Kraken Training Camp + Preseason 2021

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Game is being streamed on ROOTS for local markets. Not sure about out of market areas.

Is it normal for pre-season games to be on the team sites? I know that a lot of teams stream training and development camp videos or even rookie games but didn't think they did that for pre-season.

ESPN+ for out of market.

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma
I just moved to Kingman, Arizona last week. Looking forward to tonight's game. However, on my Dish Network guide for ROOT Sports, it says that both the "Hockey 101" and "Kraken Pregame" shows are blacked out in my area. I know the game will be, but, the pre-game stuff? Not sure why.....

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I just moved to Kingman, Arizona last week. Looking forward to tonight's game. However, on my Dish Network guide for ROOT Sports, it says that both the "Hockey 101" and "Kraken Pregame" shows are blacked out in my area. I know the game will be, but, the pre-game stuff? Not sure why.....
Isn't AZ out of area for ROOT sports anyway? For the Kraken anyway.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Game is being streamed on ROOTS for local markets. Not sure about out of market areas.

Is it normal for pre-season games to be on the team sites? I know that a lot of teams stream training and development camp videos or even rookie games but didn't think they did that for pre-season.
I just moved to Savannah from Seattle and I’m a Panthers fan, was able to see the development camp games plus the first preseason game earlier today on the Panther’s site. It’s linked to the nhl.con site. I mean, since Seattle is an expansion team I’d expect the NHL to make it more accessible and marketable to showcase the new team’s first ever game instead of being so localized with a company such as root network.

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma
It is, yes. But, you should still be able to watch regular programming on it, as long as it's not a game.

Living in Washington (state), I was always able to see the pre-game stuff just fine. When the actual game came on, it would blackout.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I just moved to Savannah from Seattle and I’m a Panthers fan, was able to see the development camp games plus the first preseason game earlier today on the Panther’s site. It’s linked to the nhl.con site. I mean, since Seattle is an expansion team I’d expect the NHL to make it more accessible and marketable to showcase the new team’s first ever game instead of being so localized with a company such as root network.

out of market ESPN+ like i said.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
out of market ESPN+ like i said.
My point is that I’m surprised it’s not just a free stream for the world to see instead of limited to some subscription service. Heck even for the first week of the season usually you can see every game on nhl center ice. This is the first ever game for a brand new franchise. Surprised it’s not more accessible is all.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
My point is that I’m surprised it’s not just a free stream for the world to see instead of limited to some subscription service. Heck even for the first week of the season usually you can see every game on nhl center ice. This is the first ever game for a brand new franchise. Surprised it’s not more accessible is all.
I generally agree that there is a lack of streaming options for the Kraken. The team could and should have done more to make the training camp and pre-season games more accessible.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012

unfornatelly that's not how things work.

Quackenator

Mar 6, 2018
Poulsbo, Wa
Seattle isn't trading him. We already traded a goalie when we signed Grubby and that was the goalie we took from washington.
Thanks for the unneeded history lesson. Goalie position and defense is definitely our position of strength and i dont expect them to make any drastic changes til the deadline based on our record. Mainly would just prefer to watch Daccord in net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad