Votes: 161 29.7%
  • Concerned

Votes: 169 31.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Honestly....in what world are Calgary or Pittsburgh more enticing then staying on with the team you have been building for 5 plus years? Both of those teams are looking to be stuck in the hell that is average.

Money, more power within the organization. I think he's staying now, but you can bet there are going to be a number of teams that will offer the sun and moon for Dubas.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Calgary's future isn't nearly as bright as the Leafs.

There's not any available hockey positions (Bedard location pending) that are better then the Leafs at the moment.
Agreed. Just saying Calgary at least has something you can build around if Dubas were to leave. He would have Linholm, Huberdeau, Kadri, Markstrom and a few decent Dmen to start with. They also have some decent prospects in the system about to come up. If they got rid of Sutter, that team might have a very quick turn around and be a possible top team in the west.

Pitt is just an absolute dumpster fire of a situation and dont know why people keep saying he's going there.
I mean a Dubas-Sutter pairing while hilarious to think about in a comedic way would likely be a disaster and if they aren't going to allow him to pick his own coach then he is starting with his hands tied behind his back before he even starts.
Lol agreed.

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
I want him back for 3 more seasons. He's built something decent. He's learned from his mistakes and has made some slick moves and non-moves.

I'm not sure on Keefe here. Might take one more round before I'm completely sold.
Dubas did some excellent work in adding professionalismto the roster and picking up veterans for the team that could help them get out of their own way. he got this team out of the mental trap they had fallen into and that all by itself is an impressife accomplishment.

Reactions: Mr_Fun

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Not only did your original point mean literally nothing, you doubling down on a pointless point after being wrong is quite funny.
What am wrong about? Offering Dubas a contract after 1 series win?

You don't have to agree with me, but as fans our expectations are extremely low: 1 playoff series win. You build a team like this, draft, trade, etc. just so we can celebrate 1 series win?

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Kudos to Dubas. He finally learned to build a complete team with more than just pure skill to hang its hat on. Took some time to humble him, so hopefully he doesn't go back to his old ways.
Yes if there’s one guy who comes across as arrogant etc., it’s Dubas. I mean, those glasses…..

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Just want to say the GRIT additions were the difference in this series, last night again Acciari, Schenn and McCabe were hitting everything, intimidating them and making them think twice everywhere. All potent forces in this series. To all you guys who argued for years about skill only, speed wins, blah de f***ing blah blah, your boy Dubas gradually figured out how to build a team, you need BOTH. Grit, heart, intangibles, board work, fight, that has always mattered and always will, it’s still a pretty simple game come playoffs. But I digress ;)

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

You don't have to agree with me, but as fans our expectations are extremely low: 1 playoff series win. You build a team like this, draft, trade, etc. just so we can celebrate 1 series win?
Maybe they aren’t basing opinion on 1 series win?

Just want to say the GRIT additions were the difference in this series, last night again Acciari, Schenn and McCabe were hitting everything, intimidating them and making them think twice everywhere. Al forces in this series. To all you guys who argued for years about skill only, speed wins, blah de f***ing blah blah, your boy Dubas gradually figured out how to build a team, you need BOTH. Grit, heart, intangible, board work, fight, that has always mattered and always will, it’s still a pretty simple game come playoffs. But I digress ;)
Which people exactly argued “skill only” and which GMs practiced “skill only”?

Reactions: Dekes For Days

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Double post.

Pretty well all of our deadline additions were big factors in this series. ROR had 7 pts in 6 games and made some clutch plays both on the score board and defensively all over the ice. Acciari has been a physical beast all over the ice with 42 hits in 6 games. McCabe has been pretty solid defensively and has 32 hits in 6 games. Schenn......my God he's been an awesome addition and something we've really needed. The guy has stood up for our team time and time again and been a massive physical presence with 34 hits in 6 games and been a rock with Rielly.

Samsonov had been very shaky for the first half of the series but has been clutch since and a big factor in why we advanced. The guy came up with some huge game saving stops at the right times, which is what you need in the playoffs. He's heating up and might be shaking off any playoff demons. Let's hope this continues. Also the team in general is tightening up and our big stars have produced and came up clutch. Let's hope that this series win is shaking off any playoff demons that we've had!!!

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
Double post.

Pretty well all of our deadline additions were big factors in this series. ROR had 7 pts in 6 games and made some clutch plays both on the score board and defensively all over the ice. Acciari has been a physical beast all over the ice with 42 hits in 6 games. McCabe has been pretty solid defensively and has 32 hits in 6 games. Schenn......my God he's been an awesome addition and something we've really needed. The guy has stood up for our team time and time again and been a massive physical presence with 34 hits in 6 games and been a rock with Rielly.

Samsonov had been very shaky for the first half of the series but has been clutch since and a big factor in why we advanced. The guy came up with some huge game saving stops at the right times, which is what you need in the playoffs. He's heating up and might be shaking off any playoff demons. Let's hope this continues. Also the team in general is tightening up and our big stars have produced and came up clutch. Let's hope that this series win is shaking off any playoff demons that we've had!!!
Couldnt agree more. Dubas has learned from his mistakes. He really needs to be resigned long term.. He's a great GM even if he over payed marner

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

The Leafs did not spend the draft capital they did at the TDL to win one round.

No idea if that is enough to get him an extension or if he prefers to move on, but we have bigger fish to fry.

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

The Shrike

Jul 13, 2008
Toronto
Much of the criticism of Dubas stems from the big contracts that were signed before Covid hit. The simple fact is if that anomaly hadn't happened the salary cap would have risen substantially every year thereafter, and the team wouldn't have been in such a cap bind. Every team in the league knows this, which is why if he becomes available there will be a stampede of offers....the GM and President kind.

Reactions: thinkblue

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Much of the criticism of Dubas stems from the big contracts that were signed before Covid hit. The simple fact is if that anomaly hadn't happened the salary cap would have risen substantially every year thereafter, and the team wouldn't have been in such a cap bind. Every team in the league knows this, which is why if he becomes available there will be a stampede of offers....the GM and President kind.
They can have him.

• Haha
Reactions: ToneDog

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Dude, this is the Leafs. Yes lol.
I think it's more then just the series win. He's gone out and brought in the type of players you would want him to go out and get. O'Reilly, McCabe, Schenn and Acciari are the exact type of players that the leafs needed all along and he was finally able to get them. He flat out did better then Tampa this deadline, for sure. With some good cap management and negotiating, we could bring all of them back as well. So the price is worth the risks. I was for sure against Dubas early on, but he's really come through the last 12 months. Other then the Murray trade which I hated from day 1, he's hit on like 6 of his last 7 moves.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Just want to say the GRIT additions were the difference in this series, last night again Acciari, Schenn and McCabe were hitting everything, intimidating them and making them think twice everywhere. All potent forces in this series. To all you guys who argued for years about skill only, speed wins, blah de f***ing blah blah, your boy Dubas gradually figured out how to build a team, you need BOTH. Grit, heart, intangibles, board work, fight, that has always mattered and always will, it’s still a pretty simple game come playoffs. But I digress ;)

Not sure anyone had ever had an issue with adding grit that can play. And these guys can all do that. I think people just didn’t wanna see the Cliffords and Simmonds of the world added to play 5 mins and night and neuter our ability to roll 4 quality lines

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
The Kings haven't won a series in the last 9 years, shouldn't you be in there telling them all the GM/coach/players all suck and have no heart and they need to blow it up?
They did blow it up and bottom out, and I have questioned the GM. But sure keep acting like you know what you're talking about

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
We keep him.

giphy.gif

• Love
Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad