Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
tumblr_pv4leakNAt1qztfrho3_r1_540.gif

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Wait hes not getting fired? How does this nerd still have a job lol
He's a good GM.

There I said it. No, I'm not being sarcastic or joking either. He gets way too much crap because the team couldn't close, but he fixed their "crap defense", got out of the Marleau contract he had NOTHING to do with (funny enough that Lou gets no crap for this one for reasons), and kept their core together while supplementing their lost depth (Hyman being replaced by Bunting for example).

Last edited:

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
He's a good GM.

There I said it. No, I'm not being sarcastic or joking either. He gets way too much crap because the team couldn't close, but he fixed their "crap defense", got out of the Marleau contract he had NOTHING to do with (funny enough that Lou gets no crap for this one for reasons), and kept their core together while supplementing their lost depth (Hyman for Bunting for example).
He got out of the Marleau contract by paying a 1st so he could keep players like Kap and Johnsson who did nothing really for them and ended up trading anyways?

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Problem with Dubas is that his contract negotiations are awful, which is pretty much the principle part of the job unfortunately. He's great in every other aspect.

Reactions: YP44 and Bluesish

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
I get the comparison where you've tried and tried with the same core and you try to make a big-time change to shake things up.

But the stars seriously fell in line for Kawhi to both a) make it to Toronto that year and b) win a championship there. I don't know what a similar move would look like for the Leafs this summer, but fair play to Dubas if he can right the ship.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
He's a good GM.

There I said it. No, I'm not being sarcastic or joking either. He gets way too much crap because the team couldn't close, but he fixed their "crap defense", got out of the Marleau contract he had NOTHING to do with (funny enough that Lou gets no crap for this one for reasons), and kept their core together while supplementing their lost depth (Hyman for Bunting for example).
Like most GMs he has pros and cons. He's done a lot of good in Toronto (like you mentioned). But, he's also done some not so good things (Matthews/Marner deals). If he does leave Toronto and gets another job somewhere else people will be pleasantly surprised with how he does imo

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $25.00