Kucherov now vs Peak Kane

better player

• Total voters

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
I went with too close to call, but if I had to pick, it would be Kane. I actually don't like the guy (which makes it harder to pick him) but the fact that he also gets it done in the playoffs is important.

talitintti

Oct 13, 2018
Kucherov slightly. But I don't think he's winning an Art Ross or keeping this pace up.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Peak Kane benefited playing with Panarin. Kucherov? With all due respect to Stamkos he is not the same player as he used to be. Plus Kucherov is on pace to trump Peak Kane in points as well. So current Kucherov, better defensively as well.
What P.Kane is doing right now with that supporting cast is Insane

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Just wanted to add:
Through 49 games in Kane's peak season (15-16), he had 29 goals and 70 points.
Currently, Kucherov sits at 22 goals and 78 points in 49 games.

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
Kane had 5 points in his last game, Kucherov only had 2. Therefore it must be Kane.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
People still use the Cup argument when discussing players? Lol.
We all know the real good players push their team to a cup win just because that’s the only way to determine whether a player is really good or not. See McDavid, MacKinnon, Matthews and all the other real elite players.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
It does matter, it is over used in arguments but it does matter.

The hockey gets tougher in the playoffs and there are some players who just aren't up for it who are usually great regular season players. Steve Stamkos is a great example of this...probably hall of fame regular season career but terrible in playoffs.

Not saying Kuch is bad in the playoffs but I don't see him uping his game.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Hasn't been able to win anything

Kane has led the Hawks to multiple cups while being their best player.

The Hawks have multiple Cups, Kane was their best player once.

I would give Kane a decided advantage still but Kucherov has been solid so far in his playoff career.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
We all know the real good players push their team to a cup win just because that’s the only way to determine whether a player is really good or not. See McDavid, MacKinnon, Matthews and all the other real elite players.

Not a surprising take given your avatar.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
The Hawks have multiple Cups, Kane was their best player once.

I would give Kane a decided advantage still but Kucherov has been solid so far in his playoff career.

I would say he was best in 2010 as well.

Then 2nd best in 2015

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Well, the voters did not feel that way.

He was not the Hawks best player when you combine their three Cups. He shares that with Toews and Keith.

Voters usually have some pretty strong biases.

Not knocking Toews here but he was completely invisible in the final series while Kane was great in every series that year.

Not to mention good Canadian boy vs Cocky American who just got arrested...played a factor

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Hasn't been able to win anything

Kane has led the Hawks to multiple cups while being their best player.
Toews lead them. Remember it's always the captain. Like when Malkin and Kessel outscored Crosby in the playoffs it's always Crosby who gets credit for leading them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad