Rumor: Kyper: Dermott and Holl available for a trade

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Call me crazy, but I prefer Kerfoot's 6pts in 7 playoff games over McCann's 7 points in 8 regular season games.

Could McCann be better this year? For sure, but Kerfoot just came off of a series where he raised his game significantly. McCann's most recent playoff series resulted in 1pt in 6 games. So I'm not going to say I prefer McCann because he had a good offensive start to the season.
all of a sudden said poster cares about regular season stats, when complaining about how regular season doesn't matter with this squad anymore... kinda funny.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
No, it doesn't clear things up.

Kerfoot off the team is a net benefit. And Dermott I wouldn't have cared about either.

I personally would rather have McCann's 7 points in 8 games than any of Kerfoot, Dermott, or Holl.

Like I said, it made absolutely no sense at the time and it still doesn't.

Doubt Holl gets you anything close to McCann today.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
The Weegar trade was the other way around I believe.....Fla said no.

Could be, but if that was the basis to talk I would have no issue with Dubas adding to flesh it out.

Remember, this was before Weegar breaking out. No way that gets done now, I know.

Just lamenting the opportunity lost….

Reactions: NHL WAR

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020

Didn't make sense to me. Shopping defensemen because a salary crunch is coming when the forward returns. Especially one who asked for a trade and whose contract expires at the end of the season. Seems foolish to me. A subtraction of anyone like Kase, Kampf, Engvall, Ritchie makes more sense as far as I'm concerned. Defense, especially right side defense, is way more precious than support forwards.

Reactions: glue

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
It's funny because you are actually criticizing Dubas for being the highest bidder for both McCann and Weegar. No GM offered more for them than Dubas did.

Sorry, I don’t understand what you are saying here.

Doesn’t any trade get done because the accepting GM likes one offer more than the other?

Based on team need, GMs are prepared to offer more if they are in deeper need, so yeah to get a trade done, if Dubas or any GM has greater need, he offers more to get it done.

Not exactly rocket science here…..

AndyWozniewski

Jan 18, 2017
We shouldn't trade both of them. One injury on D and we're screwed. Who do we have in the AHL that could fill in?

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
What would the ask be from Ottawa for Holl?

Besides the obvious guys (U25 roster forwards, C. Brown, Chabot, Zub, Goose, top prospects) I strongly suspect Paul & Holden would not be available.

Assets that would be available that might be appealing: picks outside of the 1st round (maybe but not necessarily excluding Ottawa's 2nd), Z. Sanford, A. Forsberg, Mete, J. Brown, C. Bishop, mid prospects

I could possibly see us retaining on a player, but either way I suspect a pick would need to be the best asset we send out. Only player in that group who is more than a throw-in is Sanford, who has been a good bottom 6er for us.

Thoughts?

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia

Besides the obvious guys (U25 roster forwards, C. Brown, Chabot, Zub, Goose, top prospects) I strongly suspect Paul & Holden would not be available.

Assets that would be available that might be appealing: picks outside of the 1st round (maybe but not necessarily excluding Ottawa's 2nd), Z. Sanford, A. Forsberg, Mete, J. Brown, C. Bishop, mid prospects

I could possibly see us retaining on a player, but either way I suspect a pick would need to be the best asset we send out. Only player in that group who is more than a throw-in is Sanford, who has been a good bottom 6er for us.

Thoughts?

I like Formenton, maybe something around him.

Reactions: Lil Tuzzi Bert

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Liljegren plays well in two games against Detroit and Vegas.

Dubas must have landed on the "YOU'RE RIGHT AGAIN" square.

images

Reactions: Lumberg

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada

Thoughts?
The Blues traded Sanford for a guy they waived, and who cleared, a week later. He has no value

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Liljegren plays well in two games against Detroit and Vegas.

Dubas must have landed on "YOU'RE RIGHT AGAIN" square.

images
Liljegren's been ready. What does this have to do with Dubas?

Weird how like so many posters can't contain themselves and must have Dubas living rent free in their head 24/7 because he's not failing.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Did Holl ever go south quick!? I was one to defend the choice of protecting him this summer. I liked the D-depth and didn't want to mess with it, plus the market was crazy at the time.... My goodness would I change how that went down this past summer.

Edit: I'm still one that hopes Holl can turn this around. I will always be a fan of his!

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Liljegren's been ready. What does this have to do with Dubas?

Weird how like so many posters can't contain themselves and must have Dubas living rent free in their head 24/7 because he's not failing.

Who'll be the 3rd right side defenseman?

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
The Blues traded Sanford for a guy they waived, and who cleared, a week later. He has no value

Nope. The Blues traded Sanford for what is looking like a high 4th (partially due to a cap crunch).

Sanford with retention would have value of at least a high 4th, if not a 3rd.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
rubins is pretty good. he's big and strong, can skate a bit and has SOME offensive potential.
i think they realize they are missing the bogo like dman this year and rubins can fit that mold more than dermott and holl who are often overwhelmed with a strong forecheck.
in reality i couldnt care less if we lose both(although i think they are shopping just one of them) and i think rubins isnt much of a downgrade currently and has the chance to be a type of dman we need more than the other 2.

Reactions: geo25 and Fogelhund

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Regardless he's not of interest for those two

Totally fair, I said as much that he'd at most be a completementary piece. Those other guys would be pure throw ins and not effect the draft pick, whereas Sanford with retention probably would - say, as the difference between returning OTT 3rd vs BOS 3rd. But that's the extent of it.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
He'd fall under U25 roster forward. Sens would likely value him around a mid-late 1st, or Brannstrom, or something along those lines.

I saw that, but you're excluding over half your roster and making mostly depth defensemen and picks available.

The Leafs are likely looking for more of a Bear for Foegle trade, rather than just trying to liquidate Holl/Dermott.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad