Kucherov now vs Peak Kane

better player

• Total voters

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Are we still sure about that?

Look at the lottery team Patrick Kane got 100 points with vs the team Kucherov got 18 more points on? It's close at the very least, but I still think Kane is better than Kucherov.

Tampa got 30 more wins than Chicago...they're clearly better built than Chicago which allows their players to succeed and do better than a guy on a bottom 10 team.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Look at the lottery team Patrick Kane got 100 points with vs the team Kucherov got 18 more points on? It's close at the very least, but I still think Kane is better than Kucherov.

Tampa got 30 more wins than Chicago...they're clearly better built than Chicago which allows their players to succeed and do better than a guy on a bottom 10 team.

Kane would not score 18 more points on Tampa.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I've never seen someone make a statement with such absolutism...is there a source for this claim?

Seems impossible to say for me but I'll wait for the proof.

You want me to prove he wouldn't do something he hasn't done?

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
No, I want you to prove he wouldn't get 18 more points on TB since you made that impossible to determine claim.

If that's how things work why didn't Crosby or Ovechkin jump 18 points when their teams went from horrible to the best, or any player for that matter? At best he would have maybe a 5-10 point increase, and that's not even guaranteed.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland

it sure is hard to admit that maybe a part of Tampa's greatness is because of Kucherov?

I recall Kane has not scored 128 points even when their team won the cup, or am I wrong?

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017

Chicago does not play defense. Easy to put up points on a team like that. Doubt Kane would get even close to 100 on Tampa.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
Has Kane ever have a supporting cast like Kucherov does?

Kane's team has won 3 cups, so I think it's safe to say that he has had better linemates and team mates to make that accomplishment.

Kucherov did more with less and thus, the far superior player.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Proud to be one of the shockingly few people who voted “too close to call” several months ago.

Not sure why people have to be so certain one way or the other, they’re very close and that answer is more than fitting.

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
well Kuchs skiils are not that visible because his game Based on IQ more that Kaners who plays based on pace stickhandling and speed.
Kucherov more smooth , always shoots using deceive tools against goalie , vision etc etc. There are so many tools kucherov have which are not that visible countrary Kaners game were you clearly see his pace dangles and shot.
I never saw guy like kucherov who plays mostly based on IQ. His game is - Predicting at 1-2 steps or deceiving. If he have screen - he shoots using that screen at 100 % , if kucherov is visible for goalie - he shoots - not turning head and eyes to goalie because goalie watches players head movements if he didnt see the puck. There are so many little tricks and IQ elements at Kuchs game - he really unique. You just cant compare Kane to him because they are completely different players. One thing you can properly say - If players game based on IQ - he can play at his peak longer than other who played based physical skills.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
'15-'16 Kane had a 19% lead on the next point getter and factored in on 45% of his teams goals. Kucherov has a %14 lead on Mackinnon. Kucherov factors in on 40% of his teams goals.
Kane had 45% of his team's goals 15/16

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad