Confirmed with Link: Krys Barch Traded to Florida

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Except Urbom, an NHL ready d-man will be claimed off waivers.

Not necessarily. I really wouldn't count on Urbom being claimed.

I would say he's the least likely (Aside from Janssen) to get claimed. Nobody really knows who the hell he is, and he's not some former first round pick either.

apice3*

Except Urbom, an NHL ready d-man will be claimed off waivers.

Doubt it. There's nothing special about Urbom. He's a #6 D-man at best right now. It's not really worth the roster spot to claim him for most teams, considering they don't know much about him.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I don't think Urbom would get claimed, because the team that claimed him would have to keep him on the NHL roster or put him back through waivers. I don't think anybody is really hurting for defencemen that badly.

I would prefer to make a trade to make the room for Urbom. But I don't know how likely that is. I'm sure Lou is exploring all options in that regard before waiving Urbom.

apice3*

If we do pull off a trade, I'm willing to bet Lou does some black magic to safely get Urbom to Albany and call up Gelinas.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'd rather see Gelly up than Urbom.:p:

Would probably improve our power play too.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
No way!! I can't believe we traded for THAT guy!

Our organization has a new official sketchiest member. Matteau and Merrill are choirboys compared to this lowlife.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I wouldn't want to find out whether Urbom gets claimed, he's still too darn young of an asset to waste and defensemen are too rare that I'd think someone would take him unless Lou gets him off on the Butler technicality.

I still think the other shoe has to drop with Fayne eventually, they can't keep putting him on the fourth pairing in practice and have his value drop to nil before he walks this offseason anyway, might as well get something for him.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
They must have really wanted Barch gone to bring this loser into the organization. I didn't even realize it was the same guy until TG posted this! I remember hearing about this when it happened, but didn't remember the guys name.:laugh:

http://www.kens5.com/news/I-wouldve...ge-hockey-player-broke-in-home-197171411.html

This guy really takes the cake on sketchiness of guys in our organization.

Looks like I was already beaten to it.

Good thing that dad was not home to "put a bullet between his eyes," or we would have never gotten rid of Barch.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
Well, nuts.

I liked Barch. Time to rip yet ANOTHER name of my 22 jersey.

I would have preferred to see CamJam go, but oh well.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Butler actually had somehwat of a track record though

Still, you don't see 22-year old defensemen get cut all that often in a league where guys like Jeff Finger get $5 million deals. He may be nothing special for us considering what's in the pipeline but someone could use him. Teams in our division could use him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad