Injury Report: Kulemin on LTIR-Oct 29th earliest return date

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
It's a loss but honestly, if you can't win while missing some significant pieces, you're not a very good team.

Renegade

Jun 23, 2013
Pickering, ON
Wow we have quite a few loses to start this season...

McLaren, Clarkson, Kulemin, Fraser...

Kulemin is a key player, was hoping they'd call up Josh Leivo though.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
It's a loss but honestly, if you can't win while missing some significant pieces, you're not a very good team.

Very well said.

In an 82 game season...there is very little chance that everyone will be healthy at any given point.

We're getting our share of injuries at the start of the season. Kulemin is a great player but if we can't keep winning without him, we're not a very good team.

We have Raymond who is very good defensively, Bolland and McClement along with guys like Bozak and JvR who also kill penalties.

It's actually a very good test to start the season. Clarkson, Kulemin, Fraser out and a still a chance to go 3-0.

It's going to be a lot of fun watching guys like Mirtle spew analytics to explain how lucky the Leafs as the Leafs rack up the points.

Offspring

Feb 13, 2010
Dammit Phaneuf, stop injuring your own team-mates! This guy shoots at posts, refs and teammates but never hits the net. :rant:

BayStreetBullies*

It's going to be a lot of fun watching guys like Mirtle spew analytics to explain how lucky the Leafs as the Leafs rack up the points.

What do advanced stats say about the Leafs' luck? :sarcasm:

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
Sitting out Kulemin is definately the right call.

Still though, 2 games in and we already have 4 regulars out of the lineup :shakehead

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Who blocks shots in practice? Seems like an unnecessary risk. I hope it wasn't an intentional block, but more of a no time to get out of the way type of thing.

With the way Phaneuf shoots at times I'm sure Kulemin was standing in the corner when it happened.

mikebel111*

Dammit Phaneuf, stop injuring your own team-mates! This guy shoots at posts, refs and teammates but never hits the net. :rant:

there is a difference between blocking a shot and hitting ur teammate. kuli blocked the shot. not dion's fault

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Brutal. These 2 week injuries are going to suck while we're up against the cap.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
True.

I'm excited to see who steps up their game to make up for the guys we're missing. I'm hoping it's Naz and Gunnar.

Naz stepped up last year when Lupul was out. It's crazy that leafs made the playoffs since Kessel was also sniping posts for the first 10 games.

Sorry friend, Nazem will be warming the bench this year. :sarcasm:

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
This is not good news. At least 2 weeks. Hopefully everyone else chips in with all these injuries. Rielly gates a chance to dress every night, a guy like Abbott, who is on very few peoples radar to make the team, gets opportunity to prove what he is worth. Devane also gets to show his stuff, he has fists, but can also play the game...looking forward to everyone pulling their weight...fight for a spot in the future.

daner

Feb 18, 2009
Carlyle was playing him like every other shift in the third period of the Philly game when we had the lead. Just so good defensively. One of our best if not the best. Big loss.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
This one hurts a bit. Not exactly a crushing loss to a key player but he is an important support player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad