Rumor: Kypreos: Lots of interest in Dougie Hamilton; not being shopped

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
The Red Wings are looking for defence. I wonder if Treliving was looking at either Larkin, Nyqvist or Athanasiou. Not a very good performance for the Wings today though. Maybe Brad will have to look elsewhere.

JayE

Sep 24, 2016
Why would we trade Hamilton, 23 years old, one year after getting him when he's one of our best and will only grow? These always quite clearly say 'not being shopped', but like in the beginning of the season, everyone will mistake other team's interests for 'oh Calgary wants to trade him!!'

He's still a valuable trade asset, but doesn't fill a need with Calgary. A good offensive defenceman who is poor in his own end is about the last thing that Flames need.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
The Red Wings are looking for defence. I wonder if Treliving was looking at either Larkin, Nyqvist or Athanasiou. Not a very good performance for the Wings today though. Maybe Brad will have to look elsewhere.

Well Athanasiou is injured for 2 weeks and Hamilton isn't the tier of player that would get Larkin on the table. He's probably just scouting for the upcoming game they have against Detroit.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
He's still a valuable trade asset, but doesn't fill a need with Calgary. A good offensive defenceman who is poor in his own end is about the last thing that Flames need.

A good defenseman fills our needs. He isn't poor in his own end. He has been our best dman to start the season despite coach usage, which we have a coach who has no idea what he's doing.

Soft, poor defensively, etc, all might have been true in Boston but Dougie is a very good defenseman for us and whatever his value, he would be much important to us. Why trade him for, say, as legend wants Pacioretty? Then we have two good defensemen and a bunch of bottom pairing, instead of three good defensemen.

When we made the playoffs on the back of our offense everyone said that was a horrible way, and now that we have a good, young defenseman, we should trade him for offends because he's not being played correctly??

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh
Gross. Maatta is way too slow and Fleury has stats as bad as Elliott

He's slow in our system. He'd look normal on pretty much any other team. Hamilton hasn't looked good on CGY thus far no? The disparity between them is balanced by the goalie swap anyway (based on contract and MAF's career as a Cup winning number 1 goalie)

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
He's slow in our system. He'd look normal on pretty much any other team. Hamilton hasn't looked good on CGY thus far no? The disparity between them is balanced by the goalie swap anyway (based on contract and MAF's career as a Cup winning number 1 goalie)

Hamilton; had a bad start last year, has looked great since
Maatta; a genuinely slow skater (not brooks orpik level, but might as well be when compared to Hamilton)
Hamilton; had 43 points last year for us, oh and he's right handed (a need)
Elliott; has played less than 15 games for the team that just got him
Fleury; has huge playoff inconsistencies, has played bad this year, costs more

????

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I love how flames over value each one f their players. Its impossible to make a trade with them. I remember a bunch of flames fans arguing that Brodie is worth more than Subban

YourAverageFan*

Jan 19, 2016
I love how flames over value each one f their players. Its impossible to make a trade with them. I remember a bunch of flames fans arguing that Brodie is worth more than Subban

It's not that. It's just that you are incapable of being logical when it comes to hockey. You should choose a different sport :nod:

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
here's an idea stop posting in flames threads then

I never posted in the flames board lol. I only posted in threads involving the habs, caps and jackets. Tho mainly habs. But you cant read. Subban was a Habs-> Habs thread ->posting as a habs fan. Nice logic u got there son.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
It's not that. It's just that you are incapable of being logical when it comes to hockey. You should choose a different sport :nod:

If the flames had that many amazing pieces, how come it still looks like year 1 of the rebuild, may i ask

I Pity The Foo

Jan 11, 2012
Victoria BC
I never posted in the flames board lol. I only posted in threads involving the habs, caps and jackets. Tho mainly habs. But you cant read. Subban was a Habs-> Habs thread ->posting as a habs fan. Nice logic u got there son.
this thread has nothing to do with the Habs but I guess I need to reread the title

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
You're literally posting in a thread about a Flames player right now.

lol its also a habs thread. Flames GM scouted the Habs game. So giving my thoughts out but Flames fans too busy blasting all proposals while saying their players are miles ahead better than any player offered.... Ridiculous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad