Rumor: Kreider's NO Trade List includes ALL Canadian teams (Speculation on Destination)

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I know - I'm from New York City. I might be mistaken but I thought Taxes in Canadian cities were even higher.
Too complex an issue to give an easy answer.

Property taxes tend to cover more in the United States due to lower Federal and state taxes. So, certain wealthy cities in the counties NYC players live may end up paying more in yearly taxes due to that.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Must be that "free" universal healthcare
The government actually got rid of paying for medical service plan in BC at least, this year.

The other thing is, unlike the states, a lot of areas actually tax the rich.

Edit: Just recently my wife broke her ankle. It cost me zero dollars. Even the prescription pain killers, the crutches, the boot, all the surgery to set in place. Zero. Granted we also have extended insurance through our employers but that only covers the boot and crutches. Everything else is covered by the government.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
I always chuckle when I see guys who won’t play for any Canadian teams most often due to the pressure & attention (don’t know his reasoning).......makes me think thank god we didn’t trade for that guy.

While some are for the reasons you have listed I would think a number of them list those teams cause many of the teams in the states you can live a normal life away from the rink, without being bothered everyday. Take LA (where I’m from) if a Laker is out in public he is likely to have many fans approach him, but if a King (even their biggest stars) could often go out and not be bothered by fans/media.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
all these dainty little americans too scared to come play in Canada.

"another country? Grossssss"

meanwhile all these euros and russians leave everything they know to become elite hockey players. And they're the ones who are labeled as soft etc.

lmao
And for the artistically inclined, Canada has great ballet....

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Someone could just ask him. Probably wants to stay in America, that sounds normal.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I always chuckle when I see guys who won’t play for any Canadian teams most often due to the pressure & attention (don’t know his reasoning).......makes me think thank god we didn’t trade for that guy.
Canadians always say this. I'm from Dallas and a Cowboys fan. It is a crazy atmosphere around the organization. If a player didn't want part of that I wouldn't think "good riddance". So strange to me, but you are not alone.

CrazyMonkey1208

Apr 9, 2012
Kreider probably wants to go to the Bruins. I think he's from Boston afterall. Both the Bruins and the Avs are cup favorites too. The Canadian teams at the moment are mostly good/playoff worthy but not favorites for the cup, so there's that..

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Actually glad to hear this. Wouldn’t want to pay the price for him. Edmonton season is over now that Klefbom is out anyways

when is Edmonton going to toughen up and make the playoffs? Yet another high pick???? Approx 20 games left and throw in the towel again?

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Still don't get why pending UFAs enforce these NTC's at the trade deadline. Just let them trade you anywhere for the last few months of the season...ain't gonna kill you.

I could maybe see it if you just started a family - you want to be home as much as possible, but for a single guy like Kreider I agree with you.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Yeah for fellow Rangers fans thinking Vaakanainen is just another LD to throw in the pipeline, he'd immediately be one of the two best guys in the system along with K'Andre Miller. He's considerably closer to the NHL than Miller is to boot.

Sounds more like Lundkvist than Miller.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Why would Kreider willingly accept a trade to a place where he would have no intention to ever re-sign?
Whats in it for him aside from pleasing a few people on a messageboard?
Why not force them to trade you to a location you could envision yourself staying longterm instead ?

Not all teams in the market for a playoff rental can afford to keep said player past this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad