looking through your post history, you're full of aggressive hot takes in other teams threads so wouldn't be a loss. You honestly thought Jordan Staal is a third line centre, don't think you have room to speak about players

he is just like everyone will agree Plekanec is a third liner:laugh:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Hamilton; had a bad start last year, has looked great since
Maatta; a genuinely slow skater (not brooks orpik level, but might as well be when compared to Hamilton)
Hamilton; had 43 points last year for us, oh and he's right handed (a need)
Elliott; has played less than 15 games for the team that just got him
Fleury; has huge playoff inconsistencies, has played bad this year, costs more

????

A. Why are you comparing Maatta to Orpik? Orpik was a good skater for his entire career. I don't know if he's slow now, but Orpik was never a poor skater. Maatta isn't a "genuinely slow skater", he probably has average to slightly below average speed for a NHLer.

Also, what stats are you looking at for comparing Elliott and Fleury? Fleury has a .910 save% this year, Elliott has a .882. There's a huge difference there, that's like saying Fleury has been just as good as Rask. Also, saying Fleury has playoff inconsistencies is living in the past, this isn't 2013 anymore.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
A. Why are you comparing Maatta to Orpik? Orpik was a good skater for his entire career. I don't know if he's slow now, but Orpik was never a poor skater. Maatta isn't a "genuinely slow skater", he probably has average to slightly below average speed for a NHLer.

Also, what stats are you looking at for comparing Elliott and Fleury? Fleury has a .910 save% this year, Elliott has a .882. There's a huge difference there, that's like saying Fleury has been just as good as Rask. Also, saying Fleury has playoff inconsistencies is living in the past, this isn't 2013 anymore.

Orpik is like he has bricks tied to his skates now. And yes, Maatta is a below average skater. Either way, we need good skaters, we are a slow team, we can't keep that trend.

I must have just been thinking of the first few games. He has like a 3+ gaa. Regardless, not an impressive save percent with the team in front of him.

Not living in 2013. Living in 2016, where fleury still hasn't been proven in the playoffs since he won his cup, but instead a rookie goalie won one for him. Don't forget his opportunity to come back in, he wasted.

Either way, it's not any more appealing than the first 3 times people said it in the thread

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Well Athanasiou is injured for 2 weeks and Hamilton isn't the tier of player that would get Larkin on the table. He's probably just scouting for the upcoming game they have against Detroit.

Brad Treliving isn't a coach and doesn't need to fly all the way over to Detroit just to see a team's strengths and weaknesses. But if he's looking at a player up close for a potential trade then that seems a little bit more plausible. Especially if that said team has been looking for a young top 4 defenseman (ala Trouba, Fowler, Lindholm and etc.)

I'm not sure the Red Wings have the pieces to get the job done though as they didn't have what the Jets or Ducks were looking for.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I would entertain Hamilton+Brouwer for Petry+Gallagher

Sure you would. That is so Calgary sided, oh my... Petry is better than Hamilton and we add Gallagher on top of that? Lol no way.
I mean even if you say Hamilton is worth more than Petry. Gallagher is worth alot more than Hamilton. Makes no sense for MTL.

The Alien

From another world.
Apr 1, 2015
BC
Sneaky trying to hide Bennett in there. Absolutely not. Unless it's a substantial overpayment the Flames hold on to Hamilton. He's been our best D man this year. If the Flames are looking to shake things up I'd much rather deal Gio.

That makes way more sense. Should fetch a pretty penny, too.

Remember2004

Oct 20, 2010
Lets just go for it.

Hamilton+Backlund(only bright spot this year I know) + Klimchuk+2nd 2017

for

Malkin

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Which idea is more entertaining?

Hamilton + Brouwer (500K retained)+ Elliott + Klimchuk (He's having a great season) + 1st rounder/2nd rounder (1st rounder is top 10 protected, and Bishop has to resign).

for Palat + Stralman + Bishop

Hamilton + Backlund + Elliott + Jankowski

for Johnson + Stralman + Bishop.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Gross. Maatta is way too slow and Fleury has stats as bad as Elliott

Maatta is still being counted on more - and with more succes - than DH this season, while playing his worst ever hockey for us.
And no, Fleury's stats are not as bad as Elliott's, despite some rocky outings taking lots of shots.

But it is true that DH's superior mobility would be the motivating factor for the Pens. Maatta just doesn't fit Sullivan's tactics very well - which likely impacts his perfomance (pretty good in the cup finals though). In terms of defensive IQ/play and penalty killing,Maatta is superior to DH. Suppose it is also about what Calgary's relative needs are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad