Post-Game Talk: Knock knock! Who's there? No one. Pens lose to Flyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiptanaka

Jan 12, 2006
Woonsocket
Have no fear, Adams is American!

bylsma-smile.jpg

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Can anyone explain to me why Bylsma never feels the need to match the lines up in his team's favor?

I know it's due to ignorance and arrogance, but are there any other good ideas?

Yup. It's a "My guys are better than your guys" mentality.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
THIS! Malkin and especially Crosby were absolutely allright tonight. One of their better games of the year, easily. That just wasn´t enough, because they are still not converting their chances like they should and the rest of the team is just mediocre. A lot of chances created by Crosby/Malkin were just squandered by Neal, Letang, Bortuzzo, etc..

Also, we need P.Martin back, our transition is suffering badly now.
I just can't agree with that. Sid and Malkin aren't paid what they make to be OK. They're paid to be stars in this league and be game breakers.

Sids missing a bunch of break aways and gives away pucks at the offensive blue line a lot. I understand that he should get some freedom but the bad is outweighing the good already. His pass completion on the PP is pretty bad too.

Kunitz and Dupuis flubbing passes just adds to the misery but missing break aways and making stupid passes is on Sid and only Sid.

If he needs better wingers then he should take $7.187 or what ever candy ass number the Pens can get cute with.

I'm with a lot of you guys... I hate this team right now. The Pens have become more about the show than the game.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
This...

images

is about as bad as this...

images

Just endless amounts of BS with zero solutions and not a clue in sight.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I just can't agree with that. Sid and Malkin aren't paid what they make to be OK. They're paid to be stars in this league and be game breakers.

Sids missing a bunch of break aways and gives away pucks at the offensive blue line a lot. I understand that he should get some freedom but the bad is outweighing the good already. His pass completion on the PP is pretty bad too.

Kunitz and Dupuis flubbing passes just adds to the misery but missing break aways and making stupid passes is on Sid and only Sid.

If he needs better wingers then he should take $7.187 or what ever candy ass number the Pens can get cute with.

I'm with a lot of you guys... I hate this team right now. The Pens have become more about the show than the game.

Sid needs to start cutting in on these breaks of his and try to take the goalie wide. I'm tired of him trying to flick shots through the 5 hole.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Can anyone explain to me why Bylsma never feels the need to match the lines up in his team's favor?

You forgot Ego and" I believe in my Guys to overcome" attitude.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Haven't read the thread, but I don't care...

Malkin was a beast tonight. Easily the best player on the ice. A great game.

Letang is a joke. His accuracy is ridiculously bad, he continues to make poor decisions with the puck, and continues to be a liability defensively. How two guys got behind him on Schenn's second goal is beyond me. ~8 million a year, baby!!

The PP is just sad. I don't understand how you can lose so many puck battles when you have an extra guy, but the Pens have become experts at it. Their entry is shaky, their movement is bad, and their chances (if they even get any) might be even worse. Just a total cluster **** when they have the man advantage.

31 shots, with maybe 5 of them being legit chances. This system is just so stale and easy for opponents to defend against.
I can ten off of the top of my head that were legitimate chances, five which in some games are certain goals.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
He's such an offensive black hole. He has a great wrister, but that's the extend of his offensive ability.

I've been saying for a while how badly I would be shopping him around the league right now.

There are journeyman C's you can easily pick up on the cheap in the off-season to replace whatever the **** he does. Hopefuly Dumoulin pans out or else we really got ****ed on that deal.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Does anyone actually want Sutter signed again?

It depends on the price, good Sutter, yes; bad Sutter, meh, it's the price that matters. But I can't really harp on him for being bad right now and he was looking good before the team fell apart. He's not even that bad right now compared to other players.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Pretty good comparison Seal.

I just want something.
Line changes...
Internal meetings...
Benching underperforming players...

You don't even have to fire and trade everyone.

The effort is pretty inexcusable as well.

Home game after 2 losses and you were outhit and losing the faceoff dot.
3rd period down 2-1 and you ice the puck 4 times to start the period.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

That's on Shero too. Stack up the top 6 or have depth. The Pens have had the same BS question marks they've had for years but I guess we'll get another defensemen because that's how the Preds raised Shero and they've won so much.

Vega

Nov 25, 2005
Socal
At this point i'd completely mix up the lines.

Bennett- Crosby- Neal
Kuntiz- Malkin- Megna?
Jokinen- Sutter- Dupuis

Screw it. I'm tired of hearing how Kunitz and Dupuis have to play with Sid.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
It depends on the price, good Sutter, yes; bad Sutter, meh, it's the price that matters. But I can't really harp on him for being bad right now and he was looking good before the team fell apart. He's not even that bad right now compared to other players.

He was next to invisible last year and its' the same so far right now. I don't even care about goal totals that much, as I'd like to see something that resembles intensity once in a while.

DB and Shero go hand in hand, no matter what anyone says, and right now Shero is on my **** list for continuing to try to sell us a bill of goods with this roster.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
I can ten off of the top of my head that were legitimate chances, five which in some games are certain goals.

And that's like, what, the fifth game you could've said that for? So I am to believe that we keep ending up on the bad side of "bounces" or "luck"?

No, I don't believe that. I believe what I see - a lot of low percentage shots resulting in low goal games. Too much being cute, and not enough goal scoring.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
At this point i'd completely mix up the lines.

Bennett- Crosby- Neal
Kuntiz- Malkin- Megna?
Jokinen- Sutter- Dupuis

Screw it. I'm tired of hearing how Kunitz and Dupuis have to play with Sid.

Thats not bad either.
A full change in linemates may do everyone some good and see some better looks offensively.

I'm sick of talking about line changes. 3 games/0 goals 5on5.
Just do it already.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
If a coaching change happens, we might just see a new Sutter under a different coaching staff and that goes for Letang & Fleury too.

You can blame DB for some of Sid's or Geno's woes, but it's not like I'm seeing Sutter create chances only to be screwed over by some vanilla linemate. Coaching won't do **** all for him. He is what he is.

penguins2946*

The thing that sucks is that there is no chance Bylsma gets fired this year. With Shero having a role in running team USA, he won't fire him this year. And what's even worse is that if they do well, we won't be getting rid of Bylsma for even longer. For him to be fired, the Pens would have to suck really badly, and Team USA would need to get smacked in Sochi. I don't think that will happen.

Also, I don't know why people are so upset with Sutter. He's a career 3rd liner. Maybe being the centerpiece of the Staal deal makes people have unrealistic expectations for him, or maybe just replacing Staal is causing that. The team just isn't playing well at all right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad