U18: 2024 Team USA

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Eiserman three games in a row without a goal and completely ineffective.
We don't have a good second line because of Eiserman. People don't want to hear it, but he's a blackhole at even strength. Has made two good players, Bednarik and Plante, ineffective. I don't know what to do with Eiserman. He doesn't really fit well at five on five for many reasons, but he can score a key goal at any time in ways others can't.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
That second line with Eiserman, Bednarik, and Plante is just plain not working. Other than the Hagens line, I don’t know why the coaches haven’t tried some line shuffling.
I would try to put Eiserman with Hagens. Eiserman is most effective when he has a lot of shooting opportunities. Hagens can get him the puck better than anyone. Ziemer can dig pucks out of the corner for them. Put Stiga with Bednarik and Plante, and that would work a lot better. I wouldn't mind either seeing Connelly on the second line for Plante. But our third line needs Connelly too because Humphreys is a complete floaty passenger, Mooney might not be that next year but is playing against older players, and none of them are centers. It's a tough problem to have. Fourth line is also completely ineffective. This would be my lines. Can switch Connelly and Plante maybe.

Eiserman-Hagens-Ziemer
Connelly-Bednarik-Stiga
Mooney-Van Vliet-Plante
McMorrow-Baker-Vansaghi
Humphreys

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He was the one that stood out to me too....:laugh:
They literally call him little as one of his nicknames. One of those guys where you can’t believe he’s a very good prospect seeing what he physically looks like compared to all these elite athletes and then he hits the ice and you get it.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
My feeling is whenever you see a guy that little at a high level you know he *must* be really good.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Excluding the start of the game, it was a rather weak period. This team is relying too much on one line and it's time for Fohr to wake up. I wouldn't break the Hagens line, but the other two lines have to be mixed. It was also stupid to join Slovakia's mind games.

The Skahan-Hensler pair has been a big disappointment for me so far in this tournament.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
It's a bit scary when you change the goalie for the last 10 minutes in the semi finals even the game is 6-1.

Of course, Skahan has played an excellent match since I criticized him after the first period.

Max Plante played by far his best game of the tournament

Hagens ALL TIME RECORD!

Last edited:

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
It has to be said. It is too easy to go to the finals without facing Canada, Sweden, Russia or the Czech Republic. The match against Finland was not an elimination game either.

Of course, the team did what they had to do. This is the minimum for this team.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
OK, the All Time U18 record I get, but why did TSN keep talking about Eiserman's NDP record?
Does every single game a player plays count towards this total, even if its not in NA?
Congrats to Hagens, BTW

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
It has to be said. It is too easy to go to the finals without facing Canada, Sweden, Russia or the Czech Republic. The match against Finland was not an elimination game either.

Meh, it's relative. Czechia sucked and Sweden isn't a great team this year, either.

Last edited:

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010

Yes, made Final without facing a single good team. Weak field this year. Sweden very weak this year as well despite not facing U.S.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah, that was a pretty weak semifinal game. It was over before it started. This is the situation without Russia. You take one of the true five top nations out of it and replace them with a team we should beat by 10 and the competition only degrades.

Reactions: SK94

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Only the third time that the USA and Canada meet in the U18 final. 2005 USA won 5-1. 2013 (McDavid year) Canada won 3-2.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
I hate that nowadays everything has to be watched on video. Kills game flow.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
The 4th line shouldn't get more than 1-2 shifts a period. They've been a liability all tournament, which isn't surprising as it's one of the worst 4th lines the NTDP has iced. Last game of the season, ride your top 9.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad