Confirmed with Link: Komarov 4x3

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I wonder if Trotz putting Wilson on the 1st line in Wash was a unique thing for him or if he did similar things in Nashville? If it's something he does, we shouldn't assume Komorov is here for the 4th or even 3rd line. Just saying.

PDCIslander41

May 22, 2018
yep exactly! every one of the posters who hemmed and hawed about overpaying tavares deserve every minute they see of Thomas Hickey and Leo Komarov.

Money wasn't ever going to be the issue. We could have offered $15m a year and it wasn't going to matter. The Sharks offered $14m.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The issue here.. and maybe for a while down the road is that our Capitan jumping ship sends a very powerful message to the rest of the league.

"Why would I want to play for NYI is their Captain doesn't even want too?"

JT has hurt this team in many ways aside from the on ice product.

Burn in hell.

Maybe if he decided it sooner, but the way he went about this whole process has me thinking he just left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths around the league.

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
It's true.

I know we spoke about Stan Fischler going off. Apparently Ken Daneyko also laid into JT about his decision.

The way JT went about this might work in our favor

Hope you guys are right ... I worry this is a black eye that will last a while.

Like in beerfest ... hahahaha.

Reactions: PWJunior

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
I wonder if Trotz putting Wilson on the 1st line in Wash was a unique thing for him or if he did similar things in Nashville? If it's something he does, we shouldn't assume Komorov is here for the 4th or even 3rd line. Just saying.

He definitely did similar things in Nashville, where he managed to squeeze offense out of lots of gritty, defensively-responsible players like Komarov.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
He definitely did similar things in Nashville, where he managed to squeeze offense out of lots of gritty, defensively-responsible players like Komarov.
Thanks - good info. I suspect we'll see the same thing here.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Okay Isles fans. Here is the real take. Listen to me and not the Leafs fans that are taking pot shots at Komarov because this is what they do when players leave that organization. It's some kind of insecurity I think we all have seen in the Barzal > Marner threads. It's the truth we know it.

If you draw a line through last season. Komarov was a very good player the past 2 seasons.

Last season, he had very tough match ups. On the shut down line with Kadri who is not the greatest of playmakers, and also no PP mins so his production can be expected to be modest.

I think he will help the Isles as they transition. Babcock loved him. So take that as a good sign. He was hurt in the playoffs and never got back in the line up.

Isles fans will love his effort, his courage, and his hard play. He is not fun to play against. I can see him taking a few hits at JT just for fun when the Isles meet the Leafs. He used to love hitting Doughty and Ovie.

Not the most skilled player, but not a Matt Martin either. Much more skilled than that. He was an alternate Captain also. This also tells you how well regarded he is by coaches and players.

The term is perhaps 1 year too long, but at 3 years for 3M per, if the Isles want leadership, they want a great guy in the room, and they want a good defensive player who can PK. They got a decent player here.

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
Okay Isles fans. Here is the real take. Listen to me and not the Leafs fans that are taking pot shots at Komarov because this is what they do when players leave that organization. It's some kind of insecurity I think we all have seen in the Barzal > Marner threads. It's the truth we know it.

If you draw a line through last season. Komarov was a very good player the past 2 seasons.

Last season, he had very tough match ups. On the shut down line with Kadri who is not the greatest of playmakers, and also no PP mins so his production can be expected to be modest.

I think he will help the Isles as they transition. Babcock loved him. So take that as a good sign. He was hurt in the playoffs and never got back in the line up.

Isles fans will love his effort, his courage, and his hard play. He is not fun to play against. I can see him taking a few hits at JT just for fun when the Isles meet the Leafs. He used to love hitting Doughty and Ovie.

Not the most skilled player, but not a Matt Martin either. Much more skilled than that. He was an alternate Captain also. This also tells you how well regarded he is by coaches and players.

The term is perhaps 1 year too long, but at 3 years for 3M per, if the Isles want leadership, they want a great guy in the room, and they want a good defensive player who can PK. They got a decent player here.

Don't care, get the f*** out.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Here is a comparison from the past. Think Steve Webb but as a much better hockey player.

Actually that comparable may be an insult to Leo. But he likes to finish his checks like Webb did. He is actually good enough to play for Team Finland.

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
Hey hey hey. TWS is with us, he's not the enemy.

I'm sure he's a nice guy. Sports isn't real life. And even so, he seems like a pleasant sports fan too.

I don't care. I don't want to hear from any Leafs fans. Stay out. And the guise of "oh you must hear what I have to tell you about Leo f***ing Komorov" is pretty thin!

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I'm sure he's a nice guy. Sports isn't real life. And even so, he seems like a pleasant sports fan too.

I don't care. I don't want to hear from any Leafs fans. Stay out. And the guise of "oh you must hear what I have to tell you about Leo ****ing Komorov" is pretty thin!

I'm not a Leafs fan. I broke a rule of mine of not posting on one team's site because I felt bad for Isles fans after getting to know so many of them in many Barzal threads last season. But I do know Komarov's game. The poster that posted above you is a die hard Leafs fan. I would watch him and his motives here.

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
Jets fan coming in peace. I love Leo and his game - or at least the game he played 1-2 years ago. Last season he played hurt (at least in the playoffs, but I think something was wrong with him during the regular season too), so we will see whether he can bounce back to what he was. If he can, then this deal is not horrible - but it still is quite bad.

If he can't... then this deal is garbage. IMO 2x$2M would have been a fair deal. I actually laughed in disbelief when I saw the numbers.

Basically in one week your team has gone from JT to Komarov + Filppula and ADDED $1.25M cap while doing it. I hope that my countrymen can help you out in the best way possible, but... I feel sorry for you guys.

burana800

Dec 5, 2010
Finland
Leo or "Leksa" is pretty much a legend here in Finland. Not that it's worth anything but I think he might be a good fit for us. Last season was bad for him but I think he can bounce back. Really annoying player to play against.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I remember reading after his signing was reported... that he was going through personal problems last year.

That Lou was aware of them and that it is now resolved.

Reactions: Macch

Jun 15, 2007
Super team guy with lots of heart but as always seems to happen with guys who play that style you break down. THats Leo. Especially after the Ovie hit he never seemed the same.
Lou Lou Lou still living in the past.
Bad deal
Komarov had his two best years right after the Ovechkin hit.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
OK I'm just gonna take the L. Sorry TWS. Bitterness got to me.
No problem MBT. I know everyone is on edge after the Judas deception. But it will get better. Really as someone else said, you really don't want a player, a Captain no less, if that player does not want an Islander on his chest. Isles will get players that want to be an Islander. Everyone remembers the Bossy, Potvin, Trottier Arbour teams. There is a great history with this franchise. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Most true hockey fans know this.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Don't care, get the **** out.
no YOU GET THE FRAC OUT , The Winter Soldier is 1000 percent correct, and you mr Barnaby dont know your Azz from a hole in the ground

grow up and change your diaper

Lou and Trotz are establishing a work ethic and building an infrastructure, just because you have no clue doesnt mean they dont

the stupidity of some of our fans knows no bounds

The Winter Soldier is 1000 percent correct,

the fact that you dont understand Lous moves is more of an indictment of your lack of understanding than anything

when you build a house the first thing you do is lay a foundation

Last edited:

bstash19

Apr 8, 2012
long island
i havent seen anyone post this, but according to capfriendly, he has a modified NTC with this deal. He can submit a list of 7 teams he doesnt want to be traded to. Why should he get any sort of protection?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad