Post-Game Talk: Knock knock! Who's there? No one. Pens lose to Flyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic 6m
I just asked Bylsma why #Pens still not going to net: “No question we’re not getting pucks to the net, bodies to the net. Has to change.â€

https://twitter.com/Dejan_Kovacevic/status/400835479144525824

Doubt anything will change. Atleast Dejan asks somewhat tougher questions.

Does Danny Bylsma know that he has to tell the team to go to the net?

"Whhaaaa??? I thought my job was to give sweet Dupuis pep talks and make Gladams noticeable? What next, I'm supposed to put players in positions to succeed?"

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Just to be fair, I thought Maatta struggled tonight. Defensively, he was fairly solid, but he really struggled with the puck on his stick. Not his best game, but not bad.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Just to be fair, I thought Maatta struggled tonight. Defensively, he was fairly solid, but he really struggled with the puck on his stick. Not his best game, but not bad.

same little mistakes that starting creeping into Despres' game. Pucks getting caught in skates, some fumbling, etc...

If this board has taught me anything, it's that he now sucks balls.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Reporter asked Bylsma about the 10 giveaways.

DB responds that that stat is always usually incorrect and they do theier own stats.

LOL

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Typically would agree. I felt that way against Colorado. Then I watch a team with a million chances again tonight and we are shooting 30 feet above the net. :laugh:

It's frustrating. It really is. That's the life of a Pens fan right now. It's Cup or epic frustration.

It's not even so much that for me. I just want to see them build something. Something different. The season is young. Start building something now that may reap benefits when it starts to really matter. I mean, we're down a goal and Line 3 gets a shift and D'Agostini gets replaced by Glass. We're down a goal and Orpik starts seeing all kinds of ice time, on the right side no less.

Throw a forward back there for a shift or two (Dupuis maybe, I don't know), and ONLY play guys who can actually score goals when there are only 4 minutes left in a game, down 1.

It's just a constant refusal to make alterations to things not working. That's the most frustrating thing of all.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
no way is disco getting fired in an olympic year

What about after the Olympics? :laugh:

Americans who care about hockey will learn to hate him too. When the Pens look like they don't want to win and people notice he'll be gone. You don't mess with image because image effects profit. Country clubs don't even mess with profit.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
same little mistakes that starting creeping into Despres' game. Pucks getting caught in skates, some fumbling, etc...

If this board has taught me anything, it's that he now sucks balls.

Yeah I mean I'm not worried or anything, I just think it's fair to point out that he struggled like we do with the vets.

I also saw a fair amount of + for Bennett who didn't really do a ton with the puck tonight. He made the smart play every time, but I want to see him drive the play a bit more.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC

DB responds that that stat is always usually incorrect and they do theier own stats.

LOL

I think for once I agree with Disco. That giveaway stat is a joke. Everybody has a different interpretation of a giveaway. In Detroit, it's only a giveaway if Datsyuk took it away...nobody else takes the puck away from anyone else...ever.

I hate the inconsistencies with stats like that.

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
Right now, the way we're playing, I'm looking down the roster and seeing this..

Multitalented Players - Crosby, Malkin, Scuds, Martin

Potential - Maatta, Bennett, Bortuzzo

One-Tool Players - Neal (shot), Jokinen (provides offense in bursts), Vitale (face-offs), Sutter (defense)

Useless/Horribly Slumping/Dime-A-Dozen players - Kunitz, Dupuis, D'Agostini, Glass, Adams, Niskanen, Letang, Orpik, Engelland

On a contending team, you ideally want every player to bring tangible value to the lineup. You're not going to win a cup when two of your top six wingers are one-trick ponies and the other two are making $3.75M to play like trash. Most of our bottom six is useless as well as half of our defense. Letang has been a joke. Guys like Niskanen, Orpik, and Engelland are dime-a-dozen and could be traded tomorrow for all I care.

This is the kind of situation where the coach needs to step up and get the useless players contributing as well as turn the one-tool players into multitalented players and put the kids with potential in positions to succeed. Unfortunately, Bylsma does none of that, so we have a hot/cold team that relies on two or three players and when they don't come through we lose to the last place team in the division.

That's all I got. Thanks.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I'd bump my "No more Pascal Dupuis" thread from 3 years ago, but we got a perfect sample of what we're stuck with for the next 4 years.

Poor Sid. 8 years in the League and the only time he got to play with a bona fide 1st line winger was Hossa for 2 months. This organization should be ashamed of themselves.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
0 goals 5on5 in 3 games.
Megna had some chemistry with Malkin and they were producing.
Change it up. lol

Zero changes to the top line.

All of this is totally unacceptable.

You could roll out Neal-Malkin-Megna
and Kunitz-Crosby-Bennett.

Drop Dupuis to the 3rd line.

Just give me anything to be optimistic.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

LOL

That actually explains so much.

I expect that every team does that but with this one they'll just **** it up.

Dupuis didn't mess up, it was a brilliant play that no one supported him on. Not a giveaway.
Bennett didn't have his stick on the puck for a second. Giveaway.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Can anyone explain to me why Bylsma never feels the need to match the lines up in his team's favor?

I know it's due to ignorance and arrogance, but are there any other good ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->