Kraken Fan Check-in!

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Not a big fan of this kinda stuff, but I'll pretend to be social.

1) Age, sex, location
48, M, Bellingham

2) How did you first find HF?
Don't remember

3) How did you come up with your screen name?
Red Wing spelled backwards

4) Current team, and which will be #1?
Caps followed by Wings

5) Any players you hope Seattle will get?
TJ of course

6) Favorite Current player?
Larkin

7) Favorite player all time?
Mike Gartner

8) Favorite movie?
Star Wars (the original movie)

9) What type of music are you into?
Classic Rock

10) What are your hobbies?
Skiing, hunting, fishing

Skipping 11 - 17

18) If you came back in your next life as an animal, what animal would you be?
Any bird of prey because I want to fly but not get eaten.

19) Next place on your travel bucket list?
Hawaii

20) What was your favorite holiday vacation
Monarch, CO. First real powder day skiing.

21) Worst Vacation
I suppose I've taken some fishing trips where I got skunked, but that's why someone invented beer. If the worst thing that's ever happened to you on a trip is not catching fish, there's not a whole lot to complain about.

24) Fav drink (booze or whatever)
Guinness

25) If you could--who on the board or site would you go out for a drink with
Anyone who wants to stop by Bellingham or Glacier

Reactions: sigma six

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Not a local but I’m a Seattle nut. Huge Mariners fan, Hawks fan, and I started to follow the Sounders although I’m not big into MLS. Love everything about the city and have been many times and hope to be many more down the road.

Can’t wait to add another reason to love Seattle to my list.

Reactions: Interior Cascadian

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
Molalla Oregon here transplanted from 27 years in Alaska cheering for my hometown Wpg Jets.
Now that I’m within a driveable team, I’m stoked 100 % to be a Seattle fan! You should be looking at at least one good forward from the Jets, but don’t get sucked in by anything else!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I am from the UK/Pittsburgh that lived in Seattle & Bellevue for a good 5+yrs before I moved to Vancouver. It's still a place I visit a few times a year and stay in a week at a time when I go.

I miss living there dearly, but with the team happening, I can't wait to be there even more than I usually am.

I am a diehard Pens fan first, but I can now root for a 2nd team from a place I called home once upon a time.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
1) Age, sex, location
31, m, Bainbridge Island

2010 Minnesota Wild draft lurker. I didn't decide to join in the fun until 2012, right around the draft.

Long time name thing.

MN Wild as I am from MN, and will be, but Seattle may push Washington to #3.

Well, whichever player from the Wild they get I'll be rooting for.

6) Favorite Current player?
Ovechkin, then prob Brodin.

7) Favorite player all time?
Foppa

8) Favorite movie?
Too hard to answer. Maybe Gladiator. Maybe LOTR:TFOTR

Progressive Metal, Jazz, Folk

Hiking, Guitar, Hockey, Church, Gym, Food

11) What do you do for a living?
Doctor

12) What’s your favourite thing about your current job?
The relationships made with families and individuals. I learn as much from them as they might from me!

13) Married, single Kids?
Married

Well, it's not the #1 but the next place we are going is back to Europe for my wife's sister's wedding in Poland. We may go to Hungary or Slovakia too.

Our wedding in Poland. Otherwise honestly backpacking Glacier.

21) Worst Vacation
I don't think I've been on a 'worst' vaca.

Probably Youngs Double Chocolate Stout

Well, I suppose anyone who wanted to, as long as they are a dude and likes hockey, and especially from MN.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
Recently relocated from Seattle area to Ohio originally from NW Pennsylvania. Lived in Maple Valley over 13 years watched a lot of T-Birds. Extremely happy NHL in Seattle, wish I was still there. Pens will always be #1 but NHL Seattle will be close 2nd!!

Reactions: Selfish Man

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
US_Challenge_Cup_Website_Schedule.jpg

Wasn't sure if there was a better thread for this, but I stumbled on a U16 tournament happening this weekend. Tickets are free according to the Tbirds site: Inaugural WHL U.S. Challenge Cup to begin Friday – WHL Network

I'm headed up this weekend for my old roommate's bachelor party, but now I'm tempted to sneak out for a game.

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
45 year old lifelong Penguins fan who lives in Dallas, OR. Been hoping for a team to relocate to PDX, now that the league has filled the west thru expansion and a local team is unlikely, I'll take what I can get for local hockey... the Kraken will be my first and only 2nd favorite team. Hoping for a shitty first season in the wins column, good luck in the 2022 draft lottery and a chance at an elite franchise center in the team's second ever entry draft.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I would love to watch games with folks who are local to Whidbey. I plan on going to a few games a year but will really be watching majority on tv and would love to head to bars and do that. Or even at our respective houses.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
1) Age, sex, location
54 (next month), male, Milwaukie, OR.

I used to post on nj.com and Jim @Out of Business pointed me the way.

My Zen Shiatsu instructor made a joke about the national debt in the 90's and I kept it.

New Jersey Devils, Devils

Blake Coleman

6) Favourite Current player?

Mackenzie Blackwood

7) Favourite player all time?
Bernie Parent

8) Favourite movie?
Star Wars

Grew up on classic rock, but I listen to whatever is on local community radio. I listen to KMHD jazz and KBOO in the car. Saw the Grateful Dead 22 times, Jerry Garcia solo three times.

Outdoors, hiking, craft beer, potent flower, CBD, ashwagandha, tulsi, bacopa

Campaign Manager

Location, staff diversity.

Single, child-free.

14) What’s a relationship deal breaker for you?

Tobacco

15) If you won a million dollars, what would you do with the money?
Pay off my student loan, raise awareness for dyspraxia.

16) If you found out today was your last day on Earth, what would you do?
Call my family.

17) What is your hidden super power A HIDDEN SUPER POWER IS SOMETHING YOU DO THAT MAY SURPRISE OTHERS OR JUST AMUSE PEOPLE--
Patience.

Homo sapiens

Canada, states I've never been to: Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina

20) What was your favorite holiday vacation?
San Diego

21) Worst Vacation?
Los Angeles

22) Craziest thing you've done (legal)
I climbed the ladder of an abandoned silo to the top and stood on the edge when I was 13.

23) Four people from now or from history you'd have over for dinner for a conversation
Florence Welch, Cara Delevingne, Daniel Radcliffe, and photographer David Bailey; to ask them to do a dyspraxia awareness project with Labour MP Emma Lewell-Buck.

Barley Brown's Pallet Jack IPA

25) If you could--who on the board or site would you go out for a drink with?
@Viqsi

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
This is actually my first post. Lifelong hockey fan, but having a team nearby has me wanting to connect with folks about it.

1) Age, sex, location
- 41, M, Washougal, WA
- Google
- It's a comic book, a dark twisted comic book.
New Jersey Devils. Been a fan since the North Stars moved to Dallas, so 25+ years now? Right now it's looking like co-#1's. We'll see how that plays out.
- I have no preference at this point. I think it's more the team than any individual player. I can name 20 I probably don't want.
6) Favourite Current player?
- Connor McDavid (I know, but the dude is fun!)
7) Favourite player all time?
- Scott Stevens
8) Favourite movie?
- Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- I listen to a LOT of music and varieties that exclude nothing. My most listened to genre's would probably be punk, post-punk, post-rock and outlaw country. Right now I'm particularly fond of Jason Isbell, Tyson Motsenbocker, The Blamed, Luxury, Lifestory: Monologue and mewithoutYou.
- Music, hiking, hunting, fishing, kayaking, bicycling, David Lynch films/tv shows
- Facilities Manager
- benefits
- Married. 2 kids
14) What’s a relationship deal breaker for you?
- Hadn't thought about this in decades.
15) If you won a million dollars, what would you do with the money?
- Buy a bunch of property in several locations, NE Washington, San Juan's, Olympics, etc. For recreation. Already have some land up near Leavenworth.
16) If you found out today was your last day on Earth, what would you do?
- Tell nobody, set my affairs in order and invite my whole family over to bid them farewell.
17) What is your hidden super power A HIDDEN SUPER POWER IS SOMETHING YOU DO THAT MAY SURPRISE OTHERS OR JUST AMUSE PEOPLE--
- I'm insanely good at navigation. I can go out into the woods in a place I've never been and have no problem knowing where I am. Also, trivia, geographic information, and while I'm a biggish guy, I am in MUCH better shape than I look. Putting on 30 miles in a day, with 7000 feet of elevation gain is just another day for me in October and November.
- Bear. I'm basically that already.
- Antarctica
- I enjoy my annual to Vancouver Island to be the best of any.
21) Worst Vacation
- Had one to Ocean Shores, WA once.
22) Craziest thing you've done (legal)
- I lived in remote Uganda for nearly half a year.
23) Four people from now or from history you'd have over for dinner for a conversation
- This doesn't really interest me at all, but if I had to pick one, probably David Lynch, because it'd at the very least be absurd enough to spark my strange sense of humor.
- Any Sour Beer probably.
- Myself... only because this is my first post.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Diehard Yotes fan here who has been eyeing Seattle since it was announced because, well AZ doesn't have what many call "stable ownership". After being a team just bad enough to miss the playoffs but not good enough to have a top pick, or a team whose GM has outright traded 1sts (2020, 2017, and Domi, Strome, Perlini, Merkely and POJ are all 1st rounders traded by Chayka. We got Schmaltz, four months of Hall and a shell of Kessel in return) I'm inching closer and closer to jumping completely on board to Seattle. I have friends in the area and was spending a bit of time in the city for work the past couple years and have always loved the Pacific Northwest.

Four losses in a row. The Coyotes look disinterested and a fresh start is sounding better and better. Seattle will absolutely be my second team but could end up being my main squeeze soon enough. Wanted to officially kick off my posting around the Kraken area!

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Sorry if this isn't allowed, but now that we have a team, it would be kinda cool to get to know 'local' fans who could in the near-future be the people we hang out with at a bar watching Seattle play.

Olympia-area here
This should absolutely be a thing .. ha ha. Though .. where I live (South Whidbey Island) the bars don't really stay open past 10 PM. Would still love to hang out with any local folks around here.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Buffalo fan checking in. But I'll definitely be up to date with the Kraken. The jerseys made me fall in love

Elandan

Jul 1, 2018
Hi all, longsuffering Leafs fan here, ready to do the unthinkable...defect from the Maple Leafs and cheer for the Kraken! I can't handle the Leafs anymore!!
I am 36 years old, and am from northern Ontario. I currently live outside of Vancouver, BC, and I absolutely hate the Canucks. So I figure it would be natural to jump aboard your wagon :)
I am still processing this haha, but I think the Leafs broke me. Hello Kraken Nation??

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
South Florida native, but have lived in the Seattle area for the past 5 years. I will be moving out by the end of the month though (military family). Bummed I won’t be able to go to games for the inaugural season but will be cheering from afar. Panthers will always be my #1 team but it feels good to cheer for a team in the west. Let’s go Kraken!! I’ll still keep my WA plates, was thinking of running the new Kraken ones lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad