Kraken Fan Check-in!

SlickShot

Feb 8, 2019
I'm a Calgary Flames fan but Seattle is going to be my second favorite team. Too bad they are in the same division :D Should be fun though! I'm a die hard Mariners and Seahawks fan so it's going to be great for Seattle to have a NHL team.

Reactions: sigma six

Flyingsquad23

Feb 9, 2019
Been waiting for this since the 80's when my love of hockey started rolling. Live in Tacoma and other than the Rockets and Thunderbirds I haven't had a diehard favorite. I've followed and attened Canucks games and the Roenick Blackhawks teams received some rooting interest.
So many great players over the years to name them all and really all I can think about is who will be "OUR" first super star.
As hard as its been all these years waiting for a team the wait has never been as exciting as its been since I got my STN #1241... All I need now is a name and some gear to start representing.
Seattle sports have been consuming my time and money my whole adult life. 23 year ticket holder for the Seahawks and many hundreds of games supporting all the others. I've been fortunate to have been in the building for many of Seattles greatest sports moments most recently attending the HOF induction of my biggest Seattle sports hero...The Kid!
Looking forward to digging into all the upcoming decisions regarding coach/player etc.

Screen name...it's a Longshore thing

Reactions: Dog

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Hi, I have been leaf fan since 1998. I live in the east coast. Visiting Seattle for first time this summer and if I like it might move out there. Seattle will become either my first or 2nd team. If I end up moving there they will become my first team. So excited for Seattle and for the Northwest. Love hockey and glad to see a market that deserves an NHL team finally getting one.

Reactions: SoldiersOfFilth

Church Hill

I'd drink it
Nov 16, 2007
Hey guys.

I'm staying in Seattle for the week near the Washington convention center. Would love to watch the Sharks on Monday. Any sports bar recommendations that play hockey nearby?

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Hey guys.

I'm staying in Seattle for the week near the Washington convention center. Would love to watch the Sharks on Monday. Any sports bar recommendations that play hockey nearby?

Angry beaver hockey bar but that's north Seattle in the greenwood area west of northgate.

Reactions: Church Hill

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
Petoskys in Fremont neighborhood is closer but still a trek for a hockey bar. Buckleys in Belltown is a good sports bar and relatively close for you. You should be able to get the game on tv anywhere if you ask since Mariners are out east and thus playing at 4pm.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
It's a little late, but you should be able to get the game most anywhere that shows sports. I think a lot of sports bars play hockey over basketball out of spite.

Definitely suggest the Angry Beaver though. It's a bit of a dive, but it's a great place to catch a game and there's always a lot of Sharks fans, much to my dismay. I think it's the whole tech city thing. Lots of San Jose transplants.

Church Hill

I'd drink it
Nov 16, 2007
Thanks for the replies. I ended up going to the Sports Lodge Grille on 4th Ave. It was great, the bartender was a huge fan and we chatted a lot about the games.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Oilers. My cousin played for them (the reason I converted from the Avs as a kid), so they’ll always be #1, but Seattle will be a close #2.
Woah, that's pretty cool. Who was it, if you don't mind me asking? PM me if you want.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Originally from India. Came to the US to go to college, in Connecticut. Met my wife who is from this area, Whidbey Island in college. Got married and moved to Whidbey Island in 2004. I work out of Seattle.

Started following hockey 'seriously' in about 2010. I am a Sharks fan as my in-laws are both originally from California and root for them. Also, the main reason I started following hockey. Not sure where my allegiance will lie one Seattle starts playing. I am not one to easily switch allegiances so leaning towards staying a Sharks fan but go to some Seattle games.Will definitely hope for Seattle to succeed as it is my 'home team'.

jbron

Apr 27, 2014
West Coast
Lived in St Louis for over 31 years. I was a season ticket holder and still a die hard Blues fan. So this Stanley Cup is very special to me for sure.
Moved to the PNW in 2016 and reside in Kirkland. Absolutely love living in the Seattle area. Always good to live in a town with an NHL team
and excited for Seattle and the surrounding areas to get the 32nd franchise. Was blessed to get a pretty low number for season tickets and can't wait to attend the games in the new Key Arena. Though I will always bleed blue, I certainly can support the new Seattle franchise.

Quackenator

Mar 6, 2018
Poulsbo, Wa
1) Age, sex, location
35, m, Kitsap county
2) How did you first find HF?
when hockeysfuture website still was a thing
3) How did you come up with your screen name?
i'm super original
4) Current team, and which will be #1?
Originally from So Cal and grew up in a Ducks season ticket holder house so Ducks will always be #1 but the new Seattle team is going to be a strong 1A
5) Any players you hope Seattle will get?
too early to tell
6) Favourite Current player?
Getzlaf
7) Favourite player all time?
Selanne and a shout out to Rucchin and Parros
8) Favourite movie?
hockey related - Goon, non-hockey - Drowning Mona
9) What type of music are you into?
indie
10) What are your hobbies?
running/cycling and now whatever my kids want to do
14) What’s a relationship deal breaker for you?
not liking hockey
15) If you won a million dollars, what would you do with the money?
college funds and vacations
16) If you found out today was your last day on Earth, what would you do?
drink some coffee and enjoy the sunrise, eat bacon all day, soak up the sun on a beach with my fam
17) What is your hidden super power A HIDDEN SUPER POWER IS SOMETHING YOU DO THAT MAY SURPRISE OTHERS OR JUST AMUSE PEOPLE--
i can contort my arms and fit my head in between my arms while holding my hands backward
18) If you came back in your next life as an animal, what animal would you be?
honey badger or a pug
19) Next place on your travel bucket list?
Antartica
20) What was your favorite holiday vacation
Australia
21) Worst Vacation
Frankfurt, Germany
22) Craziest thing you've done (legal)
Kicked out of Fenway
23) Four people from now or from history you'd have over for dinner for a conversation
Tesla, Rickover, Dali, Hendrix
24) Fav drink (booze or whatever)
Sweet Tea
25) If you could--who on the board or site would you go out for a drink with
probably noboday

Last edited:

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
I love the fact that folks that now live here in the Seattle area After previously living elsewhere will give this team a chance.

I was 7 years old when the Seahawks started and 8 years old when the Mariners started. I remember the euphoria of the area back then. The euphoria of the Seattle NHL team will be just like that.

I can’t wait. Name the team, come out the colors, logo, Sweaters (that’s going to take awhile to get used to calling jerseys sweaters)... and take my money already!

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
I) Age, sex, location. 50 but I’m immature for my age :), Male, Edmonds, Wa

2) How did you first find HF? Google search

3) How did you come up with your screen name? Left handed bowler that leaves too many 7 pins

4) Current team, and which will be #1? None, Seattle

5) Any players you hope Seattle will get? Too early

6) Favourite Current player? Don’t have one I’m new to the NHL

7) Favourite player all time? Gretzky?

8) Favourite movie? The Hangover, Airplane

9) What type of music are you into? Rock/Grunge

10) What are your hobbies? Bowling, Poker

11) What do you do for a living? Collecting severance pay currently.

12) What’s your favourite thing about your current job? Sitting at home and getting paid :)

13) Married, single Kids? Single no kids

14) What’s a relationship deal breaker for you? Smoker, drama

15) If you won a million dollars, what would you do with the money? Buy or build a big house with 2 lanes in the basement plus a game room

16) If you found out today was your last day on Earth, what would you do? Be with family and friends

17) What is your hidden super power A HIDDEN SUPER POWER IS SOMETHING YOU DO THAT MAY SURPRISE OTHERS OR JUST AMUSE PEOPLE--

None, I’m boring AF :)

18) If you came back in your next life as an animal, what animal would you be? No idea

19) Next place on your travel bucket list? Disneyland???

20) What was your favorite holiday vacation Vegas

21) Worst Vacation. No such thing

22) Craziest thing you've done (legal) I’m boring, I don’t do crazy. :)

23) Four people from now or from history you'd have over for dinner for a conversation. Teddy Roosevelt, Dwight Eisenhower, FDR, JFK
24) Fav drink (booze or whatever) Captain and Coke

xxOCZMSxx

Jan 20, 2015
Toronto born, now Surrey, BC.
46 years living and dying blue and white.
Looking forward to a “local” team (that’s not the Canucks) and love that I can follow from their birth (but the Leafs will always come first;)
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!

Faintestidea

Jul 13, 2019
Not a local like the rest of you. Born and raised in Ohio. My coworker persuaded me to get back into watching and following hockey, so I decided why not, I'll follow seattle since they seem to have a loyal fan base and nobody around here will follow them(he's an oilers fanatic) so just putting my be cents that you have a fan from out east over here

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
Not gonna be a fan, but excited for a new team in the pacific.

Sharks > Bruins > Flyers > random >

Looking forward to making a trip up North again to watch a game! I love Seattle as a city!

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Not local anymore but grew up and went to college (UW) in the area. How do you know I’m a former Seattle resident?

Herfey’s
Pizza Haven

Old school baby!

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
Not a local, not even from the same continent but a Canucks fan seeking refuge. Given todays news I may jump ship for a while until the great idiot of our time is no longer GM in Vancouver but even then Seattle probably would remain as team #2.

Reactions: tank44

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Let this serve as a “meet-and-greet” of sorts for the HF members that are planning on making this their first or second team. Say hi and tell your new family all about yourself and why you’re a fan of this yet-to-be-named team.

As for me, I’m planning on moving to Oregon or Washington within the next year. I’m originally from St. Louis and have been a suffering Blues fan since birth, but I’ve always loved the city of Seattle and am excited to move to the Great Northwest.

I’ve been a fan of the Thunderbirds for the past 4 years (they’ve been my WHL team) due to their awesome colors and logo, as well as this guy named Mathew Barzal... If only there was a way for both teams to be the Thunderbirds and use that great color-scheme.

I’m a big Pearl Jam fan, a vegetarian (Sizzle Pie is dope), and a big believer in humidity, so I feel like this is the place and team for me. Here’s to the beginning of a long-term relationship with this new franchise. Welcome everyone!
How's the suffering coming along?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad