Rumor: Kreider's NO Trade List includes ALL Canadian teams (Speculation on Destination)

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
You just typed out a bunch of bluster. Vaakanainen is not a high upside guy. We don’t need him. He projects about the same level as many LHD we already have. If he’s so good, why do you want to trade him?
Because when the BS talk about going all in you gotta give up some prospects you rather not do. But for a player like Kreider you at least consider it. I can say if Kreider is a cornerstone player like you have asked the moon for why isn’t he signed and waiting until the 11th hour.

Reactions: yeaher

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Because when the BS talk about going all in you gotta give up some prospects you rather not do. But for a player like Kreider you at least consider it. I can say if Kreider is a cornerstone player like you have asked the moon for why isn’t he signed and waiting until the 11th hour.

What about Studnicka? I think that’s who we’d want.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Thank god, with what some of these Dmen are currently hauling in, I wouldn't want to see what they think is reasonable for him. Dodging bullets

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Chances Kreider is not moved, then re-signs with the Rangers by end of the season?

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010
If CK has to be traded, I would rather deal him to a team where we(Rangers) have a good chance of resigning him. He has too many Boston roots and would probably resign with the Bruins.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Every single Flames fan reading the news he won't come to Canada:
200.gif

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
If CK has to be traded, I would rather deal him to a team where we(Rangers) have a good chance of resigning him. He has too many Boston roots and would probably resign with the Bruins.
I'm not so sure about that, the Bruins have a lot committed to the cap next year already and are already debating whether they can bring just one of Krug/Grzelcyk back. Adding Kreider to that further complicates things. As a Bruins fan I'm just interested as a rental.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
It depends what the best offer is. It’s hard to believe someone else won’t offer up a better prospect than Beecher.

Beecher isn’t even their best prospect, and they have a weak prospect pool.
This isn’t baseball you don’t get 2-3 blue chip prospects. You can say what you want about the system they are good prospects. They may not have 10-15 pick and choose prospects from other organizations. They said Lauzon wasn’t nothing great now he’s almost not being traded. Hey your doing what is best for your team .

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Kreider to the Avs would be pretty insane. They could run their old top line but also give Kadri a solid winger in Kreider and Makar is coming back in to form.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
This isn’t baseball you don’t get 2-3 blue chip prospects. You can say what you want about the system they are good prospects. They may not have 10-15 pick and choose prospects from other organizations. They said Lauzon wasn’t nothing great now he’s almost not being traded. Hey your doing what is best for your team .

Baseball works differently. Teams don't trade first round picks, and the league is structured differently.

However, we'd be getting two top assets. And I think it's very questionable whether Beecher is a first round caliber asset to begin with. I wouldn't have picked him in the first round. I think the first round pick this year is probably more valuable than Beecher. Usually, teams want the prospect to be more valuable than the late first. I don't care as much about the second prospect or conditional pick that McKenzie was mentioning yestesrday. If I'm Gorton, I'm not trading Kreider for anything less than Studnicka, Kyrou, Newhook, McMichael from those four teams that are said to be interested in Kreider. The Islanders trade is harder. I'm not sure how that would work. I think it'd probably cost more, and even if thats Dobson, RHD is the one area where we don't have a need.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Baseball works differently. Teams don't trade first round picks, and the league is structured differently.

However, we'd be getting two top assets. And I think it's very questionable whether Beecher is a first round caliber asset to begin with. I wouldn't have picked him in the first round. I think the first round pick this year is probably more valuable than Beecher. Usually, teams want the prospect to be more valuable than the late first. I don't care as much about the second prospect or conditional pick that McKenzie was mentioning yestesrday. If I'm Gorton, I'm not trading Kreider for anything less than Studnicka, Kyrou, Newhook, McMichael from those four teams that are said to be interested in Kreider. The Islanders trade is harder. I'm not sure how that would work. I think it'd probably cost more, and even if thats Dobson, RHD is the one area where we don't have a need.
I'd rather have Kostin from St.Louis, to be honest. We need to make sure we combine skill with size this go around. Last couple of NYR teams that went deep were a bit undersized and didn't play with enough size and drive to the net. Bruins, Kings, etc. We need some of that.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'd rather have Kostin from St.Louis, to be honest. We need to make sure we combine skill with size this go around. Last couple of NYR teams that went deep were a bit undersized and didn't play with enough size and drive to the net. Bruins, Kings, etc. We need some of that.

We have so many big players with a lot of size, but not that much playmaking skill. I'd much rather the higher upside guy. We just traded for Gauthier, we have Lemieux, we might even re-sign Kreider in the offseason. We don't even have any forwards on the team under 6'0, except Panarin, whose 5'11, so its not as if he's incredibly small either. We can certainly afford to sacrifice size and physicality for skill. I also think we need to make sure we have enough playmakers on the team.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
We have so many big players with a lot of size, but not that much playmaking skill. I'd much rather the higher upside guy. We just traded for Gauthier, we have Lemieux, we might even re-sign Kreider in the offseason. We don't have any forwards on the team under 6'0. We can certainly afford to take the best pure skill player we can get.
Kostin is a bull though and works every shift. Can be tough to handle in front of the net. Leader, too. I don't know if Kreider comes back if they trade him. People think it's likely, like Chapman for the Yanks, but, I don't know.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Kostin is a bull though and works every shift. Can be tough to handle in front of the net. Leader, too. I don't know if Kreider comes back if they trade him. People think it's likely, like Chapman for the Yanks, but, I don't know.

term and cost will be more than NYR want to invest in a 29yr old.
I'd guess that he is not being re signed.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
On the Bruins NO, but he was on NJD and he would be on 50% of the teams

Hey you know, Brady Skjei has played on NYR's top pair, that really doesn't mean he has the actual talent to do so, we don't consider him as such either. Just saying. And the Devils have been almost worse than NY on D for the past several years............Moore is still not a top 4 D and wasn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad