Post-Game Talk: Knock knock! Who's there? No one. Pens lose to Flyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
He was born in Brunei, military family I think. But as far as I know he's American.

Adams is Canadian, don't try to pawn him off on us.

Also, I don't see how anyone can say they didn't get to their game. Did you see how many times they missed the net? That's Ruslan Fedotenko hockey to a tee.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
You can blame DB for some of Sid's or Geno's woes, but it's not like I'm seeing Sutter create chances only to be screwed over by some vanilla linemate. Coaching won't do **** all for him. He is what he is.

Yup. And if we're all watching the same games, Joe Vitale has pretty much outplayed Sutter on a nightly basis. And Vitale is completely and totally limited as a player, so it's not like he's the solution on the third line.

But Shero needs to realize we don't have a quality third-line center any longer. Throwing it out there, but I'd love to give Brian Gibbons a look. Why the hell not?

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC

Also, I don't see how anyone can say they didn't get to their game. Did you see how many times they missed the net? That's Ruslan Fedotenko hockey to a tee.

DAMN! You're right. You're both right. I am wrong. It was Kevyn Adams who is American...the Adams Family line from Carolina in 2006. Damn.

Well it's a good thing.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
He was next to invisible last year and its' the same so far right now. I don't even care about goal totals that much, as I'd like to see something that resembles intensity once in a while.

I thought he was looking more intense for a bit, it wasn't goals, he was looking like a better and tougher player. Then the team started to be complete crap with little effort and he stopped being that player.

Him being invisible isn't the problem when players like Dupuis and Orpik are running around being hacks and Letang looks like he's in need of testing.

penguins2946*

Also, why is D'Agostini playing? He's just a worse TK. That 3rd line wing hole is huge. Too bad Jokinen-Sutter-Dupuis would never happen, that would actually be a nice 3rd line.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Bourque on the radio saying if it were up to him he'd change the lines.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Sid needs to start cutting in on these breaks of his and try to take the goalie wide. I'm tired of him trying to flick shots through the 5 hole.
Yup its like he's just shooting on a shooter tudor. There's not even a movement to fake short side, go wide and open the five hole.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
As a GM, you can't be afraid of making trades. No matter who is coaching your team. But who's kidding who here? Bylsma isn't getting canned, and Shero will continue to acquire players for his coach. And after going all in, he's probably less interested in bringing in non-Bylsma types.

Basically, we're %$#@ed.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
And that's like, what, the fifth game you could've said that for? So I am to believe that we keep ending up on the bad side of "bounces" or "luck"?

No, I don't believe that. I believe what I see - a lot of low percentage shots resulting in low goal games. Too much being cute, and not enough goal scoring.

Tonight was legitimately different.

Neal SHOULD have buried at least three of his chances, Orpik could have easily buried his chance, Crosby could have scored on his breakaway, he could have scored on his two point blank backhands directly into Emery's pads, Letang could have easily buried his two wide open nets.

I mean some of those are goals 95% of the time. Tonight was extraordinarily unlucky.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
it was something like "are you okay with losing because you're playing well and just not getting the results you deserve"

Clown%20Question.jpg

Oh Rossi.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
I would be very cautious in letting anybody go before a coaching change.

:handclap: Been saying this since last season. I believe that Orpik would not like a coaching change because that person is more than likely going to push these players with a belief that they are a real contender and this is a opportunity for that new coach to win a cup. Orpik doesn't like to be pushed, so with him on the decline I say Bon Voyage.:nod:

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I'd bump my "No more Pascal Dupuis" thread from 3 years ago, but we got a perfect sample of what we're stuck with for the next 4 years.

Of course most of us here will agree, now. Many of us did since back then. There were also lots who celebrated Dupers new deal as a discount though - and told us "you should not let a player that good leave". To some of us it was clear that re-signing him meant more of him on the 1st line, and even if he played elsewhere, on the third line as he should, his salary would prevent us from getting abilities on the team that we need much more. Anyway, I have written too much about that already.

But that is neither here nor there.... the problems on the Pens are much, much bigger than Dupuis playing on line 1. That is just a symptom.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I don't agree with that. He just wasn't as bad as others.

Complete nonsense. Everyone's so obsessed with getting rid of his meager contract, they look for any nonsensical thing to try to get rid of him.

Like it or not, Martin and Nisky have been the team's best defensemen.

penguins2946*

Tonight was legitimately different.

Neal SHOULD have buried at least three of his chances, Orpik could have easily buried his chance, Crosby could have scored on his breakaway, he could have scored on his two point blank backhands directly into Emery's pads, Letang could have easily buried his two wide open nets.

I mean some of those are goals 95% of the time. Tonight was extraordinarily unlucky.

I absolutely hate when people say we got unlucky. That's just a crappy excuse to cover up what the actual problems are. It doesn't matter what should have happen or could have happened, they didn't. It's on those players for not cashing those in. That excuse, and "we didn't get to our game" makes my blood boil.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
it was something like "are you okay with losing because you're playing well and just not getting the results you deserve"

Yeah, that would do it. I want Crosby to explode, or Malkin, or Letang, anyone really. Can Vokoun fly in to do it?

No... he's... an alien. Tell Bylsma.

Bourque on the radio saying if it were up to him he'd change the lines.

Everyone but the moron that needs to see can see it. Damn Shero can probably ****ing see it.

The one thing I have faith in is that Crosby will eventually work on his breakaways. :shakehead

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Complete nonsense. Everyone's so obsessed with getting rid of his meager contract, they look for any nonsensical thing to try to get rid of him.

Like it or not, Martin and Nisky have been the team's best defensemen.

No its not nonsense. I saw him turn his share of pucks over and make ill advised passes. I'm not even taking into account the joke of a goal on the PK. He wasn't the worst offender but he still wasn't good either. Just the smartest kid in the Pejorative Slur class.

As for the last sentence, Niskanen has been nowhere close to one of our 2 best defensemen.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Yup. And if we're all watching the same games, Joe Vitale has pretty much outplayed Sutter on a nightly basis. And Vitale is completely and totally limited as a player, so it's not like he's the solution on the third line.

But Shero needs to realize we don't have a quality third-line center any longer. Throwing it out there, but I'd love to give Brian Gibbons a look. Why the hell not?
I'll take anyone that will show a pulse... anyone. All Sutter is doing is throwing weak shots on net from above the circles and playing safe hockey.

I thought Glass had a good game tonight and IMO the 4th line has out played the 3rd line most of this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad