Confirmed with Link: Komarov 4x3

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
No problem MBT. I know everyone is on edge after the Judas deception. But it will get better. Really as someone else said, you really don't want a player, a Captain no less, if that player does not want an Islander on his chest. Isles will get players that want to be an Islander. Everyone remembers the Bossy, Potvin, Trottier Arbour teams. There is a great history with this franchise. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Most true hockey fans know this.

Please make yourself at home here. We like your insights, plus it's a bonus that your mere presence tends to piss off a bunch of TML fans (only the small portion of their base that believes that they've got multiple Stanley Cups on lock, and the next few seasons are just a formality).

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Please make yourself at home here. We like your insights, plus it's a bonus that your mere presence tends to piss off a bunch of TML fans (only the small portion of their base that believes that they've got multiple Stanley Cups on lock, and the next few seasons are just a formality).
Agreed 1000 %, he's a nice offset to the many shall we say less than informed posters on this board who refuse to do even the barest research or to even consider strategic planning. The damage is done. Going off half cocked in a wild misconceived spree of abandon will only compound the issue. What we need to do is let cooler heads act and use reason.

It's nice to have others who understand that rational thinking is necessary in times of crisis.... TWS, much like Sidney the Kidney, adds to this board in so many ways. Perception and savvy hockey knowledge always should be welcomed

Last edited:

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Agreed 1000 %, he's a nice offset to the many shall we say less than informed posters on this board who refuse to do even the barest research or to even consider strategic planning. The damage is done. Going off half cocked in a wild misconceived spree of abandon will only compound the issue. What we need to do is let cooler heads act and use reason.

It's nice to have others who understand that rational thinking is necessary in times of crisis.... TWS, much like Sidney the Kidney, adds to this board in so many ways. Perception and savvy hockey knowledge always should be welcomed

Good point on STK! He's been providing pretty reliable commentary here for years now. These guys are good to have around.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Good point on STK! He's been providing pretty reliable commentary here for years now. These guys are good to have around.
yes they are, they are intelligent balance posters who provide a balanced outside perspective. and both of them are very respectful of our unique situation re being the 2nd class citizens in NY. too many of our fans are so damaged by our situation that it colors their perception of reality. and until they recognize that they need to account for that, as you and some others have, they will cotinue to be at a disadvantage

that more than anything is why we need Both Sid and The Winter Soldier. they act as a counter balance to our own Islander myopia

Reactions: The Lighthouse

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
Just noticed that on top of that fat 12M/4Yr contract he got a 7-team NTC. Facepalm.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
i havent seen anyone post this, but according to capfriendly, he has a modified NTC with this deal. He can submit a list of 7 teams he doesnt want to be traded to. Why should he get any sort of protection?

He’s a “glue guy”, duh.

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
Just noticed that on top of that fat 12M/4Yr contract he got a 7-team NTC. Facepalm.

Yeah, he's well-liked by teammates, so there's that. But he won't put up any offence, even when played higher in the line up, and his defensive numbers took a hard dive the past year and a half. You never know, maybe he turns it around, but I wouldn't count on it.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Hey guys, I am away on vacation a week now. Just checking in. Just going to tell you guys I think Komarov is going to bounce back this season. He had reported personal problems last year. Plus he was injured in the playoffs. I think you guys will love him. He is a great body checker, has some skill, is a decent skater, team player, and is very well liked by his teammates. Think Nik Kulemin but with a lot more grit and agitation in his game. If Lou gets 3 years out of him, he was a good signing. It's one year too much for me, but at 3M per. Not a back breaker given the Isles cap space.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Let's hope that was the context in which he said it... otherwise I already dislike this fellow.

"You have been drinking your whiskey from Kentucky" (said in deadpan Russian accent - from the movie 2010).

Sarcasm anyone? Jeez... Seriously, it's supposed to be funny.

Or else y'all really think John Tavares is going to stop David Pastrnak from blowing by Jake Gardiner again, and again, and again...

Reactions: CupHolders

nyisleslover

Jun 20, 2018
Albany, NY
There needs to be context to fully understand the quote. First of all, you'd probably have to know a little bit about Komarov as a person. Secondly, his voice inflection, and how he said it could easily have been sarcastic as much as it could have been serious. Even if he were serious though, so what? We know he's stating the obvious and not saying that he hopes it happens. If that were the case, credit the guy for giving an honest answer. People get way too uptight about these things.

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
After that quote I already love this guy. I guess everyone forgets the Leafs lost JvR and Bozak as well, they are not the best team in Hockey, and they are still the 3rd best team in their division. Calling them cup favorites in absurd. I love Leo's sarcasm.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
He's gonna unravel like a cheap sweater. I hope it's November and he has zero goals and get's boo'ed every time he touches the puck.
He thinks he's hated here....wait til he has a 3 game scoring drought. He'll have fans throwing shit at his house at all hours of the night. Unlike here, he probably went to Roosevelt Field Mall, buys something and gets a "Thank you for shopping here Mr. Tav-riguez."

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
He thinks he's hated here....wait til he has a 3 game scoring drought. He'll have fans throwing **** at his house at all hours of the night. Unlike here, he probably went to Roosevelt Field Mall, buys something and gets a "Thank you for shopping here Mr. Tav-riguez."
It's going to be like Bobby Bonilla signing with the Mets. He'll get boo'ed right out of town.

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
The thing everyone misses about the Leo Komarov signing is that he has Russian and Finnish citizenship. He plays as long as the Islanders want him in the NHL at $3 million per year. When he passes through waivers to Bridgeport he will retire from the NHL and play the rest of his career in the KHL. It won't be $3 million, it will probably be mid six-figures tax-free, but it will be home for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad