Friedman: Kyle’s Summer of “Kawhi”

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Goaltending doesnt seem to be an issue in Toronto.

I mean. Jack Campbell is 0-5 in games where he can win the series the past 2 years, he shit the bed from December-Apriol which didn't hurt the Leafs all that much because they had the #2 offense in the NHL so they got away with i.

Then he shit the bed in games 2, 4 and 6 so yeah, I'd say it's an issue n

What's a Kawhi??

get educated

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
What's a Kawhi??
Yes, I have been trying to figure that out too. Although, I believe it is a who. I tried googling Kawhi hockey db but the results are nothing. It might be the basketball player Kawhi Lennord . He actually comes up in the Kawhi hockey db seach.

Reactions: DJN21

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I mean. Jack Campbell is 0-5 in games where he can win the series the past 2 years, he shit the bed from December-Apriol which didn't hurt the Leafs all that much because they had the #2 offense in the NHL so they got away with i.

get educated
Did once graduated with a double major. Certainly can't afford to try again in todays climate lol. So I rely on the Masters of education that are HFboards...

Yes, I have been trying to figure that out too. Although, I believe it is a who. I tried googling Kawhi hockey db but the results are nothing. It might be the basketball player Kawhi Lennord . He actually comes up in the Kawhi hockey db seach.
Good sir, thank you for pointing in the direction of a reference I can try and look up rather than depending on an oddly worded thread title. I bid you good day.

Sooooo does this guy play with Vince Carter?

Reactions: YP44

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Did once graduated with a double major. Certainly can't afford to try again in todays climate lol. So I rely on the Masters of education that are HFboards...

Good sir, thank you for pointing in the direction of a reference I can try and look up rather than depending on an oddly worded thread title. I bid you good day.

Sooooo does this guy play with Vince Carter?
I have no idea. I don't follow basketball and I don't live in North America.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I don't see it. Nylander, Marner, Matthews all to valuable. Tavares needs to go but can't because the contract. You don't trade Nylander just to make a move when Nylander isn't the problem.

Ursamajor25

Aug 1, 2020
What's a Kawhi??
I'm just guessing but the Toronto Raptors continually flamed out in the playoffs so they traded their best player in DeRozan and courted Kawhi who was a better all around player to Toronto which netted them a NBA championship. I think comparable would be trading one of the big three for a player who will help get Toronto over the hump. I am not sure what that would look like though. In the past someone like Bergeron would have been it. The Raptors also removed their all star coach too, which is something the Leafs may have to entertain. The NBA isn't really a good comparative to the NHL since the NBA often has premium players ask for trades and reach free agency, not to mention many are influenced by who they get to play with.

Reactions: DJN21

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don't see it. Nylander, Marner, Matthews all to valuable. Tavares needs to go but can't because the contract. You don't trade Nylander just to make a move when Nylander isn't the problem.
What do you think the problem is…. It’s not Campbell, it’s not dubas, it’s not the fab 4. There is clearly some sort of problem

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
What's a Kawhi??

Fire your award winning coach and trade your most popular player for a much better player with question marks that isn't guaranteed to stick around in the year there's an opening in your conference to get to the final.

It's a big brain thing. It's basically making multiple, "this could backfire" decisions all at once and letting the year play out. If it works? You're the greatest GM of your era. If it fails? You're out of a job.

Reactions: YP44

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
What do you think the problem is…. It’s not Campbell, it’s not dubas, it’s not the fab 4. There is clearly some sort of problem
The problem is Tavares and Mrazek take up 15 million in cap and are unmovable but your telling me the solution is to move Nylander who is worth more then what he makes? The fact is he gave away Marchment, Kadri and Verhgaghe for a player who cost us the playoffs. He would have been better off just doing nothing and adding Brodie then the mess he's created by over paying certain players. Dubas is the problem and he created a mess he can't get out of it.

Last edited:

SeiderHouseRulez

May 16, 2022

get educated
Everyone on the team is 0-forever in clinching games. Why are you only applying it to the goalie?

I have no idea. I don't follow basketball and I don't live in North America.
It's the surname of a guy that played for the Toronto basketball team named the Raptors. He helped them win the playoffs gaining them a championship.

Reactions: Price is Wright

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4