Injury Report: Kulemin on LTIR-Oct 29th earliest return date

Tyler Biggs*

With Kulemin added to the injury list it's going to be a tough game tonight. We'll miss him on the penalty kill and fore check. We'll need a lot of help from the kids.

Tyler Biggs*

Phaneuf already injured another Leaf. Come on!

Phaneuf's gotta quit taking his own players out! Lupul last year and now Kulemin!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyler Biggs*

Too bad, this is a big year for Kuli. Hope he returns soon! A beast on the puck and great defensively. Will be tough to fill his skates.

Kulemin is vastly under appreciated. Hope he mends quickly and tears it up when he gets back. Anyone saying Kuli isn't a loss needs to stop watching hockey. He is a good solid 2nd/3rd line player that plays well at both ends of the rink!

Can't someone invent some improved type of foot protector? Today's players just shoot too hard.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Can't wait to have both Kulemin and Clarkson back. Raymond-Bolland-Kulemin is going to be an insanely awesome 3rd line! We could confidently play that line against opposing top lines, leaving JVR-Bozak-Kessel and Lupul-Kadri-Clarkson to feast on opposing 2nd-4th lines.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Too bad, this is a big year for Kuli. Hope he returns soon! A beast on the puck and great defensively. Will be tough to fill his skates.

Kulemin is vastly under appreciated. Hope he mends quickly and tears it up when he gets back. Anyone saying Kuli isn't a loss needs to stop watching hockey. He is a good solid 2nd/3rd line player that plays well at both ends of the rink!

Can't someone invent some improved type of foot protector? Today's players just shoot too hard.
They're out there, they work well, and don't hinder your skating:
http://www.shotblockers.com/
http://www.skatefenders.com/home.html

Some NHLers wear them, but the majority don't. Why not? Who knows, but logic has never been a strong point for NHL players. Before helmets were mandatory, many refused to wear them. Many players still rock basically-useless Sherwood 5030 shoulder pads, when there are tonnes of highly protective, easy to move in shouldies out there. Many players won't wear visors, despite the obvious safety benefits and few performance hits. All players should really be rocking skate protection, but they don't because they're the type of guys who won't protect themselves unless the league makes it mandatory.

Sip

Jul 18, 2013
Kule should have stood directly in front of the net; no way Phaneuf can hit him there.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Exactly, they don't hit him!

So you agree your analogy made no sense and is incorrect.

You can practice sacking a QB without hitting him. You can't practice blocking shots without blocking shots.

Were they even practicing this or did he just get hit?

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
I really like Kulemins game this year even though he doesnt seem to be the offensive player we thought he'd turn out to be.

Grabovski's play although a huge success the first year the KGM line played, IMO was toxic to both linemates the last couple years.

I dont expect 30 goals from Kulemin again but i think anywhere 15-25 range and 40-50 points can happen again on the regular. Combined with how important he is defensively to the team already i dont think we could ask for more without paying too much. Really hope he's re-signed.

heavily kulemin biased, only current leaf player jersey i have lol

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Kules is the stealth glue of this team, under appreciated under paid. He is so much more the we afford him the opportunity to. He is pretty much the perfect balanced skill power forward.

He is the reason why I didn't think we needed Clarkson considering Kules is better cheaper though less edge he lays people out too. Just saying since the Clarkson signing makes money hard to come by resigning Kules not other reasons.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
I wanna see him utilized as JVR 2.0 on the 2nd PP unit once he returns. He doesn't have the same hands as JVR, but he can generally score the ugly goals.

EDIT: Just remembered - we have Clarkson for that :laugh:

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Well they had only a 900k relief with Liles in the minors, so it would be close

Kulemin 2.8+.9=3.7
Liles 3.9

This might be the strategy?

The cost to bring up Liles is only 950K as the rest of his salary is already included in the cap. So Kulemin on LTIR gives us plenty of room for Liles if desired.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
The cost to bring up Liles is only 950K as the rest of his salary is already included in the cap. So Kulemin on LTIR gives us plenty of room for Liles if desired.

You're right, I was looking at it from the other angle ... and I'd like to call that angle "wrong".

So they are now in a favorable cap situation.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Michael Traikos ‏@Michael_Traikos
Kulemin (bone chip in his right ankle) still walking around in protective boot. Says he might try skating soon. #leafs

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris
Nikolai Kulemin is still wearing a walking boot on his right foot and ankle. Looks like it'll still be awhile before he's back.

Minor updates on Kulemin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad