Kyle Connor Vs William Nylander

Who do you take going forward?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
And Nylander is 30 years old all of a sudden? Hypocritical. The hilarious part is Nylander produced more in 7 games than Connor has in 9 and the games being massively high scoring for the most part. Connor is doing his best JVR impression, ghost city.
How am I being hypocritical?? :huh:

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
How am I being hypocritical?? :huh:

Not you personally but plenty of guys threw shade at the kid for a tough playoff and hailed Connor as if he wasn't going to have problems. The reality is even Laine is having an underwhelming playoff, assist stats boosted by Scheif's good run.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Not you personally but plenty of guys threw shade at the kid for a tough playoff and hailed Connor as if he wasn't going to have problems. The reality is even Laine is having an underwhelming playoff, assist stats boosted by Scheif's good run.

Everything with you is Laine failing. When he scores he’s one dimensional and that’s all he can do. When he gets assists it’s because another player is carrying him. Just admit that Laine is a good player.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Everything with you is Laine failing. When he scores he’s one dimensional and that’s all he can do. When he gets assists it’s because another player is carrying him. Just admit that Laine is a good player.

Sure he’s a good player no doubt, those Gretzky and will he score 70 threads were a bit much though

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Against real competition he sure hasn't been and that’s all you guys have. Last season when Matthews had 4 goals in 6 your mouths were shut.
He's actually been pretty good against Nashville despite only scoring 1 goal. You don't always have to be scoring goals to to be playing well. And i have no idea what you mean by "that's all you guys have":huh: .

:laugh: Anything to hate on Laine, eh buddy.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
He's actually been pretty good against Nashville despite only scoring 1 goal. You don't always have to be scoring goals to to be playing well. And i have no idea what you mean by "that's all you guys have":huh: .

:laugh: Anything to hate on Laine, eh buddy.

A meaningless goal at that when the game was done. I don’t hate Laine, you folks just put him on some pedestal like he’s not going to struggle like any other youngster. This is all diversion from Kyle Connor anyway, you Jets guys were proven wrong and can’t admit it besides one guy. Props to him. Please stop comparing Boston and President’a trophy Washington to Minnesota please it’s ludicrous. Nashville was the real competition.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
A meaningless goal at that when the game was done. I don’t hate Laine, you folks just put him on some pedestal like he’s not going to struggle like any other youngster. This is all diversion from Kyle Connor anyway, you Jets guys were proven wrong and can’t admit it besides one guy. Props to him. Please stop comparing Boston and President’a trophy Washington to Minnesota please it’s ludicrous. Nashville was the real competition.

Smells like Matthews fans as well.

Reactions: Snowman

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
A goal that makes the game 2-1 with a minute left in the game is far from "meaningless". Are saying Laine's been "struggling" against Nashville? Have you watched any of the jets/preds series? I haven't been proven wrong, because I never even said Connor was better than Nylander. :laugh: For me it's a coin flip. And I also wasn't comparing Minnesota to Boston this year or Washington last year. If your going to reply to me, focus on what I've said, not claims that other people have made.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
A goal that makes the game 2-1 with a minute left in the game is far from "meaningless". Are saying Laine's been "struggling" against Nashville? Have you watched any of the jets/preds series? I haven't been proven wrong, because I never even said Connor was better than Nylander. :laugh: For me it's a coin flip. And I also wasn't comparing Minnesota to Boston this year or Washington last year. If your going to reply to me, focus on what I've said, not claims that other people have made.

So Laine’s been a key player for the Jets against Nashville? In what world

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Are you saying Matthews in the Boston series> Laine in the press series? :laugh:

In the what series? Matthews had about 3 decent games in the Bruins series. Like I said, Laine has 1 goal since Game 2 of the Wild series that’s hardly great. People came in chirping and ever since very minimal impact. 1 goal in 7 games since ain’t great

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
In the what series? Matthews had about 3 decent games in the Bruins series. Like I said, Laine has 1 goal since Game 2 of the Wild series that’s hardly great. People came in chirping and ever since very minimal impact. 1 goal in 7 games since ain’t great
Sounds like Matthews in the Boston Series...

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Sounds like Matthews in the Boston Series...

Yes Matthews struggled against Bergeron and co what’s your point? Your boy feasted on easier competition and then disappeared. Your counter to everything is look at Matthews....if Matthews smoked the Bruins and we still lost then what?

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Yes Matthews struggled against Bergeron and co what’s your point? Your boy feasted on easier competition and then disappeared. Your counter to everything is look at Matthews....if Matthews smoked the Bruins and we still lost then what?
any one of subban, Ekholm, josi, or ellis sure isn't easy competition. I haven't really payed attention to what line has been up against laine's.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Game 5 of what? The last series? Are you drunk off some Finnish vodka? Finlandia maybe?
I'm not drunk, and I'm not even Finnish. Don't come to conclusions on where someone's from based on their username. If a did that with your username, then I'd think your a jets fan. And I was referring to watching the game tomorrow night at 9:30 e.t. (maybe a little past your bedtime?) between Winnipeg and Nashville. After the game you can tell me how Tanev was better than Laine.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
I'm not drunk, and I'm not even Finnish. Don't come to conclusions on where someone's from based on their username. If a did that with your username, then I'd think your a jets fan. And I was referring to watching the game tomorrow night at 9:30 e.t. (maybe a little past your bedtime?) between Winnipeg and Nashville. After the game you can tell me how Tanev was better than Laine.

Lmao if anything my username would make me a wrestling fan which I am(Why people think Jericho is a Jets fan is interesting, born in New York and lives in Florida...have seen him rock Rangers and Lightning jerseys constantly). Anyways that’s a big claim, if Laine ghosts and Tanev produces not sure what legs you’ll have to stand on. Paul Stastny is also having a better playoff let’s not discount him.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
By that logic Nylander's assist stats are boosted even more then Laine's from playing with Matthews (not in the playoffs, though) both ES and on the PP. The only ice time Laine has gotten with Scheifs this year has been on the PP.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Lmao if anything my username would make me a wrestling fan which I am(Why people think Jericho is a Jets fan is interesting, born in New York and lives in Florida...have seen him rock Rangers and Lightning jerseys constantly). Anyways that’s a big claim, if Laine ghosts and Tanev produces not sure what legs you’ll have to stand on. Paul Stastny is also having a better playoff let’s not discount him.
Ok, ok I'll admit a went a bit to far with the username thing, but someone in this thread did mention something about Chris Jericho having something to do with the jets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad