Votes: 161 29.7%
  • Concerned

Votes: 169 31.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
No gm in perfect. Dubas does a lot more good than bad imo.
Win the Cup and you can make him GM for life and call Keefe a legend. Don’t care, just give me 1 Cup I can actually see to go along with the Jays World Series victories I watched and I’m good. Don’t care what they do, sign or pay after that.

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
All due respect to you and the morons in this thread who are intent on holding a referendum now, but what do you want us to do? Wallow in our own self pity?

After every win this year, this group of absolute self loathing bums - hotpaws, Racer88, Bomber, etc. flooded post game threads with messages like "Regular season doesn't matter", "Beat a crap team", "Didn't win the right way", "3v3 isn't a thing in the post season, Win a Round"

Then of course after every loss - all 20 of them, same group of people were like "See, told you, this team is trash and should be blown up, front office fired."

I live downtown, the scene was rocking, a lot of weed was smoked, nobody thought they won the Cup, they were just happy to move on and everyone knows there's three more rounds.

If you can't enjoy the rest of the playoffs whether it be 4 more games or 21, shut the ever loving god damn hell up and wait until the off season before you start your doomerism talk.
Particiaption Ribbons aren't good enough. The goal is, and always should be the Cup. We haven't won that yet. Giving Dubas accolades for winning one round in 7 tries is irrational.

I don’t understand how one can still be so futile after overcoming a huge barrier. We all want the cup, but you got to celebrate the little victories along the way. It’s so hard to win the cup and hanging you’re entire fandom on winning the cup is going to leave you jaded.

I hope the leafs use this momentum to make a deep run and exercise the cup winning demons but damn , I’m not gonna shit on everyone’s parade.
Fair enough. But I'm not "shitting on everyone's parade". I'm just saying pump the brakes on Dubas, that's all.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
All due respect to you and the morons in this thread who are intent on holding a referendum now, but what do you want us to do? Wallow in our own self pity?

After every win this year, this group of absolute self loathing bums - hotpaws, Racer88, Bomber, etc. flooded post game threads with messages like "Regular season doesn't matter", "Beat a crap team", "Didn't win the right way", "3v3 isn't a thing in the post season, Win a Round"

Then of course after every loss - all 20 of them, same group of people were like "See, told you, this team is trash and should be blown up, front office fired."

I live downtown, the scene was rocking, a lot of weed was smoked, nobody thought they won the Cup, they were just happy to move on and everyone knows there's three more rounds.

If you can't enjoy the rest of the playoffs whether it be 4 more games or 21, shut the ever loving god damn hell up and wait until the off season before you start your doomerism talk.
:clap:

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Calgary just fired Sutter before his extension even kicked in lol

that's why I wanted Dubas extended earlier, there was no practical downside aside from potentially costing MLSE a few million if they decided to move on
Owners wanted him to sweat a little and rightfully so.

Reactions: 2Mins4Roughing

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Calgary just fired Sutter before his extension even kicked in lol

that's why I wanted Dubas extended earlier, there was no practical downside for the organization

Exactly what I’ve been saying. I think that win was a big step in the right direction in keeping him here. But organizations have cleaned house, paving the way for him to walk into a situation where he can rebuild teams the way he wants. Ultimately I think he stays but I wouldn’t be surprised if he entertains many teams now

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Exactly what I’ve been saying. I think that win was a big step in the right direction in keeping him here. But organizations have cleaned house, paving the way for him to walk into a situation where he can rebuild teams the way he wants. Ultimately I think he stays but I wouldn’t be surprised if he entertains many teams now
I see no world in which Dubas would rather walk into Calgary or Pitts situation and deal with it than continuing what hes built here.

Reactions: Buds17 and ACC1224

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
That's a good thing as he heads into a full-fledged cap hell or losing key players the next couple of years.
Every good team goes through this. Look at what's happened to Tampa since 2020, having to move on from Gourde, Palat, Johnson, McDonagh, Verhaeghe, Goodrow, Coleman, Rutta, etc.

Think of all the guys Pittsburgh and Chicago also had to let go of during their window.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I see no world in which Dubas would rather walk into Calgary or Pitts situation and deal with it than continuing what hes built here.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Every good team goes through this. Look at what's happened to Tampa since 2020, having to move on from Gourde, Palat, Johnson, McDonagh, Verhaeghe, Goodrow, Coleman, Rutta, etc.

Think of all the guys Pittsburgh and Chicago also had to let go of during their window.
Those teams won Cups. We have not.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Statistics speaking if a team finished in the top 8 in the regular season standings, they should advance to the 2nd round.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Those teams won Cups. We have not.
Not sure what your point is. I'm not debating winning a cup or not, just saying that in the cap era competitive teams have to maneuver around the cap and cut bait with guys who are still useful players, just the way it is.

m1ker

Apr 11, 2014
Dubas and Keefe will undoubtedly cement their legacies as the most visionary, pioneering, and game-changing managers in the history of hockey. Their unparalleled commitment to innovation and their unwavering pursuit of the next frontier in management have revolutionized the sport and elevated it to new heights. It is without question that their impact on hockey will be felt for generations to come.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Not sure what your point is. I'm not debating winning a cup or not, just saying that in the cap era competitive teams have to maneuver around the cap and cut bait with guys who are still useful players, just the way it is.
You are 100% correct. It's just that we have had to throw players overboard before we won a single round. Not sure how we compare to other teams that have not had much playoff success.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
If it's only that the Leafs will pay him more than anyone else.
Depending on the run, it wouldn't surprise me if he isn't made the leagues highest paid GM.
It's only money. We're still paying Babcock nearly $6mil a year I believe. Assuming they re-up him, term and amount isn't going to stop them from going another direction if they decide they need to.

Reactions: ACC1224

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
You are 100% correct. It's just that we have had to throw players overboard before we won a single round. Not sure how we compare to other teams that have not had much playoff success.
All teams, and especially competitive teams, rotate through complimentary players. That's just a reality of the cap era, especially as back-diving retirement contracts were banned and the cap stagnated.

Reactions: kb

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Dubas' celebration imo was of a man that has the passion and wants to be here. They got a round win, we'll see how round 2 and the rest of the playoffs go but I find it hard to see him leaving/the leafs not retaining him now.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
All teams, and especially competitive teams, rotate through complimentary players. That's just a reality of the cap era, especially as back-diving retirement contracts were banned and the cap stagnated.
Not all. I do not believe the Canes have had to. I believe they had major free cap space at the TDL.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
He’s 100% earned an extension

Samsonov signing
McCabe trade
O’Reilly trade
Schenn trade
Signed Gio for peanuts
Drafted Knies
Got rid of useless Engvall
Didn’t resign Campbell (worst goalie in league)

• Haha
Reactions: fan87 and Menzinger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad