Injury Report: Kulemin on LTIR-Oct 29th earliest return date

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'm pretty sure Nashville players don't block Weber shots in practise.

I'm pretty sure the goal wasn't for Kulemin to block the Phaneuf shot either way and get injured.

Players get injured in practice. It happens. No point in whining about it.

Kulemin won't be the first player in the entire history of the NHL to get injured by blocking a shot from a defensemen.

SteveV*

Mark Masters‏@markhmasters2m
Nik Kulemin skating before Leafs practice; first time we've seen him on ice since ankle injury

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Mark Masters‏@markhmasters2m
Nik Kulemin skating before Leafs practice; first time we've seen him on ice since ankle injury
That's definitely good news. Still has to be on the IR for a while, but at least he's getting closer to being physically able to return.

edwardslane

Aug 6, 2010
Our lines once healthy will look great. Gettting a solid 4th line will be key.. lots of combination for the 4th line

JVR Bozak Kessel
Lupul Kadri Clarkson
Raymond Bolland Kulemin

Orr/McClement/McLaren 4th line Extra Bodie/Smith Sub for a tough guy vs skill teams.

ORR + MCLAREN FOR The BUFFALO back to back coming up in November :)

Ruski

Apr 7, 2009
Toronto
I think i read somewhere that Oct. 29th was the earliest he could come off the LTIR.

Starting to skate ~1 week before playing sounds about right, as he probably has stayed in shape by hitting the gym for the last few weeks!

Can't wait to see Clarkson and Kulemin in our lineup....should do wonders for our defensive game and toughness!

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Our lines once healthy will look great. Gettting a solid 4th line will be key.. lots of combination for the 4th line

JVR Bozak Kessel
Lupul Kadri Clarkson
Raymond Bolland Kulemin

Orr/McClement/McLaren 4th line Extra Bodie/Smith Sub for a tough guy vs skill teams.

ORR + MCLAREN FOR The BUFFALO back to back coming up in November :)

Can Raymond play Center? I've thought McClement and Bolland have played very well together.

BlueForever

Sep 23, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Can Raymond play Center? I've thought McClement and Bolland have played very well together.

McClement will not overtake Kulimen on the 3rd line. He will see spot duty but not replace him. Kulimen as much as people do state it, is our best two way defensive forward we have, he works well along the boards, and skates well. He along with Bolland and Raymond gives us speed, toughness, and defensive awareness on a thrid line as it should be.

I am not saying that McClement isnt playing well or doesnt deserve a spot there. But with the players we have McClement will see enough of the ice on 4th line, PK and occassional shifts with other lines. Lets keep him as the swong guy. But a good one at that.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
McClement will not overtake Kulimen on the 3rd line. He will see spot duty but not replace him. Kulimen as much as people do state it, is our best two way defensive forward we have, he works well along the boards, and skates well. He along with Bolland and Raymond gives us speed, toughness, and defensive awareness on a thrid line as it should be.

I am not saying that McClement isnt playing well or doesnt deserve a spot there. But with the players we have McClement will see enough of the ice on 4th line, PK and occassional shifts with other lines. Lets keep him as the swong guy. But a good one at that.

I believe he was suggesting McClement overtaking Raymond on the 3rd line. But I could be mistaken.

InShannyWeTrust

Bring on the trades!
Aug 6, 2009
Nikoali Kulemin

I have to get a monkey off my back... Ive been a big kulemin hater for a long time now and I have to say I fully understand what this guy bring to the team. I still hate some of the things he does: the way he skates, the stupid look on his face, his untimely stupid penalties and I always seem him turn the puck over but I have to say I really do miss him hunting down pucks, blocking shots, driving the net and just down right playing hard. I cant wait to see him back and will try and cut him a little bit of slack.

This team is going to be beastly with kulemin and fraser back in the lineup

Center Ice Scrum*

Aug 20, 2010
The World Wide Web
I have to get a monkey off my back... Ive been a big kulemin hater for a long time now and I have to say I fully understand what this guy bring to the team. I still hate some of the things he does: the way he skates, the stupid look on his face, his untimely stupid penalties and I always seem him turn the puck over but I have to say I really do miss him hunting down pucks, blocking shots, driving the net and just down right playing hard. I cant wait to see him back and will try and cut him a little bit of slack.

Kulemin takes untimely stupid penalties? Since when?All this guy does is play one of the hardest defensive minutes for forwards and excel at it. When you're stuck playing defense everytime and play extremely physical like he does, you're bound to take your share of PIMs but I can hardly recall more then one instance of him taking an untimely stupid penalty.

Other then that I agree with your post. We need Fraser and Kule back ASAP. :nod:

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios

What I don't even know :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad