Player Discussion Koskinen Re-Signed PT2

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Thank you for extending that thought. heh

But in all seriousness a .905 save %, and that is steadily declining, and a GAA approaching 3, is not good.

Like I've said before, wouldn't surprise me if his stats were 3GA/GP and around ,900 by seasons end.

He's gong from people here saying he was great to not even being able to honestly state that he's good.

He's not even average. That's the reality.
So you mean he hits talbot numbers by seasons end.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Talbot is career .916

Koski is .904.

Around 60% of the starting NHL goalie percentile would fit between those two career figures.

Guess which one has posted good career numbers and which one hasn't, and has been getting worse?
Ohhh Talbots numbers from two years ago. I guess using that logic Lucic is a 50 point player still.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
At least Talbot and Lucic were worthwhile players at some point. mic drop..

Nor are Talbots numbers from "2years ago" He had better numbers than Koskinen just last season.
First part is fair enough. 2nd part is just not true. Almost identical. Hence why I said koskinen will have talbot numbers by seasons end haha

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon
Talbot is career .916

Koski is .904.

Around 60% of the starting NHL goalie percentile would fit between those two career figures.

Guess which one has posted good career numbers and which one hasn't, and has been getting worse?

So you're still comparing lower scoring seasons / era to a higher scoring new era where goalies like Bobrovsky, Quick, Holtby, Fleury, Anderson, Crawford, Lundqvist, Hellebuyck, Dubnyk and Grubauer are having approximately the same numbers as Koskinen, even with better structured teams with better systems?

Page after page you keep repeating yourself and even when proven wrong you're still preaching here worse than a JW.

It should be telling that Talbot who has had way more games in the NHL than Koski had his career numbers go down faster than the guy with the smaller sample size.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Thank you for extending that thought. heh

But in all seriousness a .905 save %, and that is steadily declining, and a GAA approaching 3, is not good.

Like I've said before, wouldn't surprise me if his stats were 3GA/GP and around ,900 by seasons end.

He's gong from people here saying he was great to not even being able to honestly state that he's good.

He's not even average. That's the reality.
What numbers are you looking at here?

If I go from nhl.com it lists his current Sv% at 0.908, which is good for around 21st place amongst starters.

For progression numbers I did them myself since that was quicker than trying to find them and defining range.
Start season - Klefbom injury [1-15]: Sv% xxx -> 0.927
Klefbom injury - Klefbom back [16-29]: Sv% 0.927 -> 0.908
Klefbom back - now [30-36] : Sv% 0.908 - 0.908

In the last period (7 GP) it's been very much up and down, highs of 0.939, 0.943 and 0.971 and lows of 0.750 and 0.826.

The trend I see is that when the D is in shambles the goalie struggles. I would expect his Sv% to go up a bit towards the end of the season actually, even though I think it may take a hit tonight. I guess we'll see how things go. The same argument obviously goes both ways and is valid for Talbot this season as well as last year.

Reactions: jonu

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Koski 2 wins above 500 this year.

Talbot 5 games below 500 this year

Thanks for blowing another season Talbot!

So glad we got rid of that bum, he was a cancer to the team.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Koski 2 wins above 500 this year.

Talbot 5 games below 500 this year

Thanks for blowing another season Talbot!

So glad we got rid of that bum, he was a cancer to the team.
Isn't it kinda weird that Koskinen has 5 wins in the last two months? Stop calling Talbot a cancer.

upload_2019-2-25_7-53-47.png

Only two in regulation to boot, and only one victory against a playoff team. Wow, colour me sold.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
So you're still comparing lower scoring seasons / era to a higher scoring new era where goalies like Bobrovsky, Quick, Holtby, Fleury, Anderson, Crawford, Lundqvist, Hellebuyck, Dubnyk and Grubauer are having approximately the same numbers as Koskinen, even with better structured teams with better systems?

Page after page you keep repeating yourself and even when proven wrong you're still preaching here worse than a JW.

It should be telling that Talbot who has had way more games in the NHL than Koski had his career numbers go down faster than the guy with the smaller sample size.

It should be telling that you're a one topic, one player, finnish poster supporting Koskinen. I don't see you in any other threads, maybe Puljujarvi but its impossible now for anybody to defend his contribution.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
It has been a while but I'll again state that I think everyone should be welcome to discuss players on these boards. Finnish posters can have an increased interest for Finnish players but that does not mean that they should be singled out when joining the discussion.

It's happened to me several times as a Swede and it honestly sucks every time that you need bring up credentials to justify a position. That shouldn't be what this place is about.

Reactions: jonu

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon
It should be telling that you're a one topic, one player, finnish poster supporting Koskinen. I don't see you in any other threads, maybe Puljujarvi but its impossible now for anybody to defend his contribution.

I just don't post that much, as you can see from my profile. But when I post its not full of shit. Or is fandom measured in posts?

Reactions: TB12

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I just don't post that much, as you can see from my profile. But when I post its not full of ****. Or is fandom measured in posts?

You're telling me your posts are not full of shit in a post in which you state it. That's a bit confusing.

Look, we all probably think our posts have the most substance, but your reply is silly and a bit juvenile.

I come here for discussion. If you are unable to do that don't respond.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It has been a while but I'll again state that I think everyone should be welcome to discuss players on these boards. Finnish posters can have an increased interest for Finnish players but that does not mean that they should be singled out when joining the discussion.

It's happened to me several times as a Swede and it honestly sucks every time that you need bring up credentials to justify a position. That shouldn't be what this place is about.

So the poster you are defending, that just inferred other opinions "are full of shit" is inviting discourse?

C'mon.

Of course everybody is welcome. But the poster is intentionally baiting, and with such tag lines as "when everybody proves you wrong" This has not occurred, and is an opinion disguised as fact. If the poster was replying with any substance I wouldn't have responded as I did. Did you not see his latest post. Inferring others posts are "full of shit" is NOT conducive to discussion on a moderated board. Is it?
Do you approve of that nature of derision?

I did find it funny that a poster that only posts on Koskinen, that is from Finland initiates that I'm the one having the player bias. Do you not follow what I'm stating?

Last edited:
Reactions: LaGu

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
They scored one, you don’t count the goals that don’t count. That’s kind of how it works. Or should we start blaming Kosko for the times he gets kneed in the chest and gets put out of position letting a goal in. I guess Talbot wouldn’t have been pushed back with a player barrellibg right into him with his positionally sound suction cup goal pads.

But yeh, **** Ducks sure. But it’s just one more game on top of many since Klefbombs been back, including the run he had when Hitch first got here, including outplaying Talbot when the entire year, that makes him our starter. Is he the best starter in the league? Nope, but he’s the best we’ve had in 2 years with the potential to be even better.

The bolded is interesting, because no such excuse was ever afforded Talbot.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad