GDT: KNIGHTS OF GOLD @ HOUSE OF THE STORM

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
This the Canes mandatory 5 day break that everyone gets. Theirs just happened to start yesterday.

I actually like combining it with the All-Star break instead of having two separate breaks during the season.
I'm sure the players appreciate the extra extended time. TT went back to Finland, something I'm guessing would be harder to do due to the jet lag if he only had a five day break.

Unfortunately, I'm sure they will look like they were on a ten day break in the first game back. Fortunately, it looks like Vegas will be in the same boat.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Unfortunately, I'm sure they will look like they were on a ten day break in the first game back. Fortunately, it looks like Vegas will be in the same boat.
I think Forslund mentioned that this will be consistent with each team coming off the 5-day break, that their first game would be against a team also coming off that break. Seems tough to schedule, but kudos to the NHL for getting that right.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Yep, this year half the league does their 5 day break before the ASG, half the league does it after the ASG. So all the games in this stretch are between teams who are just coming off a long break of their own. If we're going to have the bye week, this seems to be a good way to do it.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I think Forslund mentioned that this will be consistent with each team coming off the 5-day break, that their first game would be against a team also coming off that break. Seems tough to schedule, but kudos to the NHL for getting that right.

When they first instituted the 5-day break, teams went practically winless their first game back unless they happened to also be playing a team off their break. After that the NHL had no choice but to implement the change.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I'm not sure how they do that with an odd number of teams, but I get the idea.

it looks like the BJs are the ones that get screwed on this. They have an extra off day but come back to play Saturday afternoon in Buffalo who will have been playing regularly by then. Afternoon in Buffalo in February after a 10 day vacation. f*** that.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
So games start back up tonight but the Canes don’t play til Friday? **** a duck.

the n hl has the most baffling schedule of all the leagues i follow.

Still trying to wrap my mind around us ending the season with a back to back on the road .

349DBDC2-DC10-4D3C-9F02-877D79211E95.gif

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-28_11-5-26.gif
    upload_2020-1-28_11-5-26.gif
    469.1 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad