Confirmed with Link: Krys Barch Traded to Florida

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wouldn't want to find out whether Urbom gets claimed, he's still too darn young of an asset to waste and defensemen are too rare that I'd think someone would take him unless Lou gets him off on the Butler technicality.

I still think the other shoe has to drop with Fayne eventually, they can't keep putting him on the fourth pairing in practice and have his value drop to nil before he walks this offseason anyway, might as well get something for him.
I'm kinda not liking Harrold being the 6th guy, and Fayne being with Urbom in practice. Didn't read into him being scratched in the game the other night, but after seeing the practices I'm a little worried. Can't think of any reason they're pairing him with Urbom instead of Harrold with Urbom.
Good thing that dad was not home to "put a bullet between his eyes," or we would have never gotten rid of Barch.
LOL yup!:laugh:

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
That distinction all comes down to waivers. We'll see Gelinas this season, I have no doubt.

Agreed. When we have injuries, he will be the first one called up. I wouldn't be surprised if Lou is actively trying to make a trade to make room for him. He's clearly ready.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Lou:

mrmVE.gif

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
No one is getting claimed this round of waivers IMO. Too many teams trying to make roster room themselves, and it isn't like we are going to be cutting a Grabner type player

JerryGigantic

Old Skool
Jul 17, 2006
New York
Lou said he didn't want to pay a player an NHL salary to play in the AHL. So he traded Barch and will send Urbom, Cam, Gio, Kinky to Albany where their salaries add up to $350,000. And thanks to the new CBA, they can be called up without all that "reentry waiver" nonsense. Is it worth an extra 1m to keep one of those guys as a spare forward and send Teddy down?

Every team is waiving similar sorta NHL-ready defensive prospects like Urbom. I'm confident he'll make it through waivers and we'll find out if that's true on Monday.

Welcome back, stranger.

All in. Bolts Nation 4EVAH!! 2004 Represent!!

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
so, which lucky Albany resident will Timmins 'crash' with till he gets a place

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I dont really think its a choice with him. someone will find him on their couch one night.

how is gun control in Albany right now? :sarcasm:

hopefully good enough where he can get a couple random nights of sleep with out one between the eyes for sleeping on the wrong couch.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Holy **** it was THAT Scott Timmins? He was probably the only thing keeping Barching from having negative value.

Ya, I don't think any of us should be thrilled about the return. This was a liability for a liability type of trade.

Last edited:

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Ya, I don't think any of us should be thrilled about the return. This was a liability for a liability type of trade.

I don't know. I just realized last night he was a pretty big contributor for the Spits with Henrique and Taylor Hall. So he likes to go out and give 'er til he passes out in someone else's house from time to time. Maybe he'll just start going to the bars with some tickets to give away to smooth over future mix ups.:laugh: Seriously though, a year ago Patrick Kane got kicked out of a house party in Madison, if he can grow up anyone can.

Edit: Besides, he has a two way contract.

malkininthemiddle

Aug 20, 2010
I don't know. I just realized last night he was a pretty big contributor for the Spits with Henrique and Taylor Hall. So he likes to go out and give 'er til he passes out in someone else's house from time to time. Maybe he'll just start going to the bars with some tickets to give away to smooth over future mix ups.:laugh: Seriously though, a year ago Patrick Kane got kicked out of a house party in Madison, if he can grow up anyone can.

Edit: Besides, he has a two way contract.

Not a Devils fan here... but I know the kid personally... he's a good kid just got into a stupid situation. He's a solid two way grinder who always works his ass off. Should be solid for Albany maybe as a 4th line C for the big club eventually...

MullerBrotenVerbeek

Aug 2, 2013
The kid got drunk and passed out in someone's living room, it's not like he's a rapist or something. Who doesn't have a friend who passed out in the wrong place at some point?

funetiklee

Mar 11, 2009
The kid got drunk and passed out in someone's living room, it's not like he's a rapist or something. Who doesn't have a friend who passed out in the wrong place at some point?

actually had this happen to me once. i was getting home at like 3 am and some guy walked into my house and lied down on the couch and passed out.
he wouldn't get up and leave.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One good thing to come out of last year was Pete's scratching of the goons. That probably is why they're not around anymore.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Wow, I TOTALLY thought this was a different dude. :laugh:

Glad to hear his crime wasn't breaking into his girlfriend's house and threatening to murder her father, or whatever that was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad