Player Discussion Koskinen Re-Signed PT2

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
You keep saying that, but also keep claiming we shouldn’t write Koskinen off because he’s only had half a season of poor play, and that’s apparently not enough to know what kind of player he is.

How about you actually provide some sort of evidence to back up your claim instead of resorting to petty attacks
Petty attacks? I have constantly tried to end this conversation with you. You just keep storming back. I don't have evidence that Koskinen will get better. I (or you) also don't have concrete evidence that he won't get better. Tired of arguing about this. I guess only time will tell.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I'll give Koskinen time to bounce back. Talbot has had the better part of 2 years to get in gear and hasn't. I sure hope that we sign a cheap but solid goalie as an insurance policy in the offseason.

We have no choice but to give Koskinen time to bounce back. His contract is unmovable.

If he was a free agent though I wouldn't pause for a second to show him his walking papers. Dude is not a good goalie. At least not behind this sad sack of a team.

Reactions: The Nuge

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Nothing wrong with koski. Keep running with him. He cant score goals I'll give him that

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Keep running with him? Lol. We really have no other options now.

I was just thinking the same thing. The team has hitched their wagon to Koskinen.
Hopefully he can cut down on the atrocious goals like the 1st goal in the Pittsburgh game.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Koski is so much more calmer and makes bigger saves
Are you related to Chia? Because Chia was the idiot that handed out that contract. Another sub .900 save percentage effort again last night. A whopping .829. And yet another loss where the opposing goalie outplayed him. He’ll probably wind up south of .900 by the end of the year, not far to go now. And all for only 4.5 million for the next 3 years on a team up against the cap. Strap yourself in, it’s going to be a rough ride.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Koski is so much more calmer and makes bigger saves

He only looks calm because he’s so slow. I’ve never seen a goalie so easily beat. Just look at last night. Lehner flies across the crease and robs Klefbom. Meanwhile Koskinen can’t push across, and gives up the easy goal to Lee to lock up the loss. You could see the pass coming from a mile away, and Koskinen STILL couldn’t get over to it. You’d be a fool to shoot on a 2 on 1 with Koskinen because a pass is just about a guaranteed goal.

Hope we can trade him before his contract is up.

That would be a miracle. In a perfect world, we trade him before the deadline. I know he’s only got a .905 SV%, but it might never be higher than that again. He needs some serious work if he wants to be an NHL goalie. My prediction. We end up trading him to Carolina for Darling before his deal is up

Keep running with him? Lol. We really have no other options now.

Hope and pray that Stolarz can rebound from his injuries. That’s about our only hope right now. We know Koskinen sucks. We at least don’t know that about Stolarz yet.

Reactions: Stoneman89

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
What sv% is required to win games? Going by the last two months this is a ~30 point season.

mZqTscQ.png

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
He only looks calm because he’s so slow. I’ve never seen a goalie so easily beat. Just look at last night. Lehner flies across the crease and robs Klefbom. Meanwhile Koskinen can’t push across, and gives up the easy goal to Lee to lock up the loss. You could see the pass coming from a mile away, and Koskinen STILL couldn’t get over to it. You’d be a fool to shoot on a 2 on 1 with Koskinen because a pass is just about a guaranteed goal.

That would be a miracle. In a perfect world, we trade him before the deadline. I know he’s only got a .905 SV%, but it might never be higher than that again. He needs some serious work if he wants to be an NHL goalie. My prediction. We end up trading him to Carolina for Darling before his deal is up

Hope and pray that Stolarz can rebound from his injuries. That’s about our only hope right now. We know Koskinen sucks. We at least don’t know that about Stolarz yet.
I think you have the goalies backwards, Talbot was the slow one, how often have you seen him just go down and give up and not even try to move.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
You keep saying that, but also keep claiming we shouldn’t write Koskinen off because he’s only had half a season of poor play, and that’s apparently not enough to know what kind of player he is.

How about you actually provide some sort of evidence to back up your claim instead of resorting to petty attacks

I’m guessing you wrote off Talbot when he first got here and lost his job to Nilsson?

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I think you have the goalies backwards, Talbot was the slow one, how often have you seen him just go down and give up and not even try to move.

I’m sorry... what?! If you actually think that, I don’t know what to tell you. Talbot is a very explosive goalie. He moves exceptionally well. Koskinen on the other hand is probably the slowest goalie to play in the last 20 years.

I’m guessing you wrote off Talbot when he first got here and lost his job to Nilsson?

No. Because he didn’t lose his job, and much like this year, he still showed well

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Seriously dude, have you watched the games? Did you not see the slow as molasses move across the net in the Pittsburgh game where a bantam goalie could have come across and made the save? Had time to read the paper while that one happened. For a huge goalie, I've never seen a guy give up so much net as Koskinen.

Reactions: guymez and The Nuge

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I’m sorry... what?! If you actually think that, I don’t know what to tell you. Talbot is a very explosive goalie. He moves exceptionally well. Koskinen on the other hand is probably the slowest goalie to play in the last 20 years.

No. Because he didn’t lose his job, and much like this year, he still showed well
Showed well? He wasn’t good when he first got here and was only good for 1 season and then back to trash.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Kosk's contract sucks and Chia is an idiot. Doesnt change the fact that he is outright better than Talbot. I'd like to see him with Klefbom and Sekera in front instead of Manning and Petrovic.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Showed well? He wasn’t good when he first got here and was only good for 1 season and then back to trash.

He was actually if you didn’t just stat watch. He was good for 2 years, mediocre (and still better than Koskinen) for one, and bad for one. His save percentage was also climbing back up before we gave up on him

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
What difference does it it really make now though? he's gone, not coming back, and that's that. What's done is done. Now, we need to concentrate on the latest shitty signing.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
What sv% is required to win games? Going by the last two months this is a ~30 point season.

mZqTscQ.png
Looks like he got pulled 3 times in that stretch

This contract is as bad as the Leafs signing Jeff Finger back in the day

Bob Nicholson saying that the organization approved the Koskinen deal just further solidifies that everyone needs to be fired. If he was smart, he would had just blamed it on Chia.

The Flames had a KHL goalie experiment with Karri Ramo not too long ago and that failed. The Oilers are literally replicating that.. but with a worse goalie

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Looks like he got pulled 3 times in that stretch

This contract is as bad as the Leafs signing Jeff Finger back in the day

Bob Nicholson saying that the organization approved the Koskinen deal just further solidifies that everyone needs to be fired. If he was smart, he would had just blamed it on Chia.

The Flames had a KHL goalie experiment with Karri Ramo not too long ago and that failed. The Oilers are literally replicating that.. but with a worse goalie

The Oilers are looking at Kiprusoff I think. Hoping its that kind of hire. The Oilers are really guilty of evaluating Calgary success and trying to replicate it. Kind of makes me sick. Of all the models to follow our management team is looking off to Calgary. I think its the same reason they figured Yamamoto could be a player. You don't use a first pick to pick a runt. Not even Calgary did that, not even Tampa did that. Those are outside chances you pick in later rounds or not at all.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
The Oilers are looking at Kiprusoff I think. Hoping its that kind of hire. The Oilers are really guilty of evaluating Calgary success and trying to replicate it. Kind of makes me sick. Of all the models to follow our management team is looking off to Calgary. I think its the same reason they figured Yamamoto could be a player. You don't use a first pick to pick a runt. Not even Calgary did that, not even Tampa did that. Those are outside chances you pick in later rounds or not at all.
Lol man if they were thinking of getting a Kiprusoff out of Koskinen than they were f***ing high

Kipper was one of the most athletic goalies of all time.. Koskinen is a f***ing slow ass refrigerator

I still have time for Yamamoto, he's still pretty young. Players who were drafted at the same time as him as still in juniors while he's already playing pro. He just needs to do what he does in NHL pre-season more often

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad