Confirmed with Link: Krys Barch Traded to Florida

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Fact 1: Lou did not feel comfortable paying an NHL salary to a player in the AHL
Fact 2: Barch had a one-way contract

Therefore, Lou traded Barch because he didn't want to send him down and pay him an NHL salary to play in the AHL.

There's absolutely nothing to read into about this other than that. Janssen, Kinkaid and Urbom will be sent down shortly and we'll have our 23 man roster.

So why would we have to waive Gionta then?

Edit: We have to cut 4 not 3 more players.

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
Hallelujah! One goon gone, one to go. Please cut Janssen, send down Gio if necessary, and the roster is set.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Gio was actually the longest line I waited in at the BBQ today lol, well him or Zubrus. I'm not counting Elias/Zajac/Henrique/Jagr/Schnieder since I wasn't in those lines but after that the little guy's still kinda popular.

ghoti

Grind Time
Sep 18, 2005

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...antonio-gets-drunk-breaks-051103077--nhl.html

2013_0311_timmonsup.jpg

DevilChuk*

So why would we have to waive Gionta then?

Edit: We have to cut 4 not 3 more players.

Yea, I didn't include Gionta in those cuts by mistake

He's on a 2-way. It's virtually guaranteed he's sent down.

We would have to waive him though. Two-way contracts have nothing to do with waivers.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Fact 1: Lou did not feel comfortable paying an NHL salary to a player in the AHL
Fact 2: Barch had a one-way contract

Therefore, Lou traded Barch because he didn't want to send him down and pay him an NHL salary to play in the AHL.

There's absolutely nothing to read into about this other than that. Janssen, Kinkaid and Urbom will be sent down shortly and we'll have our 23 man roster.

With severson Merrill gelinas. Larson. There is no need for urbom. I would like to see if we could get a nice pick for him He has been in system for 3 yrs and although its tough to tell I don't see him improving as fast as some of the others.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
This is another great move By Lou a useless player and we improve a draft position and get what appears to be a decent ahl player. Bravo

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
best of luck to barch. he was a trooper during his stint here and I always thought a decent player for an "enforcer"

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
best of luck to barch. he was a trooper during his stint here and I always thought a decent player for an "enforcer"

It's nice to see the guy get traded instead of going to ahl for all parties involved he definitely was a warrior

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I never really cringed when he was on the ice like I did Cam. He just wasn't in the top 14 best forwards on our team anymore. Last year he was, but not this year.

apice3*

We have 27 guys on the roster.

If we cut the two-way guys (Janssen, Kinkaid, Urbom, Gionta), we will be at 23. Kinkaid is the only one waiver exempt. Janssen will clear. Not sure about the other two.

If Lou is only going to waive the two-ways, then Tedenby has made the team. Good for him.

Only problem now is we have to scratch a young player which sort of hinders further development. Two of Loktionov, Josefson, Olesz, and Tedenby have to sit every night when healthy.

Banana Sandwiches

Jul 18, 2011
Yes he will. We have carter and bernier that add fourth line toughness should be able to get through w this.

Carter and Bernier really aren't tough guys though. I don't want either of them to feel obligated to fight because no one else on the team (except Clowe) can throw down. Plus, I think Bernier should be on the 3rd line since he's a good amount of skill. I still feel he can score 15-20 goals a year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They must have really wanted Barch gone to bring this loser into the organization. I didn't even realize it was the same guy until TG posted this! I remember hearing about this when it happened, but didn't remember the guys name.:laugh:

http://www.kens5.com/news/I-wouldve...ge-hockey-player-broke-in-home-197171411.html

This guy really takes the cake on sketchiness of guys in our organization.

Looks like I was already beaten to it.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So who makes more of a contribution to Albany, this guy Timmins or the jabroni we got back for Tallinder lol

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So who makes more of a contribution to Albany, this guy Timmins or the jabroni we got back for Tallinder lol
Probably neither haha.

So the question that really needs to be asked after seeing that mugshot. What's Timmins face and hair looking like right now?:laugh:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Getting drunk and sleeping on some unknown persons couch is a crime? :)

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
The fact that Lou went out of his today to say that he doesn't think toughness is going to be an issue for this team makes me a bit more relieved. Janssen somehow sticking around was in the back of my mind after this deal but I don't see anyway hes still here on Monday.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The fact that Lou went out of his today to say that he doesn't think toughness is going to be an issue for this team makes me a bit more relieved. Janssen somehow sticking around was in the back of my mind after this deal but I don't see anyway hes still here on Monday.
Yeah that's how I feel too. If they were gonna keep a goon up then they just would have kept Barch and sent Janssen down. Barch is much better, and much more competent than Cam is.

Lou could wind up trolling us all and leave Janssen up.:laugh: Pete's already been trolling us by saying Janssen can forecheck, he's a good skater, and can make a nice play with the puck.:amazed:

Guttersnipe

LappinMakesItHappen
Jan 31, 2003
Brooklyn
Visit site
Lou said he didn't want to pay a player an NHL salary to play in the AHL. So he traded Barch and will send Urbom, Cam, Gio, Kinky to Albany where their salaries add up to $350,000. And thanks to the new CBA, they can be called up without all that "reentry waiver" nonsense. Is it worth an extra 1m to keep one of those guys as a spare forward and send Teddy down?

OOOOIIIO

Binary
Jul 25, 2010
Nashua, NH
Lou said he didn't want to pay a player an NHL salary to play in the AHL. So he traded Barch and will send Urbom, Cam, Gio, Kinky to Albany where their salaries add up to $350,000. And thanks to the new CBA, they can be called up without all that "reentry waiver" nonsense. Is it worth an extra 1m to keep one of those guys as a spare forward and send Teddy down?

Except Urbom, an NHL ready d-man will be claimed off waivers.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00