Kraken Fan Check-in!

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Because nearly every person checking in here isn't local. It's funny to me. If it were mostly Seattle, or Washington folks, I wouldn't think twice. It's a thread that seems to draw on the opposite of it's intended purpose.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Because nearly every person checking in here isn't local. It's funny to me. If it were mostly Seattle, or Washington folks, I wouldn't think twice. It's a thread that seems to draw on the opposite of it's intended purpose.

I get what you are saying but creating a local fan thread will do that.

We already have a Canucks fan thread here. Close to having a Leafs one too. Unless we start creating dedicated threads like that, a lot of people will just check into this one. You could potentially create a 'New Kraken fan thread' to keep non-local fans out if you want .. :).

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Oh, in no way do I want a new thread for that. I just find it funny that this has essentially turned into a thread that it wasn't intended to be... But it is the internet.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Hey all.

I’m a NYR fan (born and raised) but I was stationed out at Fairchild AFB (west of Spokane) for a few years around 2014 and loved the area. Always said I’d love to move back one day, after the military stopped moving my life around. Also, knew that I’d have an inherent interest in the Kraken immediately because I had really loved Washington state. Well, as fate would have it, I ended my military career about 1.5 years ago and I’ve just accepted a job up on the Washington/Idaho border, in Spokane Valley, so my wife and I are moving up there in a few weeks. I know we’re about ~5 hours from Seattle, but we’re definitely going to be checking out some games and following the Kraken as our 2nd team.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I'm not a local fan but I like to say 'hi'. I'm from Germany and my favorite team in all sports is the Colorado Avalanche. That love started about 25 years ago because I needed a competitive team for EA's NHL series. My Seattle connection is the old RPG Shadowrun which probably is even sillier than the video game reason. Still, I was hoping for a NHL franchise in Seattle for decades and I'm very glad this dream becomes reality this year.

kraken

Jun 30, 2021
Local kid from Kirkland, WA. Both my parents were born in Ireland, soccer was my sport growing up. Graduated college / finished my soccer career last year.

Always been big into hockey (playoff hockey is just something else) - my Dad went to Montreal on business back when I was young and brought me and my brother back Andrei / Sergei Kostisyn jerseys so have been a casual Habs fan for a while now.

So happy with how everything is coming together here in Seattle regarding the Kraken...feels good to have a team I can FULLY get behind...feel a lot more invested than I initially thought I would and counting down the days until this expansion draft...

*Also been a long-time lurker on here so figured I'd go ahead and make an account

Cheers

garmonbozia

Jan 10, 2006
Live in Bothell work in Bellevue and lived in King County since '96.
Lived in Tampa when they got the Lightning (and Akron when Cleveland got the Barons, but we don't talk about that). Thanks to the Tampa Bay Lightning and EA sports I quickly became a lifelong fan of the sport. I'm very excited to follow and support the Kraken and go through all the growing pains of being an expansion team building up toward eventual success.

Reactions: LokiDog

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
So there will be watch parties at specific locations along with the official draft festivities hosted by the team. I wanted to drive to Seattle for the draft, but it's not gonna work out with my work schedule so I'll be hitting the draft party in Spokane at the Hub Tavern. Any other Spokane fans?

Soul Rebel

Aug 19, 2019
Live in Seattle and walking distance (downhill) to the arena.....walking back up the QA hill will not be happening after games. Psyched to be here and have been following the process from day 1.

Reactions: LokiDog

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
Someone should create a City of Seattle and Surrounding Area General Discussion thread.

Not I cause I do not currently reside there. lol (hopefully soon :))

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
From Sweden to Portland via the greater D.C. area northern VA. looking forward to watch some NHL hockey. I lived in Northern VA for a while so I watched the Caps but since moving to Portland I have only watched the Winterhawks off and on. I am usually posting on the Habs HF boards.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
hey Krakheads! welcome to the league! good luck and hope to see you in the SC finals soon! cheers!!!

WhatsKraken

Jul 28, 2021
Not a local. Actually live all the way in Mass. I’m supposed to be a Bruins fan but haven’t really gotten into hockey til the last few years. I decided to hop aboard the new expansion team, love the passion, love the uni’s and if any of you are at the game in Boston let me know, I’ll be there in a Kraken sweater!

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Hi Kraken folk! Caps fan, coming in peace. I'm not (yet) local, but will be moving to the Olympic peninsula in a few weeks. I would love to find a STH interested in selling a couple of seats to the Nov. 21 game vs. my Caps. Thanks all, and welcome to the NHL!!!

PuckBuddy

Green for Selke
Jul 14, 2009
Seattle, WA
Hi Kraken folk! Caps fan, coming in peace. I'm not (yet) local, but will be moving to the Olympic peninsula in a few weeks. I would love to find a STH interested in selling a couple of seats to the Nov. 21 game vs. my Caps. Thanks all, and welcome to the NHL!!!

Yet another Cali refugee to Port Townsend?

coastal_nuck

Jun 28, 2006
Born and raised Vancouver, Canada but live in Seattle now. Happy to be a Seattle fan and can't wait to cheer for this team this season.

Reactions: tank44

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Hi. Just signed up so hopefully don't make too many etiquette errors. I grew up in Hamilton Ontario and a Buffalo Sabres fan (French Connection era) . Moved to BC about 20 years ago and stuck with them but it's like self flagellation and I just can't any more. I just can't. Have tried but don't really like the Canucks so this is an opportunity for a fresh start with something new (sort of) close to home. I'm an old punk rock guy and an old time hockey fan and over time you will hear me go on and on about grit and character most likely. I like the direction things here took with the draft and Beniers is going to be my kind of guy I think. I don't know how good this team can be right away, but they seem to be in sync with how I would build a team and the roster already looks better than Buffalo, although that is a very low bar.
This could be fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad