Kraken News

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
No thanks on Scott Wilson. Jason Botterill seems to have some sort of love for this guy so maybe that's why he gets the try out but he's a dud imo and offers very little if anything.

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Okay that one boggles my brain. Who the heck is Ryan Lohin? Hasn't even played a single NHL game as far as I could tell. This one seems pointless.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Okay that one boggles my brain. Who the heck is Ryan Lohin? Hasn't even played a single NHL game as far as I could tell. This one seems pointless.

More than likely this:

It’s just a PTO. At best he’ll fill out the Checkers roster I’d imagine.

If the league implements taxi-squads again, I am pretty sure Seattle currently would not have enough players to fulfill their Charlotte obligations.

They will have to sign some guys for this reason alone.

Reactions: GrungeHockey

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
You're also talking about coaches from other eras, and Babcock whose been forced out. Tanguay is a guy that stopped trying on 2 different teams (he publicly admitted quitting on Tampa, and then he quit on the Flames after Iginla was traded) and would sit in his stall and cry after losses (according to Robyn Regehr). If things don't go his way, he'll stop trying as a coach too, it's the kind of person he is.
FYI he's doing great. The Wings PP and offensive zone structure look remarkably better than last season under Disco Dan Bylsma. I actually wish the Kraken had hired him because I'm transitioning from the Wings to the Kraken. Cheering on both teams for now since they're in different conferences.

I did drop the Caps though, I don't have the time to follow 3 teams and I can't stand the Ovy era bandwagon fan base.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa

Got to be T-Mobile park surely? Has a retractable roof and has hosted Christmas ice events before.

Husky stadium would be fun beside the lake but if it rains it could suck.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Saw they announced the goal horn as the mv hyak Washington state ferry.

Goal song they said is a grunge song, guessing it was the nirvana one from preseason

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Hey Kraken fans..Rangers fan here is peace (haha the standard HF intro so you know I'm not trolling).

I'll be in town for Sunday's game and have a few questions I'm posting here (mods feel free to scold or ask me to move this).

-How available are jerseys at the arena and how much does an authentic with the inaugural patch and name plate go for? Friend has asked me to pick one up.

-What is Colin Blackwell's IR status? What happened?

-What's the best food?

-Is there a Metropolitans exhibit in the arena or anywhere else?

-I'm 100% rocking a Rangers jersey but any etiquette (I'm not a trouble maker but I know Tampa and Nashville for instance were not thrilled with road fans bringing jerseys).

Super excited, when I was a kid it was always "why doesn't Seattle have an NHL Team? It makes too much sense to have one there." The fact I'm able to do this as an adult has me super excited. Cheers!

Reactions: Ray Martyniuk

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
Hey Kraken fans..Rangers fan here is peace (haha the standard HF intro so you know I'm not trolling).

I'll be in town for Sunday's game and have a few questions I'm posting here (mods feel free to scold or ask me to move this).

-How available are jerseys at the arena and how much does an authentic with the inaugural patch and name plate go for? Friend has asked me to pick one up.

-What is Colin Blackwell's IR status? What happened?

-What's the best food?

-Is there a Metropolitans exhibit in the arena or anywhere else?

-I'm 100% rocking a Rangers jersey but any etiquette (I'm not a trouble maker but I know Tampa and Nashville for instance were not thrilled with road fans bringing jerseys).

Super excited, when I was a kid it was always "why doesn't Seattle have an NHL Team? It makes too much sense to have one there." The fact I'm able to do this as an adult has me super excited. Cheers!

-Jerseys are available. There's a huge team shop in the lower concourse but I didnt go in during game 1 since a huge line. Looked like they had ready to go jerseys (with names, numbers & patch). they may run you close to $300.
- Blackwell on IR and just started practicing. He'll still be out a while
-Food in the arena was pretty good in my opinion. They seemed to go out of their way for good food. I had a chicken sandwich and it was one of the better ones I've ever had. Prices are not for the faint of heart. Your Coors Light tall boy is $13. Tall boy Kraken IPA is $16.50
-There was for the Montreal game in front of section 08 but not sure it's a regular thing (yet).
-No issues with Vancouver or Montreal fans. Just dont be an arrogant ass.

Have fun & welcome!!

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
-Jerseys are available. There's a huge team shop in the lower concourse but I didnt go in during game 1 since a huge line. Looked like they had ready to go jerseys (with names, numbers & patch). they may run you close to $300.
- Blackwell on IR and just started practicing. He'll still be out a while
-Food in the arena was pretty good in my opinion. They seemed to go out of their way for good food. I had a chicken sandwich and it was one of the better ones I've ever had. Prices are not for the faint of heart. Your Coors Light tall boy is $13. Tall boy Kraken IPA is $16.50
-There was for the Montreal game in front of section 08 but not sure it's a regular thing (yet).
-No issues with Vancouver or Montreal fans. Just dont be an arrogant ass.

Have fun & welcome!!

Thank you! Super excited to see this game and check out Seattle for a few days. I will be on good behavior and try not to buy too much Kraken merchandise (requests for jerseys and programs lol and I want a t-shirt or cap at minimum, I own a Metropolitans t-shirt and wear it quite often).

True story: I've seen some bickering between all the Metro Division Team fans with my fan base (Rangers) but the craziest encounter was at a Ducks-Canucks game I was at in early 2014 in Anaheim. Ducks fans just being mean and in your face confrontational to Nucks fans and other Ducks fans had to step in and tell them to cut it out.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Thank you! Super excited to see this game and check out Seattle for a few days. I will be on good behavior and try not to buy too much Kraken merchandise (requests for jerseys and programs lol and I want a t-shirt or cap at minimum, I own a Metropolitans t-shirt and wear it quite often).

True story: I've seen some bickering between all the Metro Division Team fans with my fan base (Rangers) but the craziest encounter was at a Ducks-Canucks game I was at in early 2014 in Anaheim. Ducks fans just being mean and in your face confrontational to Nucks fans and other Ducks fans had to step in and tell them to cut it out.

There's also the Kraken iceplex which is right beside the northgate light rail station. You can watch open practices, skate and has a Kraken store there (with probably no lines).

Reactions: Roo Returns

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
I didn’t see too many player jerseys available there when I was at the iceplex on Sunday to pick up my custom Gourde jersey.

They had quite a few “blanks” though.
I think getting player jerseys is hit or miss and you have to be there at the right time.

Reactions: Roo Returns

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Any news on Driedger? I'm having a tough time finding anything
Not saw anything. Got to guess Daccord is playing the next game Grubauer needs rested. Rangers game?

If Daccord plays well/keeps playing well, I wonder if Dreidger gets traded later in the season for draft picks and to move his contract on.

I felt in preseason Daccord was playing better and is at least available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad