Kraken Fan Check-in!

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Live in the Belltown area, walking distance from Key Arena. I visit the Angry Beaver a few times a year, usually during playoffs. Also attend a couple of Thunderbirds games a year but not as much as I would like to due to how far Kent is. I am excited for the team but 21-22 is so far away that it doesn't seem real.

Reactions: superdeluxe

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Holy shit! We have a team???

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Are they going to be like the Seahawks where they're a punchline for 40 years? This is a mind orgasm unlike any other as a two decades Canucks fan. I could have two horrible hometown teams to cheer for! Don't worry, new friends! As a Canucks fan for the last twenty years, I am a veteran in misery, in expert in masochism and marinated in failure. If we suck, I will be your guide to finding the brighter sides in the depths of idiocy.

Sleestak Nation

Jul 6, 2009
Land of the Lost
Great stuff in this thread.

I've been mostly a fan of the expansion cousins Vancouver and Buffalo which means I can endure just about anything.

I've been a committed fan of the Seahawks and Mariners for far too long having grown up on the BC/Washington border and having access to Spokane and Seattle TV stations (we got three back in those days, plus the local PBS outlet, followed by FOX when it entered the market). This will be a natural for me, I think.

Congrats to the folks that live in the region on your new team. Look forward to discussions here.

searoc

Jan 8, 2014
PNW
Sabres fan first, Seattle fan second here :D (may become a 1A and 1B situation...)

Grew up in Rochester, NY, and lived in various Upstate NY cities throughout my 20s.

Moved to South Seattle and lived there for 5 years, now living across the water in Kitsap County. Ferry life to the games will be something in my future! Looking forward to it!

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
1) Age, sex, location
28, M, MPLS

2) How did you first find HF?
Googling hockey discussion forms back in.. 2011?.

3) How did you come up with your screen name?

Sounded cool

4) Current team, and which will be #1?
Minnesota Wild, likely will remain as mi #1

5) Any players you hope Seattle will get?

Nah

6) Favourite Current player?

Zach Parise/Matt Dumba

7) Favourite player all time?

Sidney Crosby

8) Favourite movie?

American Beauty

9) What type of music are you into?

Predominantly Hip-Hop, Rap + RnB

10) What are your hobbies?

Hockey, travel, fitness, photography

11) What do you do for a living?

Digital + Social Marketing

12) What’s your favourite thing about your current job?

Developing new strategies at my dream organization

13) Married, single Kids?

Single, no kids.

14) What’s a relationship deal breaker for you?

Lack of drive, little intelligence, superficial, vanilla/basic peeps.

15) If you won a million dollars, what would you do with the money?

Travel a little, pay off loans, invest, downpayment on a house.

16) If you found out today was your last day on Earth, what would you do?

Travel to the PNW, smoke a J, drink a nordeast, play hockey, stay around my family and pup and die while floating in the ocean!

17) What is your hidden super power A HIDDEN SUPER POWER IS SOMETHING YOU DO THAT MAY SURPRISE OTHERS OR JUST AMUSE PEOPLE--
Do a Daffy Duck laugh... yeah.... thats it.

18) If you came back in your next life as an animal, what animal would you be?

A hawk or something.. just for the sights.

19) Next place on your travel bucket list?

Europe.

20) What was your favorite holiday vacation

Disney World with the family

21) Worst Vacation

Driving in a car with my entire family for 26 hours from MN to NYC

22) Craziest thing you've done (legal)
Hung out with wolves

23) Four people from now or from history you'd have over for dinner for a conversation

Zuckerberg, Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed.

24) Fav drink (booze or whatever)
Nordeast, water or milkshakes.

25) If you could--who on the board or site would you go out for a drink with

No one in particular

Reactions: Interior Cascadian
Feb 24, 2017
I’m a Canucks guy very excited to have Seattle in the league, and hope to really hate your team ASAP in a happy you’re here for it kinda way.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Live in Spokane. So far there's been more interest in the Seattle team than I expected out here. When I'm talking to people and hockey comes up most of them already know that the team is coming. I had two physical therapy appointments on Friday and spent both of them discussing potential team names :laugh: Don't know how often I'll be able to make the trip out to Seattle to attend games but I'm hoping to be able to come a few times a year.

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
I'm down in Olympia and a Canucks fan for 2.5 more seasons. I'm stoked that we finally have our own team and hope the entire region embraces the sport, to the point where it develops on the grassroots level and we begin to see smaller arenas pop up throughout Puget Sound, particularly in Olympia. Since moving here a year ago my goalie equipment has been collecting dust and god do I miss playing this wonderful sport.

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
1) Age, sex, location
32, male, Olympia

Man, it was many years ago. Probably a Google search that led me to the Canucks board

I've always loved that Cascadian culture, but until recently lived in very culturally-opposite north Idaho.

Canucks for 2.5 more seasons. Seattle will be my #1, but no matter how much I come to hate them, Vancouver will always be special to me. If the Canucks ever go deeper into the playoffs than Seattle, I'll be backing them. Also a big North Dakota college hockey fan- I'm a UND alumn.

I'm already beginning to mull over how we can dismantle our biggest rival, Vancouver, in the expansion draft. I need to check his contract status, but I wonder if Virtanen could be exposed. I think it's a little early to read though, with so many future trades and new contracts between now and then. It won't work unless a trade is worked out, but Oshie (former UND star and WA native) would be a perfect addition to the Seattle team.

It was Luongo when he was in Vancouver. Maybe Boeser now... Current Canuck and former UND star.

I was a big Sean Burke fan growing up. Also a big Ed Belfour fan (another UND legend).

8) Favourite movie?
Toughest question... it's been awhile. Miracle, maybe. The Bourne movies were good too.

I'm all over the place. I can go from Metallica, to T. Swift, to folk. Red Hot Chili Peppers or Metallica might be near the top of that long list.

Lots of trail running and training for ultramarathons. Until I moved to Olympia last year, I had been a goalie through school and beer leagues too. The pads are collecting dust now until we get an arena closer to Olympia.

Shoreline Survey Lead - I work with the state to assess environmental impacts to commercial shellfish growing areas.

When the tides allow for it, I get to walk miles of shoreline to collect water samples.

Married, no plans for human kids. One dog that is our proxy to a child, and may add more in the future.

No passion for living life to its fullest.

Invest it. Down the road, some donations would be made to a charity I'm involved with.

Spend it with my wife and dog, probably running some remote trails together.

17) What is your hidden super power A HIDDEN SUPER POWER IS SOMETHING YOU DO THAT MAY SURPRISE OTHERS OR JUST AMUSE PEOPLE--
Ultramarathons. I have my first and second 50-milers on the books for 2019.

A wolverine. They are the ultimate Ice Age relic designed for cruising up and over mountains and across glacier fields, putting in up to 20 miles each day. I'm fascinated by these guys.

Vancouver Island

Going up to northern Saskatchewan as a kid over 4th of July week to get away from the crowds, rent a cabin, and fish for walleye with my family all week.

21) Worst Vacation
Birmingham, Alabama

either some 50k races or training for a remote alpine 50-miler last year. (The race was cancelled due to forest fires in BC.)

23) Four people from now or from history you'd have over for dinner for a conversation
A certain wolverine biologist (I won't disclose his name for the sake of privacy)
Anthony Bourdain
President Obama
Steven Rinella (author and famous hunter/fisherman/outdoorsman)

Either a really hoppy IPA (Sierra Nevada makes a triple IPA that's killer) or a Mexican mule.

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
I'm down in Olympia and a Canucks fan for 2.5 more seasons. I'm stoked that we finally have our own team and hope the entire region embraces the sport, to the point where it develops on the grassroots level and we begin to see smaller arenas pop up throughout Puget Sound, particularly in Olympia. Since moving here a year ago my goalie equipment has been collecting dust and god do I miss playing this wonderful sport.

I've heard the GSHL Adult-Rec is playing games down near me (Puyallup) At Sprinker. Its close to I-5 maybe 20-30 minutes.

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
Let this serve as a “meet-and-greet” of sorts for the HF members that are planning on making this their first or second team. Say hi and tell your new family all about yourself and why you’re a fan of this yet-to-be-named team.

As for me, I’m planning on moving to Oregon or Washington within the next year. I’m originally from St. Louis and have been a suffering Blues fan since birth, but I’ve always loved the city of Seattle and am excited to move to the Great Northwest.

I’ve been a fan of the Thunderbirds for the past 4 years (they’ve been my WHL team) due to their awesome colors and logo, as well as this guy named Mathew Barzal... If only there was a way for both teams to be the Thunderbirds and use that great color-scheme.

I’m a big Pearl Jam fan, a vegetarian (Sizzle Pie is dope), and a big believer in humidity, so I feel like this is the place and team for me. Here’s to the beginning of a long-term relationship with this new franchise. Welcome everyone!

Make sure you have a job lined up before you move here. Housing Market is on Fire, especially in the Puget Sound area. welcome!

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Make sure you have a job lined up before you move here. Housing Market is on Fire, especially in the Puget Sound area. welcome!
Thanks, and will do. I’m a math teacher, so I’m hoping that will be enough to get me in the door somewhere. Just gotta get that great northwest air!

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP

Thanks, and will do. I’m a math teacher, so I’m hoping that will be enough to get me in the door somewhere. Just gotta get that great northwest air!
I'm hoping to make the leap over to Seattle in the coming years. Hoping a position opens up to make the transition. I've been in Seattle FIVE times in the past two years just for leisure lol

I'll have to stop by the Angry Beaver for a drink. Never been.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I'm hoping to make the leap over to Seattle in the coming years. Hoping a position opens up to make the transition. I've been in Seattle FIVE times in the past two years just for leisure lol

I'll have to stop by the Angry Beaver for a drink. Never been.
People always say to make sure you have a job lined up before coming here. However, if you've got some actual money saved and can swing a few months rent or something, I've never seen as many open jobs in a place in my life.

I've got my job, but in the five months I've lived here I've gotten solicited for jobs no less than give times from just random people in conversations at the barber shop or random bars/restaurants in normal conversation. That's something that was unheard up in Las Vegas. Decent companies too, hedge funds, tech companies. It's weird. Rent isn't cheap, though.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
People always say to make sure you have a job lined up before coming here. However, if you've got some actual money saved and can swing a few months rent or something, I've never seen as many open jobs in a place in my life.

I've got my job, but in the five months I've lived here I've gotten solicited for jobs no less than give times from just random people in conversations at the barber shop or random bars/restaurants in normal conversation. That's something that was unheard up in Las Vegas. Decent companies too, hedge funds, tech companies. It's weird. Rent isn't cheap, though.
I look from time to time to see the job market and it’s so strong. I’m a "calculated risk" person so I don’t know if I can pick up and leave without a gig lined up haha but i do like the idea. I’ve been saving up to buy real estate there. I can’t bring myself to rent. However, the housing market is a whole other conversation. I just hope we get a significant correction so I can pounce on a condo or townhome. I’ll be there come late April so depending on where the market is then, I might look at some homes.

PS: I wish I could code lol

Last edited:

SundayNiteBlackout

Jan 20, 2019
Puyallup, WA
Puyallup here! Currently a Canucks fan, but ultimately I'm a huge homer and will be switching in 2 years. I'm around 1000 in line for season tickets and ridiculously excited. I'm also about to start playing at Sprinker, so I'll see you gentlemen there!

SundayNiteBlackout

Jan 20, 2019
Puyallup, WA
1) Age, sex, location
38, M, Puyallup

From a Seahawks forum, strangely enough.

My screen name from said Seahawks Forum

Canucks fan for about 9 years, but my #1 is already Seattle.

T.J. Oshie, Barzal (Not a chance lol)

T.J. Oshie

The Great One. And Doug Glatt.

8) Favourite movie?
Shawshank Redemption

Literally everything. I'm a huge music fan.

Collecting records, hockey, watching sports, video games.

Active Duty military

Not paying for health insurance :laugh:

Married, 4 kiddos.

Drug abuse.

Pay off my mortgage and go back to college.

Spend it with my family.

I can detect bullshit quickly. lol.

Sloth.

Mexico or Hawaii. I'd love to go vinyl digging in Tokyo though.

Disneyland with the fam.

21) Worst Vacation
Getting alcohol poisoning in Vegas hahaha.

Held the Washington state flag for the NFC Championship game opening ceremony on field the year we won the Super Bowl.

My late grandparents.

Anything with booze in it.

25) If you could--who on the board or site would you go out for a drink with
Don't know anyone yet. All of you I guess.

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
I’m a lifelong Canucks fan who listened to my first game on the radio in 1968, between the old WHL Totems and my hometown Vancouver squad. I was eight years old then, and can’t believe it’s taken so damned long for your great region to get an NHL team. I look forward to seeing your Kraktotemsgreenwhales play!

Reactions: AlaskaJet

raswilliam

Feb 18, 2008
East TN.
Lifelong Los Angeles Kings Fan, just moved to Hilsboro, Oregon. Also a huge NHL fan cause it has the BEST trophy in all of sports. Totally down to root for the local nhl squad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad