Confirmed with Link: Krys Barch Traded to Florida

JerryGigantic

Old Skool
Jul 17, 2006
New York
Glad he is gone. Not gonna hate on Barch, as he had heart, but he was now the second enforcer in a row who was vocally unhappy with the reduced role (Boulton was a cancer in that regard)... If we bring up CamJam for the odd game, at least he will be a happy puppy. Would hate anything to mess with this group building chemistry.

apice3*

I would suggest you guys stop celebrating until Janssen gets sent down. If Janssen makes the team now that Barch is gone, this trade isn't worth celebrating.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I would suggest you guys stop celebrating until Janssen gets sent down. If Janssen makes the team now that Barch is gone, this trade isn't worth celebrating.

Exactly what i was thinking, on one hand GREAT got rid of a goon, but on the other hand, if we are forced to play with a goon it will be Janssen, which is horrible. Barch at least knew he was playing hockey and not "EXTREME PINBALL!"

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
on one hand GREAT got rid of a goon, but on the other hand, if we are forced to play with a goon it will be Janssen, which is horrible. Barch at least knew he was playing hockey and not "EXTREME PINBALL!"

I would have gone with Red Bull Crashed Ice, but, yes.

RedBull-Ice-Racing.jpg

B A T M A N

Didn't we trade our seventh in '15 to LA for the pick that got us Anthony Brodeur?

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
No third annual goon buyout? The hallowed tradition! It was becoming one of those things that signal the end of summer, like crisp evenings and back to school sales.

Yay - UNLESS this means we see Janssen in the NHL, then NAY.

That said, I had a haunting vision: FLA 2 NJ 1, Barch (GWG)
You know it's going to happen now.

Semak

No third annual goon buyout? The hallowed tradition! It was becoming one of those things that signal the end of summer, like crisp evenings and back to school sales.

Nice:laugh:

Hopefully next up is Janssen and a vet D so a kid D can come in. But that might be us sitting, waiting, wishing.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Barch hat trick incoming!!!!

Cam isn't staying. If Lou wanted a goon on the roster he would of just kept Barch. Ya they like Cam as a good guy, but they know he can't play hockey.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Ugh yeah this is what I think too.

If it came down to the two of them, I'd rather Barch stayed and Janssen go.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is at least something to make me fall back on the next couple days.

“No decisions have been made right now,†Lamoriello said of the remaining roster. “We’re not concerned about toughness with our team right now.â€

Maybe that means nothing though, and we'll see that hack Janssen on the main roster. If anything though, I would think the Devils would rather get rid of Janssen and keep Barch. Barch is a semi competent player, Janssen is just a complete liability.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This is at least something to make me fall back on the next couple days.

“No decisions have been made right now,†Lamoriello said of the remaining roster. “We’re not concerned about toughness with our team right now.â€

Maybe that means nothing though, and we'll see that hack Janssen on the main roster. If anything though, I would think the Devils would rather get rid of Janssen and keep Barch. Barch is a semi competent player, Janssen is just a complete liability.

Lou knows what Cam he, there is a reason he kept signing other goons to play over him. He likes Cam as a person, why he keeps giving him a job, but he knows he can't play hockey.

Roster's don't need to be finalized until Monday so you won't see waivers and guys being sent to Albany until at least tomorrow.

One thing to note is just because Pete was complimenting a guy during preseason doesn't mean they are staying *cough*Gio*cough*

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Janssen aint making the team

if he does I'll eat my hat

I don't think he will either. Like Eddy said, Lou knows he can't play hockey. They'll waive him, and call him up if they start to feel team toughness is an issue haha!:laugh:

He likely won't be claimed. He was a UFA for a few days this year.

Everybody knows Barch is better than Cam. And waiving Cam would have been no problem, so I think they would have just kept Barch if they planned to keep a fighter.

DevilChuk*

Fact 1: Lou did not feel comfortable paying an NHL salary to a player in the AHL
Fact 2: Barch had a one-way contract

Therefore, Lou traded Barch because he didn't want to send him down and pay him an NHL salary to play in the AHL.

There's absolutely nothing to read into about this other than that. Janssen, Kinkaid and Urbom will be sent down shortly and we'll have our 23 man roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad