Rumor: Kyle Dubas travels to to NYC to take in the flames vs rangers game. Why?

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
7 pages in and this still hasnt been posted?

Likely trying to get a deal done while also scouting some players he is interested in, in a non-Nylander trade.

Reactions: CPTN71

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
7 pages in and this still hasnt been posted?

Likely trying to get a deal done while also scouting some players he is interested in, in a non-Nylander trade.

Or asking him how its going trying to negotiate a potential contract with other teams so a trade can be done!!haha... Nobody knows!!

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Chris Johnston wrote yesterday it's either going to be a bridge deal or he gets dealt.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Or asking him how its going trying to negotiate a potential contract with other teams so a trade can be done!!haha... Nobody knows!!
I doubt that. He was reported to have gone to Zurich last week to meet with Nylander just for a night and reassure him that he's part of long term plans and won't be traded. Makes no sense that after doing that he starts working on a trade the very same week. Unless everything fell apart while he was there, but that hasn't been reported.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I doubt that. He was reported to have gone to Zurich last week to meet with Nylander just for a night and reassure him that he's part of long term plans and won't be traded. Makes no sense that after doing that he starts working on a trade the very same week. Unless everything fell apart while he was there, but that hasn't been reported.

Ya who really knows.. Everything is all speculation anyways.. I keep thinking he will end up being dealt but you never know.. Hopefully something happens soon

Reactions: 1specter

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I don’t want to believe the Nylander rumors but it does seem like a big coincidence.

1. Nylander / Zuccarello rumor
2. Dubas to Europe to see Nylander
3. Dubas personally scouting the Rangers

There is definitely some smoke here.

I do agree that there's smoke there, this is the 2nd time in week that the Rangers and Leafs have been linked.

However, I don't see how Zuccarello and Nylander works unless the Rangers are adding something significant.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
The Rangers cannot afford to blow this rebuild. They should not be trading young players for other young players. They should be trading vets for young players. If they give up one of these young high picks for Nylander I view it as a lateral move that they would be better off not making.

Reactions: slg1963

jboknows

Feb 9, 2010
"We can and we will". Good luck to the very young NHL GM! Hope Shanahan can help you out!

Shanny already has. In his interview he basically stated that guys need to decide whether they want to try and win many cups together or they want to maximize their earnings. IF Nylander doesn't sign, they already have their narrative in place for Dubas to deflect attention (vilifying Nylander for not being a team guy and only caring about money).

MattyNew91

Jul 5, 2018
I don't think a Nylander trade to the NYR makes any sense. You saw what Drouin got and Ryan Johansen gets you. NYR don't have that piece. I don't know much about skjei but I know he's not on that level. Nylander has already shown that he can be a top line winger. He has the speed hands shot smarts at an elite level. If he's traded it will be for a top 2 dman despite the situation.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Really have no interest in any Ranger assets. Hopefully we were there scouting the Flames. ;)

Shows how little you know. The Rangers have a boat load more young players prospects than the Flames. Basically, the Flames are about 5-6 players. That's it.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Are you guys serious with these proposals? This is page after page of horrendous offers for a first line player. Would you trade a young 60+ point first liner for a third pairing D and a 40 point center?
Yes. Yes we would. Muahuhuahaha.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Reactions: Catch22 and Jayan

thethirdhockeyman91

Jun 22, 2018
I don't think a Nylander trade to the NYR makes any sense. You saw what Drouin got and Ryan Johansen gets you. NYR don't have that piece. I don't know much about skjei but I know he's not on that level. Nylander has already shown that he can be a top line winger. He has the speed hands shot smarts at an elite level. If he's traded it will be for a top 2 dman despite the situation.

Name a top 2 D-man on any team that is available for trade?

Danny1237

Jun 12, 2016
Usually so for some reason I give the impression from the analysis that I think Hayes and Mcquaid is alone worth a 60 PT winger primed to break out lol

Apparently I'm saving face because nobody read or chose not to mention the Plus hahahaha to a 7th c'mon your not even trying and to arbitarily think you know what plus I meant when I genuinely asked for feedback and nobody mentined it haha GTFOH lol

Usually means a sweetener ! Lol I guess your a mind reader now next time I'll take the time to explain that the plus much be equal to or greater than a 7th c'mon don't be so casual ......tell me what I meant ? Haha

It's like your trying to create friction because I dident expressly identfy the plus which should have been I just took for granted most aren't such casual fans it was self explanatory well at least not the impression that I meant a seventh lol . A seventh ? Jeremy Bracco + ........really

Hahaha

Wow.. you are touchy.

All I said was that when someone says "plus" they mean pieces that are far less valuable then the pieces in a trade they specifically mentioned. Maybe that isn't what you meant, but you can't fault other people for thinking that way since it is definitely what is most typical.

Also, if the reader of your original proposal sees virtually no value in McQuaid or Hayes, the plus isn't going to change their mind, so they probably aren't going to comment on it. If you didn't feel it was necessary to try and give an indication of what the + part of the trade was, then a response to your proposal is going to focus on the core of the offer.

You were trying to defend your proposal with the comment "what about the plus?" but if the poster who you were responding too already didn't see value in the core of the proposal, why would they mention the plus?

To be clear, I don't care what you mean't by plus, nor did I tell you what you meant. All I did was clarify why somebody else would not have paid any attention to that when responding.

If the "plus" was the intriguing part, maybe you should have mentioned what it was.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad