Kyle Connor Vs William Nylander

Who do you take going forward?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Ok, ok I'll admit a went a bit to far with the username thing, but someone in this thread did mention something about Chris Jericho having something to do with the jets.

Jericho has worn Jet jerseys in the past. He appears on the big screen at Jet games in a Jet jersey urging the crowd to get loud and wore a vintage Jet jersey on the Raw from Winnipeg - the one with musical chairs.

He’s also got the Jets logo tattooed on his arm I believe.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Yes Matthews struggled against Bergeron and co what’s your point? Your boy feasted on easier competition and then disappeared. Your counter to everything is look at Matthews....if Matthews smoked the Bruins and we still lost then what?
How do you figure Laine has disappeared during the Preds series? He has 4 points in 4 games?

Double the points of Matthews in the Boston series in half as many games. Leafs fans would kill for Matthews to ‘disappear’ to the tune of a PPG

Gurilla

former goal scorer
Jan 28, 2015
Winnipeg
Lmao if anything my username would make me a wrestling fan which I am(Why people think Jericho is a Jets fan is interesting, born in New York and lives in Florida...have seen him rock Rangers and Lightning jerseys constantly). Anyways that’s a big claim, if Laine ghosts and Tanev produces not sure what legs you’ll have to stand on. Paul Stastny is also having a better playoff let’s not discount him.

He's a huge Jets fan lol

Reactions: jetsforever

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
How do you figure Laine has disappeared during the Preds series? He has 4 points in 4 games?

Double the points of Matthews in the Boston series in half as many games. Leafs fans would kill for Matthews to ‘disappear’ to the tune of a PPG

You cherry pick your posts nicely, with Nylander it’s “two meaningless assists” and this and that but now Laine’s 4 points are deemed big time haha. He’s had 1 goal in 7 games and hasn’t been great since Game 2 of the Wild series against weak competition.

Where is your bravado with Kyle Connor? Guess you got nothing there now and you’ll wait till he does something right and say hey I was right all along haha....awful.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Jericho has worn Jet jerseys in the past. He appears on the big screen at Jet games in a Jet jersey urging the crowd to get loud and wore a vintage Jet jersey on the Raw from Winnipeg - the one with musical chairs.

He’s also got the Jets logo tattooed on his arm I believe.

Edit ^ beat me to it

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
You cherry pick your posts nicely, with Nylander it’s “two meaningless assists” and this and that but now Laine’s 4 points are deemed big time haha. He’s had 1 goal in 7 games and hasn’t been great since Game 2 of the Wild series against weak competition.

Where is your bravado with Kyle Connor? Guess you got nothing there now and you’ll wait till he does something right and say hey I was right all along haha....awful.
Here’s a hint: watch the games and don’t just make silly posts based on goal totals. Laine has been impactful in every game he’s played and has set up some gorgeous plays. Connor has been playing well but can’t buy a goal right now. Nylander had one good game and was instrumental in the game 7 loss with 2 lost coverages that lead to goals against.

Watch the games and not just the boxscores and maybe in the future you won’t look so foolish

Reactions: olli and snowkiddin

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Here’s a hint: watch the games and don’t just make silly posts based on goal totals. Laine has been impactful in every game he’s played and has set up some gorgeous plays. Connor has been playing well but can’t buy a goal right now. Nylander had one good game and was instrumental in the game 7 loss with 2 lost coverages that lead to goals against.

Watch the games and not just the boxscores and maybe in the future you won’t look so foolish

I gotta admit, that’s quite impressive. Your spin skills are Trump like. “Connor is playing well but can’t buy a goal right now” also known as he’s struggling and I can’t really admit it because it makes me look foolish because I thought he would do more. Ehlers has been another ghost. Laine after having a poor assist to goal ratio in the regular season can’t score much but now his piggy back assists make hime look great lol. Real question: Have you actually ever criticized any Jets player at all? Haha. At least your fellow fan had the cajones to admit Connor wasn’t playing well instead of spinning it lol.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Connor has been playing like he has all season, he’s just not getting the puck to go in right now. Scoring chances and high danger scoring chances are at a similar pace as during the season. Like I said, watch the games. Did you see Laine’s pass to set up Byfuglien’s game tying goal on Tuesday? Was a freakin’ beauty

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
I gotta admit, that’s quite impressive. Your spin skills are Trump like. “Connor is playing well but can’t buy a goal right now” also known as he’s struggling and I can’t really admit it because it makes me look foolish because I thought he would do more. Ehlers has been another ghost. Laine after having a poor assist to goal ratio in the regular season can’t score much but now his piggy back assists make hime look great lol. Real question: Have you actually ever criticized any Jets player at all? Haha. At least your fellow fan had the cajones to admit Connor wasn’t playing well instead of spinning it lol.
"Piggy back assists" :biglaugh:Notice Connor also makes a great play to keep the play alive

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
"Piggy back assists" :biglaugh:Notice Connor also makes a great play to keep the play alive

If that’s a “great play” your easily impressed...pretty much was lucky to hit him in the air. Grasping at straws pal.

Nylander : 8 points in 13 games

Connor: 3 points in 9 including 0 goals.

This discussion is over. Use anything you would like....PPG, GPG...go right ahead.

Last edited:

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
If that’s a “great play” your easily impressed...pretty much was lucky to hit him in the air. Grasping at straws pal.

This discussion is over. Use anything you would like....PPG, GPG...go right ahead.
I wasn't even trying to argue Connor>Nylander in my post, as I've said before I think their pretty even. Just was saying Connor made a pretty good play to keep the puck alive (that part of his game he's better at than Nylander). Now, what do you think of Laine's "piggy back assist" in that goal?

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

You don’t honestly believe that do you? Try watching the Jets more than the two games a year against Toronto.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
You don’t honestly believe that do you? Try watching the Jets more than the two games a year against Toronto.

Do I believe that JetsHomer talks up his players and never criticizes them? Please show me otherwise. I believe the Jets have some good players, is each better than his Leaf comparble like some of you believe? Heck no lol

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
I wasn't even trying to argue Connor>Nylander in my post, as I've said before I think their pretty even. Just was saying Connor made a pretty good play to keep the puck alive (that part of his game he's better at than Nylander). Now, what do you think of Laine's "piggy back assist" in that goal?

It was a nice assist, happy? Matthews had the Game 3 winner for the Leafs, how much praise did he get around here...nada. Don’t expect much of the contrary. I will say Scheif, Wheeler and Buff are having real nice playoffs. Statsny doing more than I expected as well.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Do I believe that JetsHomer talks up his players and never criticizes them? Please show me otherwise. I believe the Jets have some good players, is each better than his Leaf comparble like some of you believe? Heck no lol
I critize Jets players all the time? Sorry that I think Connor is better than Nylander and Laine is better than Marner, but polls done have consistently shown that it’s my views that are the mainstream. Try watching hockey beyond just Leafs games and maybe you’d understand this

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

I was referring to the bolded. Apologies for the lack of clarification.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
It was a nice assist, happy? Matthews had the Game 3 winner for the Leafs, how much praise did he get around here...nada. Don’t expect much of the contrary. I will say Scheif, Wheeler and Buff are having real nice playoffs. Statsny doing more than I expected as well.

Weird. Wheeler has been actually pretty underwhelming in my opinion, Laine has been better.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013

Thanks for the reverse jinx! 2 goals so far tonight for Connor :yo:

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Haha well I’m certainly not getting into a debate about this, the man was born in New York but if he wants to say he’s a Canadian because of his background so be it.
He grew up in Winnipeg. His dad retired from the NHL and moved back to Winnipeg when Jericho was was still in elementary school and he lived here until after he graduated from high-school. This is typically the age where people associate "where I'm from".

Reactions: snowkiddin

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011

2018 playoffs: Nylander+Matthews: 14 gp, 3 goals, 4 assists, .21 GPG, .5 PPG

Kyle Connor: 10 GP, 2 goals, 3 assists, .2 GPG, .5 PPG

Agreed. Thread over. Connor is as good as Matthews and Nylander combined!

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad