Confirmed with Link: Kovalchuk (50% retained) to Washington for a 2020 3rd

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
It was fun at the beginning, but he's been pretty bad these last few games. I'm happy they got a 3rd for him. The fans and media would've probably turned against him if he would've stayed imo, that's how bad he's been.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
We traded away our best forward for a bag of pucks. :facepalm:

I want everyone to be traded at this point.

Our best forward? Dude was playing 19 mins a game and hasn’t done shit for 2 weeks. He is a 40 point player on a 2 way league min deal.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
When the chances are taken by a scouting department that knows what it's doing, yes. Alas, it's the habs' scouting department and it relies on the Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Moe strategy for making player selections at the draft
Your post would be funny if it wasn't so damn close to the truth.

Riddick412

Crash da net!
Dec 15, 2011
Ottawa
Timmins has been here 17 years but we will not count the last two drafts because the jury is still out on those prospects. These are the players (with NHL time) he picked up in the third round the first 15 years:

O'Byrne
Emelin
Andrighetto
White
Weber
Fleury

He had 16 picks over those years.
When in the third round though?

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Just a slight reminder.....there is a 50 contract limits. WE have a gazillion of prospects scheduled to arrive in the near future. At WORST, this team needs a f*ckING ECHL AFFILIATION!!!! You know? A team that is supposed to build THROUGH THE DRAFT to not have a ECHL team...
The team could use the picks to move up in the draft.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
He's gone for good, Ovechkin is king and he will tell management to keep his good friend next year.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
He's gone for good, Ovechkin is king and he will tell management to keep his good friend next year.
I have to admit I got excited with his start here but he slowed down really fast the last couple of weeks. He kept missing the net alot. Then I watched a video clip of the Habs skill contest and he missed on the targets. I think he finished last. Something tells me he was riding high on adrenaline the first couple of weeks. Reality set in after that. I hope I'm wrong. I'd like to see him do well.

Reactions: Andrei79

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Thought we'd get a 2nd but his performance dropped off quite a bit recently. Still, a free 3rd round pick and we get to watch team russia now.

Reactions: DAChampion

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I have to admit I got excited with his start here but he slowed down really fast the last couple of weeks. He kept missing the net alot. Then I watched a video clip of the Habs skill contest and he missed on the targets. I think he finished last. Something tells me he was riding high on adrenaline the first couple of weeks. Reality set in after that. I hope I'm wrong. I'd like to see him do well.
Could also be that he gave up because he knows we arent making the playoffs. Probably a mix of both.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Another "win" trade, but the team is no better.
Well, no of course not. They got a draft pick. How would you expect them to be better when trading for a pick? Give it time. Obviously the odds of getting an impact player in the third round aren't high, but the more chances we have the better.

Reactions: dralaf

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Bergevin spotted eating from a garage can behind donwtown Montreal restaurant.

Reports say, It didnt cost anything, there was nothing to lose.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Well, no of course not. They got a draft pick. How would you expect them to be better when trading for a pick? Give it time. Obviously the odds of getting an impact player in the third round aren't high, but the more chances we have the better.
I think Bergevin has had enough "time".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad