Rumor: Kyper: Dermott and Holl available for a trade

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
Cheap RD, no matter the type, were rare, and expensive this offseason....

Then they would've been forced to go Brodie Dermott and Liljegren on the right. Rielly Muzzin and Sandin on the left. Just like it is right now. Plus they would have Foegle who would be a good fit on the third line and possibly even the 2nd.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Trash 9 of 10 games? Clearly you haven't watched the games, and have disqualified yourself from further comments. Watch the games, and have some patience.

I’ve watched all but the Pittsburgh game… luckily I missed that one.

I watch how they play and also take into account the opponent. You shouldn’t need Campbell to make multiple game-saving stops against an injury riddled Blackhawks team.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Means that Liljergren is here to stay. I hope it’s Dermott who goes instead of Holl.
Not me. Dermott is cheaper and more versatile, being able to play both right and left. He is stronger on the left but we have a capable RHD in Mennel if a big injury bug happens

Reactions: Ciao

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Then they would've been forced to go Brodie Dermott and Liljegren on the right. Rielly Muzzin and Sandin on the left. Just like it is right now. Plus they would have Foegle who would be a good fit on the third line and possibly even the 2nd.

No.. that isn't how it would have played out, and then people like you would have complained non-stop, that Dubas went with unproven rookies....

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I’ve watched all but the Pittsburgh game… luckily I missed that one.

I watch how they play and also take into account the opponent. You shouldn’t need Campbell to make multiple game-saving stops against an injury riddled Blackhawks team.

Which reveals you really weren't paying attention to a number of those games, where they played quite well.... or you didn't watch them.

Reactions: aingefan

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Which reveals you really weren't paying attention to a number of those games, where they played quite well.... or you didn't watch them.

There's a difference between doing some good things and playing well. There's a difference between making forward progress and playing well. Yes, the Detroit and Chicago games were better than the ones before, but they still weren't particularly good overall, and they were against horrible teams.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
In Project Management, we call a plan that changes every day a failure.
Project management has evolved to an "agile" process to cut down the number of cops on a payroll and to actually get shit done.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Nothing enhances trade value like banishment to the press box. When does the 4D chess match start?

Reactions: capfit9

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Project management has evolved to an "agile" process to cut down the number of cops on a payroll and to actually get shit done.

And when an "agile" project is poorly planned with daily changes during execution it still leads to failure.

Reactions: capfit9

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
No.. that isn't how it would have played out, and then people like you would have complained non-stop, that Dubas went with unproven rookies....

Apparently you have me confused with someone else. "People like me" don't complain. I was simply stating that Foegle was a player I wanted here in the off season. I haven't complained about shit around here in the entire time I've been on this forum but thank you for just lumping me in with others and assuming I'm one of the people that come on here and complain non stop about moves or lack of moves.

Reactions: Duckrider

Machinae

Jul 6, 2007
Mississauga, ON
Leafs keep making educated 50/50 decisions and they keep ending up being wrong :/, which in turn is dividing the fanbase and turning a lot of people against management. But there is a bigger picture to moves like keeping Holl over McCann. You can't just guess Liljegren was finally going to take the next step, and at the time you have no idea who is available to replace Holl and for how much. The Leafs with Holl reportedly tried to sign Hakanpaa and failed, so who else was there?

Imagine going into the season with Dermott as your 2nd right side D and he fails and Liljegren struggles as well. Now you have no options.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Leafs keep making educated 50/50 decisions and they keep ending up being wrong :/, which in turn is dividing the fanbase and turning a lot of people against management. But there is a bigger picture to moves like keeping Holl over McCann. You can't just guess Liljegren was finally going to take the next step, and at the time you have no idea who is available to replace Holl and for how much. The Leafs with Holl reportedly tried to sign Hakanpaa and failed, so who else was there?

Imagine going into the season with Dermott as your 2nd right side D and he fails and Liljegren struggles as well. Now you have no options.

Man, Hakanpaa would have been a nice pickup.

Reactions: jaric1862

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Seems to be a disconnect somewhere. Everything we see and hear says they are looking for a pick to clear space for Mikheyev. Weird.

Moving either blueliner definitely helps clear cap space. Doesn't do much to create a space in the lineup for Mikheyev though. Somewhat unfortunate perhaps that the forwards which are closer to being considered as depth count for less against the cap than either of the aforementioned blueliners.

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia

If that was directed at me, yeah, I would and don't have a problem with Dermott as a number 4. I think he's top 4 now because he had enough time and a perfect partner to help his development to take that step. There's always options. Holl struggled and Liljegren filled that spot. If Holl was gone and Liljegren struggled then they find a replacement. He would be the 6th D. There's at least 31 others plus some #7 that could be a #6. Sometimes ya just gotta take a risk. Especially when cap room is so valuable.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
Since when do we have an abundance of depth on D? Risky. And moving Dermott for a pick is silly. Not buying.
Unless they're collecting assets to trade for a worthy no.4. If both of these guys are available it means they probably have a target in mind.

Reactions: DarkKnight

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
If that was directed at me, yeah, I would and don't have a problem with Dermott as a number 4. I think he's top 4 now because he had enough time and a perfect partner to help his development to take that step. There's always options. Holl struggled and Liljegren filled that spot. If Holl was gone and Liljegren struggled then they find a replacement. He would be the 6th D. There's at least 31 others plus some #7 that could be a #6. Sometimes ya just gotta take a risk. Especially when cap room is so valuable.
Dermott did not look like a no.4 in the Jackets series when we needed him to move up. I don't see them banking on him in year 6. I am positive we will be seeing a new face on D this season. Liljegrens promotion makes both of these guys expendable.

Reactions: MJK and ottomaddox

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Dermott did not look like a no.4 in the Jackets series when we needed him to move up. I don't see them banking on him in year 6. I am positive we will be seeing a new face on D this season. Liljegrens promotion makes both of these guys expendable.

Thinking similar thoughts. Perhaps they want to replace the grit they lost when Bogo walked ??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad