Koskinen stealing the starting job?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
So now we're calling cross ice one-timers on a 5 on 3 a straight up bad goal?

JFC, this place.

lol. Carter pooched the shot. Nor was it far across. That save was very makeable.

How about the two other bad goals that went right through Koskinen or needing Brodz to save a goal on an awkward behind the net retrieve?

Shake it any way you like this was a questionable outing by Koskinen. Has he played well in toehr games, sure, did he play well last night? no.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
lol. Carter pooched the shot. Nor was it far across. That save was very makeable.

How about the two other bad goals that went right through Koskinen or needing Brodz to save a goal on an awkward behind the net retrieve?

Shake it any way you like this was a questionable outing by Koskinen. Has he played well in toehr games, sure, did he play well last night? no.
Did he also make numerous big saves that weren’t lucky? Absolutely

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Just saying its too early to evaluate, which it is. After same number of games played people here were anointing Nilsson as starter. How did that work out.

Koski was very shaky last night against the worst scoring team in the league. Gave up 3, one called back, got saved on another by Brodziak sliding across.

Could easily have been 4-5 GA against a club that gets 2 a night. He seemed to have difficulty getting set and ready last night. I was wondering if he's already impacted by work load. He's a big man, not used to playing as many game as an NHL schedule. I think we need to see 20 games before we have an idea what we got.

You're right in that they'll need to assess him further, especially in tougher matchups. At worst though, I believe he's a solid backup, at best he's a starter which we desperately need, so I hope it works out to be the latter.

However, you've got to admit that he's just better with tracking the puck through traffic and has been making big saves, even though they may seem flukey. I'll take luck over the 1st or 2nd shot going in on net or constantly holding my breath whenever Talbot's in net.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Both games were virtually identical. Both we're close games decided by one goal (Kings just got the two empty net goals the other night)

But without the offside goal called back it looked like the same result.

Look, its one thing to say Koski has been better than Talbot this season thus far, sure he has. but to try to make some difference in the two games? There wasn't any. The results were last goal wins in both games. Two bad clubs trading games as also rans. Oilers didn't play well last night either, or the previous Kings game.

Also as bad as the Kings are, I just think they match up well vs the Oilers - especially when the refs are California jock-sniffers. Oilers have had plenty of teams like that, where no matter what, some goalie just had their number and some players just score at will. But then they'll go on to beat some good teams where they're clearly mismatched. That's hockey though.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Also as bad as the Kings are, I just think they match up well vs the Oilers - especially when the refs are California jock-sniffers. Oilers have had plenty of teams like that, where no matter what, some goalie just had their number and some players just score at will. But then they'll go on to beat some good teams where they're clearly mismatched. That's hockey though.

Just saying that we just ended up in two dogfights against the worst club in the conference.

The 70's line retired. Carter and Toffoli are ghosts, Pearson traded.

Doughty is nothing close to his peak.

Dustin Brown is the best Kings player.

That's not a very good hockey club. They are years past it. They are guaranteed to be a lottery team this season. Especially with Quick in net.

I don't know that its a matchup thing as much as the Oilers just not being very good. We seem to play to the level of opposition but with random results because every game goes to the wire. We're a .500 club and it takes around 94pts to have a shot at playoffs.

We'll know more what we're about facing LV. Unfortunately it seems Talbot will get that start.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Just saying that we just ended up in two dogfights against the worst club in the conference.

The 70's line retired. Carter and Toffoli are ghosts, Pearson traded.

Doughty is nothing close to his peak.

Dustin Brown is the best Kings player.

That's not a very good hockey club. They are years past it. They are guaranteed to be a lottery team this season. Especially with Quick in net.

I don't know that its a matchup thing as much as the Oilers just not being very good. We seem to play to the level of opposition but with random results because every game goes to the wire. We're a .500 club and it takes around 94pts to have a shot at playoffs.

We'll know more what we're about facing LV. Unfortunately it seems Talbot will get that start.

What? Why the hell would he get the start? Anything backing that up?

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Just my take that Talbot will get the start. Koski didn't look sharp to me. I doubt that completely escaped Hitchcock. I don't think it matters, Vegas recently have been a lot better than the Oilers.

Haha Hitch will go with the guy that's winning games. Do you think Hitch had his eyes closed when Koskinen made the great saves especially late?

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Just my take that Talbot will get the start. Koski didn't look sharp to me. I doubt that completely escaped Hitchcock. I don't think it matters, Vegas recently have been a lot better than the Oilers.

If it was up to you who would get the start vs Vegas?

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada

shake it anyway you like, he got the win, and, unlike Vesina nominee Quick, he didnt get beat by a blueline slapper with under 2 minutes left.

he outplayed a Conn Smyth Trophy winner.

perhaps most importantly, the team plays better in front of him.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta

I really don't think Talbot is going to see the net until a back to back situation, or Koskinen has a couple bad games in a row.

I mean the fact he looked shaky last night and we were able to pull out a win, especially with some huge saves by him, is a sign he's going to be the guy moving forward. I can't imagine what the score is in that game last night if we had a shaky Talbot in net.

The debate is still there on who's the better goaltender. But the debate on who is playing better and who should be getting the starts is pretty clear cut.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible

I don't see it, Koskinen hasn't lost a home game yet and Talbot stinks. I'd put $ on Koskinen getting the start.

Reactions: elmeroil

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Koski gets the start against Vegas.

Its already confirmed Kosky gets the start.

2nuym2.jpg

:laugh:

...your two posts which seemingly went unnoticed by other posters reminded me of the Aflack duck.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Its already confirmed Kosky gets the start.

Just heard Koskinen is starting tomorrow against Vegas. Its the right decision.

But..........but...........
Koskinen didn't look sharp & I'm sure that didn't escape Hitch because me & Hitch are on the same level of hockey awareness & credibility.

I'm sure he noticed how Carter, an absolute slug of a hockey player nobody would ever want on their team, pooched that shot 2 inches inside the shortside goal post & 14 inches off the ice on the blocker side which we all know is the easiest save in hockey for a goalie especially when it's a cross-ice 1-timer on a 5 on 3. Just brutal.

He also must have noticed his terrible body language after that bad goal he let in that was reversed because I telepathically told Hitch to challenge it. He was totally lost after that & we might as well have played with the goalie pulled because he was mentally destroyed & was incapable of making the "big save" after that. Luckily, Hitch was able to convince the players to really bare down & not give up any quality chances or shots for the rest of the game.

Reactions: IAGTTAYM

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
Köln, Helsinki, Lappeenranta

Trade him fast!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad