Koskinen stealing the starting job?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I would love to see Koski play 10 in a row, even if he has a bad game, throw him right back in there the next.

Talbot helps this team lose, hes done here. Time to see what we have with Koski.
I don't even know if I want to see him play much more than 1 or 2 more. Guy isn't a NHL starter and shouldn't be worn out playing 10 in a row.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
...But he didn't. That's the point. The Canuck being on the ice had no bearing on him getting scored on, unless Koskinen likes watching line changes.

He was out of position on quite a few chances that the Canucks thankfully flubbed on.

It was a joke, don't worry.

Yeah that's fine though. Made enough of the big ones to get us the win. I have no issue with that. Oilers gave up a tonne of grade A chances and he only let in two. Luck or skill.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It was a joke, don't worry.

Yeah that's fine though. Made enough of the big ones to get us the win. I have no issue with that. Oilers gave up a tonne of grade A chances and he only let in two. Luck or skill.
Fair enough. But he'll have to be better if we're going to beat Calgary. Him and the men in front of him.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
...But he didn't. That's the point. The Canuck being on the ice had no bearing on him getting scored on, unless Koskinen likes watching line changes.

He was out of position on quite a few chances that the Canucks thankfully flubbed on.

Yep. Fair appraisal.

Lets itemize for recollection.

Koski was not sharp.

2GA
1GA called back
2GA pulled back from the line by his own D.
2Goal posts
2 Wide open nets that the Nucks somehow missed.

This could easily have been a 5GA net. Lets be clear too that the 3rd GA called back was plain ugly. He looked asleep on the play.

This was an adventure performance that once again hilited his weaknesses. But this was against the Canucks without Petersson, their top scorer, who I think would have bagged one. Canucks were guilty of not burying their chances.

On the positive side the size of Koskinen is influencing shooters to miss the net, even in the Shootout as 3 Nucks shooters shot wide, lmao.

Koski also had a good poke check on a break.

Koski made a couple good blocker saves. and looked good on shootout for a goalie that is lesss accustomed to seeing them.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I would love to see Koski play 10 in a row, even if he has a bad game, throw him right back in there the next.

Talbot helps this team lose, hes done here. Time to see what we have with Koski.

The skipping record. Its amazing how many times you mention Talbot is done in games he didn't even play in and considering he's been playing well lately.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Koskinen still lets in softies. Good goalie but not 60+ game starting goalie in the NHL. There is a big difference between being a backup who can come in and steal the occasional games or go on 3 or 4 game runs and being a consistant good starting goalie. Who knows perhaps his game is being tampered with and ruined by Schwartz. Need to see more consistency from Koskinen.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Needs to tighten up in the first period. Seems to lock it down after that. He also able to make that big unlikely save every game. Keep him rolling.

Reactions: fresh meat

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
Koskinen still lets in softies. Good goalie but not 60+ game starting goalie in the NHL. There is a big difference between being a backup who can come in and steal the occasional games or go on 3 or 4 game runs and being a consistant good starting goalie. Who knows perhaps his game is being tampered with and ruined by Schwartz. Need to see more consistency from Koskinen.
Schwartz is just ruining our goalies. Pretty sure of that. Would love to see someone like Piero Greco working with Talbot and Kosko. He did wonders to Lehner in NYI.

fresh meat

Nov 29, 2018
Needs to tighten up in the first period. Seems to lock it down after that. He also able to make that big unlikely save every game. Keep him rolling.
It amazes me how he is consistently god-like at home and just mediocre on the road. That being said, he did come up with some ridiculously big/timely saves and I think we lose last night's game if Talbot is in net.

Plevna

Nov 2, 2018
Koskinen is very big man and this is his first season in NHL. I don't think that playing 10 game in row is very good idea. Both goalies are played some good games. It's reason to remember that our defence very bad. There is no goalie on Earth who can look good every night behind this team.

Reactions: The Batman

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
In all fairness only a third of the starters in the league play 60+. Pretty much anyone we get for the next year or two is really going to be in the same boat. Hope for 50ish games and have a solid backup is about all we can wish for

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
Koskenin seems like a guy the team wants to battle for.

IMO Talbot has a hard time with the pressure cooker. He would be way better on a team like Carolina.

I was listening to Duchene talk post game after Ott/Col and he talked about plying well when he’s light and happy. He had a great game because of having a kid and it was his birthday. Reminded me a lot of Dadbot, don’t trade for Duchene.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad