Kyle Connor Vs William Nylander

Who do you take going forward?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
lets not forget william nylander lost a poll to sam bennett on this site.
never change hf boards

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I’m a big fan of Marner and enjoy watching him play, prefer his style compared to Laine’s to be honest. Though the value favors the Jets at the moment and won’t debate that, I think Marner still has another level to go. So probably not
You would be in a very small minority. Probably a group of 1.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Playoffs proved Nylander is not someone who is prepared to go to war for his teammates, butter soft scared as f***!

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I sincerely doubt that, Marner started the season horribly but ended up finishing a point lower than Laine. A consistent Marner makes him a near PPG player, like I said, another level to see.

While I think Marner is a terrific player history shows smaller players peak early and bigger players have a longer development curve. On top of Laine already being better and a year younger. This is no slight to Marner at all I think Laine has the highest ceiling of any active player outside of Mcdavid in terms of what his skill set is capable of.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I sincerely doubt that, Marner started the season horribly but ended up finishing a point lower than Laine. A consistent Marner makes him a near PPG player, like I said, another level to see.

Laine started the season horribly but ended up finishing a point higher than Marner and second in the league in goals. A consistent Laine makes him a near goal a game player.

See how that works?

Reactions: MVPGoon

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Laine started the season horribly but ended up finishing a point higher than Marner and second in the league in goals. A consistent Laine makes him a near goal a game player.

See how that works?

Goal a game player? They have some good green in Winnipeg lol. Actually Laine ended horribly, his start was decent. Let me guess, you think Laine's had a better playoff than Marner as well right?

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Goal a game player? They have some good green in Winnipeg lol. Actually Laine ended horribly, his start was decent. Let me guess, you think Laine's had a better playoff than Marner as well right?

Yeah, he was scoring at a near goal a game pace at the end of the season.

It’s just ridiculous that you say “I’ll take Marner if he’s consistent” while seeming to ignore what Laine did when he was consistent at the end of the year.

And no, I actually think Marner had a great playoffs. I’d go Marner > Laine > Connor > Nylander.

Laine’s start to the year was pretty disappointing, whether you want to blame that on his line is up to you, not interested in that debate in a Connor vs Nylander thread. Then he absolutely tore it up, and then at the end of the year he stopped scoring. He has been great this playoffs though, but of course he hasn’t done anything statistically but piggyback off of Scheifele like you say.

Time to watch games instead of stats before chirping other teams.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Yeah, he was scoring at a near goal a game pace at the end of the season.

It’s just ridiculous that you say “I’ll take Marner if he’s consistent” while seeming to ignore what Laine did when he was consistent at the end of the year.

And no, I actually think Marner had a great playoffs. I’d go Marner > Laine > Connor > Nylander.

Laine’s start to the year was pretty disappointing, whether you want to blame that on his line is up to you, not interested in that debate in a Connor vs Nylander thread. Then he absolutely tore it up, and then at the end of the year he stopped scoring. He has been great this playoffs though, but of course he hasn’t done anything statistically but piggyback off of Scheifele like you say.

Time to watch games instead of stats before chirping other teams.

Not sure what your going on about...Laine had 1 goal the last 10 games to end the season. He went on a huge tear in early March into mid-March but then faded. Look I’m not arguing Marner is the better player, I’m just saying I want the local kid who’s been doing great to stay on the team....what’s the issue?

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Not sure what your going on about...Laine had 1 goal the last 10 games to end the season. He went on a huge tear in early March into mid-March but then faded. Look I’m not arguing Marner is the better player, I’m just saying I want the local kid who’s been doing great to stay on the team....what’s the issue?

Did you read what I said? I said he stopped scoring at the end (very end of the year). Near the end of the year (March to mid-March like you said) he was scoring around a goal a game.

Anyway, yeah, take Marner. He’s a good player and this thread is off-topic enough.

There’s no issue. Just like there shouldn’t be an issue with me taking Laine over Matthews, but these conversations have been had a million times

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

If you were paying close attention you'd notice he was playing hurt. He was on fire then took a puck off the foot and played injured for the remainder of the regular season.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Did you read what I said? I said he stopped scoring at the end (very end of the year). Near the end of the year (March to mid-March like you said) he was scoring around a goal a game.

Anyway, yeah, take Marner. He’s a good player and this thread is off-topic enough.

There’s no issue. Just like there shouldn’t be an issue with me taking Laine over Matthews, but these conversations have been had a million times

jets fan or finnish?

id take laine over just about any winger right now to start a franchise but over a 40g/ppg #1C? not a chance

45g/83pt/+33 pace. filthy

Yasuo

Sep 7, 2016
jets fan or finnish?

id take laine over just about any winger right now to start a franchise but over a 40g/ppg #1C? not a chance

45g/83pt/+33 pace. filthy
He would probably not finish the year at a ppg rate. He was bound to hit a cold streak and that cold streak happened in the playoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->